2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

warning:bosch +4's

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 08:42 PM
Jn2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs down warning:bosch +4's

DONOT F'ING USE THEM, I RE-PEAT DO NOT USE THEM, i have seen threads about how they f ur car up, and i had themon my car, i didnt remove them cuz i couldnt find any delcos at a local autozone where i live so i left them on for a whle more, and guess what? problems, i repeat problems, my coils r fucked, i repeat FUCKED, if you have these, take them out ASAP, the car doesnt feels good when its miss firing all the time, the whole car vibrates, and trust me, it vibrates lk hell, i have the TTR tranny mounts, and no way in hell does the feeling feel the same, the mounts make baby vibs compared to the car now, just thought i'd make a official thread to those who keep asking, dont use them, i know alot of people here will agree with me, they will **** our ignition coil up
Old 12-14-2007, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know, I hate the platinums!
Old 12-14-2007, 08:48 PM

ngk bkr73's ftw
Old 12-14-2007, 08:49 PM
Banned

Have them in my cavy. never had a problem. but I never understood the princpal of people buying fancy spark plugs for grocery getters. They are spark plugs, they don't provide a greater benefit for an N/A small displacement non modded or even slighly modded car. Waste of money. Stick to what works. Use what the manufacturer has in there. There is a reason why they have them in there.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:49 PM

i have an extra set of 4 at my house just in case lol
Old 12-14-2007, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by sneaky
Have them in my cavy. never had a problem. but I never understood the princpal of people buying fancy spark plugs for grocery getters. They are spark plugs, they don't provide a greater benefit for an N/A small displacement non modded or even slighly modded car. Waste of money. Stick to what works. Use what the manufacturer has in there. There is a reason why they have them in there.
I noticed better performance with with Autolite iridiums then stock. I noticed worse perfomance with the bosch plainums. That was before I really modded anything.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:15 PM
Jn2

yeah well i threw my stock ones back on, i took it to the dealer, and they were gunna look at it, and alot of this i dontl ike already, on i came in at 7am, i left the car, and went to work(i work donw the street), so when i get out at lunch at 12:30, i waalk, thats right walk,i walk across a highway, across the access road, in all it was a 10 min walk, and when iget there, nothin, they havent even looked at it yet, now this is my only car, i have to work tommorow at 7:15am, i cant afford to wait, so i let them know i need it back same day, i tell them the coils r the problem, and they do nothin, they say they will look at it on monday)2day is friday) im like WTF, i need the car today, and i have a car show this sunday i need to be ready for, not to mention im running at the track while at the show, so i need the car, they do nothin and say monday, im like **** ya'll gimme my car, and i take it and leave, now notice, they know i need a car, they know my car is under warranty, and not once did they offer to get me a rental, which is covered by warranty, not once, not once did they offer me a rental, they knew the check engine light was flashing, they knew it, they know i shouldnt take the car, and they didnt even say a thing, they let me take it, wtf, now i have to take it to a dealership 30miles away that will do it same day, and im pissed, if my car gets the cat clogged, thatds another thignt hat needs to be fixed, for one this is what im planning on doin,
1. im writting a letter to the general manager of the dealership; and
2. im writting a letter to general motors, im gunna explain everything, how they made me wait 4.5hrs, and than ont offer me a rental, after that long a wait, and knowing i needed a car for work, and also after i went back, i told them i needed the car back same day(like i told them iw ould in the morning), they still didnt offer to look at it, and after i told them i needed a car to get hoem in, they didnt offer to shuttle me, they didnt offer me a rental agian, so i had no chouce but to take my car back, and even then, still no rental, so im pissed, and im letting GM know about this, and im giving props to the dealer that will do it same day, and on a satureday they will do it, so i will let GM know that that pontiac dealership treated me way better than the chevy one did, and that servey they will send me in the mail, they can forget about egtting a good reply, i will reply like ****, just like they treated me, im no longer going there

ps. Gm does bitch at dealerships if someone complaign, they give them hell

Last edited by Jn2; 12-14-2007 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-14-2007, 09:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Red2.4SS
I noticed better performance with with Autolite iridiums then stock. I noticed worse perfomance with the bosch plainums. That was before I really modded anything.
Unless the spark plugs are ****, you shouldn't really notice a difference in how a car operates with different plugs. It's all in the mind most of the time. You might not have a hiccup or two every now and then.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:11 AM

not all the time some give off more a spark and produces more power than our stock ones really so its not totally in the mind but yeah you will have some hiccups here and there but very rarely unless the car doesnt mix well with the plugs like hes talkin about and balmung your haviun a shitty day with those plugs werent you **** first the plugs then the coilds then the dealerships haha you got a twofer on that **** thanks for the heads up i will know not to use them now dude!!
Old 12-15-2007, 12:16 AM

balmung how old are you?
Old 12-15-2007, 12:48 AM
Jn2

Originally Posted by SlowBalt_06
balmung how old are you?
im 18 years old, why?
Old 12-15-2007, 12:57 AM

thats why..one your 18 there not going to give you any respect and 2 your not getting a rental cause your under 25
Old 12-15-2007, 01:05 AM
Jn2

not all the time some give off more a spark and produces more power than our stock ones really so its not totally in the mind but yeah you will have some hiccups here and there but very rarely unless the car doesnt mix well with the plugs like hes talkin about and balmung your haviun a shitty day with those plugs werent you **** first the plugs then the coilds then the dealerships haha you got a twofer on that **** thanks for the heads up i will know not to use them now dude!!
yeah my day has been shitty, i was late to work by 30 mins, i got yelled at when i got there(had to go buy the manager a cofee for him to shut up), than i go back to the dealer, guess what car still werei left it, they say monday, im like its the coils, just swap them out, they still say monday, no rental, and i say f ya'll im taking it to pontiac, so i take the car, he dont even care, he tell me to do whati want, i tell him i want it fixed, he still says monday, so i take it to work, i connect the obd2 tot he actron scanner, and come up with 2 codes, and 1 pending, first is the random/multiple cylinder missfires, 2 coolant temp below thermastat regulating tempature, and the pending was another missfire code, so i swap the plug out hoping maybe it was the plugs that were fucked, and not the coils, i swap in some AC delcos, the factory ones, oh by the way the bosch plugs looked like this when i took them out:

if you cant tell in the pic, u see the part at the bottom, the 4 little peg things, well guess what? 2 of the 4 plugs are black, they have like black carbon biuldup inside the pegs, thats what fucked me over, i was to late in switching them, the dmamage was done, so i knce more say this to all cobalt owners, TAKE THEM THE **** OUT!!!! no more which plugs are better bosch or ngk, or denso, or autolite, or any of that ****, do not use bosch, DO NOT USE BOSH, im saying this to help u out, u dont wantt his **** to happend!!!! its so anoying, it interfears with plans, and it makes u feel like **** for what ur making ur car go thru, i seriously feel like **** every time i feel the car virbate like it does, cuz i know its my fault, and i made it go thru what its going thru, i am a car enthusiast, i love my car, and im saying this to save ya'll from going thru this, bosche=BAD

thats why..one your 18 there not going to give you any respect and 2 your not getting a rental cause your under 25
well that solves the rental thing, but respect, i deserve that, i am a customer with a car that still has warranty, i might be 18 but ****, i pay my bill just as quick as everyone else does, i have missed only one payment since i've had the car, and thats cuz they held my check at work until i turned in my uniform at one of my old jobs, i dont see how they will treat me inferior, thats nt right, and i will complaign, i dont give a **** about that dealer now, not one bit, im not going there no more, i was very nice and honest with them when they wre there, i talked to them with respect, they asked, what have u done to the car, i said, cai, tranny mounts, lsj header, lsj dp, lsj catback, they said the lsj stuff was cool since its GM, and they didnt mind the intake or the mounts, so i was honest, i was nice, i was respectful, as i expected them to be to me, but **** instead im made ot eait hours, when i was the first one there that day, i was there minutes after the opened

Last edited by Jn2; 12-15-2007 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-15-2007, 01:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yup, had the same thing happen to me.

The dealer replaced my coil pack for 100 bucks and charged me 300 dollars for 15 mins of labor.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:09 AM

jesus reading these posts made my head hurt...

you expect them to rush to service your vehicle because you have a show, and because you are going to race the car at the track? racing at the track VOIDS your warranty. they are in no way obligated to work on your car. other customers are there ahead of you. now if this is a recurring problem that they can't fix after 1 or 2 times then you can demand they do the work quickly and fix it properly. dropping it off and telling a tech what the problem is and demanding a fix in under 8 hours is ridiculous. maybe, just maybe they didn't have the replacements parts in stock?
Old 12-15-2007, 01:13 AM

wow those suck booty sorry to hear that i would send a complaint to bosch and tell them what happen to your car and tell them it was there fault
Old 12-15-2007, 01:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CJ BadBlackSS
jesus reading these posts made my head hurt...

you expect them to rush to service your vehicle because you have a show, and because you are going to race the car at the track? racing at the track VOIDS your warranty. they are in no way obligated to work on your car. other customers are there ahead of you. now if this is a recurring problem that they can't fix after 1 or 2 times then you can demand they do the work quickly and fix it properly. dropping it off and telling a tech what the problem is and demanding a fix in under 8 hours is ridiculous. maybe, just maybe they didn't have the replacements parts in stock?
It took them like 15 minutes to fix my car...
Old 12-15-2007, 01:21 AM

I used the platinums on another car and didn't like them either. They ran fine for like 10K miles then went to ****. I had to regap my iridiums after about 15k cause the idle was getting rough and that helped it. I think I might need a new fuel filter to now.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:24 AM

myspace.com/jvcougar

**** THAT THEN I'M NOT BUYING THOSE
I WAS PLANNING ON BUYING SUM NGK's >=]
Old 12-15-2007, 01:25 AM
Jn2

no one was ahead of me, i was there b4 anyone else was, i was there minutes after they opened, and i didnt demand them, they asked, do u need the car back today, i said yes, they ok, and than they tell me they wont touch it until monday, note, they tell me this after 4 1/2 hours, and i know it dont take that long to replace it, and one more thing, i called a pontiac dealership, guess what they said, they said to bring it to them first thing tommorow morning and they will fix it, all under warranty, same day, so im heading over there at 6:30 in the monring, cuz the tech will meet me there at 8, and the place is 30 miles away, so im having to drive a pretty dam long distance b/c my local dealer didnt wanna do it in a timely manner
Old 12-15-2007, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by HackAbuse
It took them like 15 minutes to fix my car...
ok...thats your dealership...

i am sure teh attitude with which he approached the service people may have led to the lack of service too.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:32 AM
Jn2

i had no atitude, seriously, i went in nicely, i gave them no hell, i was nice and calm and worried, even when i took it back i never raised my voice, im not lying, i just todl them that i needed the car back today, and they said to wait ti'll monday, im cool with that dealer, or was, my buddy work there in parts and serveces, so i go there alot, they all know me there, so when they aid ot wait, i saidi couldnt and that i'd be taking it back, they said ok, and let me go, i was in no way an ass

i just didnt like how they put me aside, when i was the first customer there

Last edited by Jn2; 12-15-2007 at 01:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-15-2007, 01:34 AM

yeah i can't keep reading this stuff...trying to decipher is making my brain hurt.

gl with the problem.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:49 AM
Jn2

sorry, im typing alot, and i have a cut on the tip of my index fingr, so im typping pretty funny, sorry.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:28 AM

Just because YOU were there first thing in the morning, apparently to your self before anyone else, who is to say that they didn't have a full schedule for that day?

I've gone into my dealership before hoping they could get my car done that day, but as I stand right in front of them and look at their full schedule, I shut my mouth and take my lumps.

In that case it was the A/C compressor, they had to wait for it to come in so the tech removed the A/C clutch so I could keep driving it without noise. When it came in they called me and I made an appointment(the reason you may not have been the first in line). I took the car in and waited, also watched the tech from across the floor(behind the yellow line). Took about an hour.

Anyway, just saying, you may think you were in there first, but they may have had appointment for other people.