2.4L LE5 Performance Tech 16 valve 171 hp EcoTec with 163 lb-ft of torque

2.4L ZZP turbo kit sneak pic...

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 01:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fischer
That is what I was afraid of. I have an 08.

When will HPTuners be able to work on 08+
probably never.. unfortunely.. but thats why there's trifecta and efi live and ls2 edit
Old 08-26-2009, 01:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by _UnLiMiTeD_
I personally wouldnt want you as a customer, you whine too much. Hahn never even comes on here and shows any info on their turbo kits, or shows their testing of them; never comes on to anwser questions for people yet you bitch if ZZP has missed a few questions out of the hundreds they get on here.

Grow up

Like i said, i dare you to make a thread and ask hahn to show all their testing results and anwser all your questions on here, go ahead, try it. Funny how its fine if hahn wont jump through hoops on here but ZZP must to get your business.

So go ahead, pay more money and get less performance from hahn, see if they lose any sleep at night over it.
Grow up? Here's one for you idiot. Get a clue.

Jumping through hoops? LOL what planet are you living on buddy? I asked QUESTIONS. MAN! That's asking A LOT! Didn't mean to overburden their day! I BROKE A SWEAT! WHEW!

Also they didn't "miss" a couple questions... he blatently stated he purposely didn't reply to them.

Anyways like I said I'm just emailing. So you can keep you can keep your dumb **** opinion to yourself and get ZZP's **** out of your mouth because honestly I don't care what you think or what dumb comparisons you have to Hahn because I'm not asking questions about a Hahn product. I'm pretty sure I understand fully the details of their kit and it's been well tested and recieved much feedback. I'm interested in detail on THIS kit.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by BigEMU1

Jumping through hoops? LOL what planet are you living on buddy? I asked QUESTIONS. .................................................. ...
just stop fillin this with nonsense..

im not a mod but..

send the rest to the PM's... and can all the yackka yackka useless stuff be deleted from this thread?
Old 08-26-2009, 11:09 AM

Jumping through hoops? LOL what planet are you living on buddy? I asked QUESTIONS. MAN! That's asking A LOT! Didn't mean to overburden their day! I BROKE A SWEAT! WHEW!

Also they didn't "miss" a couple questions... he blatently stated he purposely didn't reply to them.

Anyways like I said I'm just emailing. So you can keep you can keep your dumb **** opinion to yourself and get ZZP's **** out of your mouth because honestly I don't care what you think or what dumb comparisons you have to Hahn because I'm not asking questions about a Hahn product. I'm pretty sure I understand fully the details of their kit and it's been well tested and recieved much feedback. I'm interested in detail on THIS kit.
ok if you're going to continue being an ass.. i'm going to point something out for you..

their is no hahn 2.4 kit that has been tested... there is an alpine developments kit that hahn put on a 2.4 and added a fueling / tuning setup and added about 1k to the price tag.. and that alpine kit is no longer in production..

hahn is in the process of developing a new 2.4 kit from what i understand but i haven't heard any info on that recently... it's probably just using their 2.0 turbo kit and slapping it on the 2.4
Old 08-26-2009, 04:28 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by elecblue06
ok if you're going to continue being an ass.. i'm going to point something out for you..

their is no hahn 2.4 kit that has been tested... there is an alpine developments kit that hahn put on a 2.4 and added a fueling / tuning setup and added about 1k to the price tag.. and that alpine kit is no longer in production..

hahn is in the process of developing a new 2.4 kit from what i understand but i haven't heard any info on that recently... it's probably just using their 2.0 turbo kit and slapping it on the 2.4
my turn?
im pretty sure the "alpine development" kit was actually the same garrett alpha kit for the L61, only Hahn made their own tune so it would work for the 2.4. Both kits use the same display picture anyway, and im pretty sure theyre both advertised as using the same gt2860
Old 08-26-2009, 07:33 PM

Alpine was a totally different kit that I almost bought back in 07 but I didnt like the setup very much. they were using a borg warner turbo and an extra fuel injector at the throttle body on the alpine setup that is no longer available.

The hahn kit is the garrett 2.2 kit with a return fuel system and rising rate fuel pressure regulator and their base tune.

Hopefully this clears some things up.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:35 PM

which part of the alpine kit didnt u like? just wondering.... i rly like the borg warner turbos lately (which is the same used in the zzp kit, which is pretty funny)
Old 08-26-2009, 07:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by wollis1
which part of the alpine kit didnt u like? just wondering.... i rly like the borg warner turbos lately (which is the same used in the zzp kit, which is pretty funny)
they used a single 5th injector to spray directly into the TB (IIRC), which made a LOT of fuel management issues arise. I rmemember for a long time there was an issue with the 5th injector going static for a second or two upon startup, which would flood the engine. the turbo was fine.

Really, it was just that no one had a tune for our cars yet, so their kit used a 5th injector and a piggy back(SMT-6 i think?), and no one liked that. they later switched to the smt-8, but tuning was released for us soon after
Old 08-26-2009, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by HunterKiller89
my turn?
im pretty sure the "alpine development" kit was actually the same garrett alpha kit for the L61, only Hahn made their own tune so it would work for the 2.4. Both kits use the same display picture anyway, and im pretty sure theyre both advertised as using the same gt2860
oops yea my bad thats what i ment lol the garrett kit.. the garrett kit > alpine kit..
Old 08-27-2009, 02:46 AM

How is defending myself being an ass?

Still very confused on how this has become a discussion on Hahn (or garrett, or alpine...).

My questions were still in regards to this kit, which would obviously be the point of even posting in this thread. That's really all I have to (re)add.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:28 PM

Does anyone with a 2.2 have this kit?
Old 09-22-2009, 09:03 PM

How is defending myself being an ass?

Still very confused on how this has become a discussion on Hahn (or garrett, or alpine...).

My questions were still in regards to this kit, which would obviously be the point of even posting in this thread. That's really all I have to (re)add.
Because your whining like a bitch that they wont anwser your questions on a damn forum, like i said, go ahead and make a forum post for hahn and see if they anwser them for you.

They have a phone for a reason, try calling.