Adding a supercharger/turbo???

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 05:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yo yo yo grahm cracka get an srt4
Old 07-16-2007, 07:21 PM

ok so i might be new to the fourms but this is the first topic that i read and i think you guys are a bunch of dicks if the boy wants to turbo or supercharge his car then let him because if i was him i would do it anyway and he also dont have to worrie about his warranty because G.M. offers a supercharger kit for the 2.4l cobalt that you can have installed by the the dealership that you baught your car from without voiding any part of your warranty but you have to make sure it is ok with the company that you have your warranty through but your dealership should be able to tell you wether your warranty provider will allow the modification of your engine or not. and i do believe that they are just pissed off because they know that if you supercharge your 2.4 you'll be waxing ss/sc's like there nothing even with the stage 2 upgrade because the stock 2.0 ss/sc only pushes 205 and the STOCK ss 2.4l already pushes out 171 if you were to add a supercharger to the car and run it under stock psi at about 8 you should be getting around 211 to the wheels if you have the car tuned properly up to 18 psi you sould have any were from 240 to 275 minimum to the wheels all you have left to do after that is intake and exhaust G.M. offers an aftermarket exhaust kit to have installed for around $800 the supercharger kit is around another $4000
I have the supercharger kit installed on my stock nothing aftermarket sept G.M.'s exhaust kit automatic 07 2.4l running at about 13 psi and i raced a ss/sc stage 2 and pulled cars on him
And thats all that i have to say thank you uh huh
Old 07-16-2007, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by kermit5327
ok so i might be new to the fourms but this is the first topic that i read and i think you guys are a bunch of dicks
Wow, What an entrance.

Do some research, I was being extremely nice and tactful.

What was said was the truth.

You want to see "Dick", keep up this line of posting, Dicks will be all over you.

Your suggestion is rather weak.

Oh, P.S. Your the dudes Idiot Mechanic aren't you... The World Is So Transparent!
Old 07-16-2007, 08:23 PM

ok so i might be new to the fourms but this is the first topic that i read and i think you guys are a bunch of dicks if the boy wants to turbo or supercharge his car then let him because if i was him i would do it anyway and he also dont have to worrie about his warranty because G.M. offers a supercharger kit for the 2.4l cobalt that you can have installed by the the dealership that you baught your car from without voiding any part of your warranty but you have to make sure it is ok with the company that you have your warranty through but your dealership should be able to tell you wether your warranty provider will allow the modification of your engine or not. and i do believe that they are just pissed off because they know that if you supercharge your 2.4 you'll be waxing ss/sc's like there nothing even with the stage 2 upgrade because the stock 2.0 ss/sc only pushes 205 and the STOCK ss 2.4l already pushes out 171 if you were to add a supercharger to the car and run it under stock psi at about 8 you should be getting around 211 to the wheels if you have the car tuned properly up to 18 psi you sould have any were from 240 to 275 minimum to the wheels all you have left to do after that is intake and exhaust G.M. offers an aftermarket exhaust kit to have installed for around $800 the supercharger kit is around another $4000
I have the supercharger kit installed on my stock nothing aftermarket sept G.M.'s exhaust kit automatic 07 2.4l running at about 13 psi and i raced a ss/sc stage 2 and pulled cars on him

Welcome to the forums!!
Old 07-16-2007, 08:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
being 17 and leasing a 07 cobalt ss, i would say get a 2.2 or 2.4. everyday i wish i had a ss/sc but then i rellieze at this age i dont want to work 80+ hours every 2 weeks and be working totaly for my car.

dont get me wrong i love the ss/sc and if i can get in one for the lease on my 2.4 i would in a heartbeat, but to pay an extra 70 dollars a month is to much at this age hell im still having a hard time making it paycheck to paycheck with insurence+gas+car payment and have mabye 100 bucks left over for savings and partying...so take my advise..everytime u drive by a ss/sc in your 2.2 or 2.4 your gonna wish u could trade in your car for one, but if you get a ss/sc your payments will be hard to make and you will be working for your car when you should be partying and picking up ladies.

P.S get a high rise spoiler/SS/SC Springs and 18's and your car will pick up ladies asmuch as a ss/sc would
Old 07-16-2007, 08:29 PM

2.4 SS's are slow, lawlz
Old 07-16-2007, 08:57 PM

Wow, What an entrance.

Do some research, I was being extremely nice and tactful.

What was said was the truth.

You want to see "Dick", keep up this line of posting, Dicks will be all over you.

Your suggestion is rather weak.

Oh, P.S. Your the dudes Idiot Mechanic aren't you... The World Is So Transparent!
wow ok so whats so weak about my suggestion the fact the i have it done to me car and i still have it done to my car with out having to do any rebuilds on it and the fact that i know how to drive with out blowing my motor and having to rebuild it once a year the fact that i have the money to do the work to the car and the fact that i can put 5k into my car and roll next to a twin supra dont get pissed just because i know what im talking about. and no im not his mechanic but i would be more than glad to be and the funny thing is is that like i said your just pissed becasue im right and your pos couldnt keep up if it tried maybe if you spiked about 40 pounds of boost and blew your motor but thats about all you got

and i do believe that the fourms are for cobalts and i also belive that when i looked at your profile it didnt say anything about you owning a cobalt so were do you get off running your mouth about them

Last edited by kermit5327; 07-16-2007 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-16-2007, 09:58 PM

huh since when has GM had a SC kit that doesn't void your warranty?

also 2.4 175 crank HP

ss/sc 195-225 WHP... big difference but...

i'm just as big of a fan of SCing a 2.4... hell look at my sig.. but don't be a douch man... you're an idiot if you think coming in here with that persona is going to get yuo anything but banned/ flamed.. no one is saying he shouldn't do it... rather that he shouldn't do it without knowing what he's doing...

kermit.. lets see some pics of you "gm 2.4 warrantied sc" also care to explain how no one else knows about this... and this one for me is really post pics/vid and such like that or ban... you don't enter that way... treat people with respect... if you can't ... gtfo ... and i'm being nice about this... most people wouldn't respond as calmly

ps if you're getting 211 hp at the wheels at 8 psi you're sure as hell going to be getting more than 275 whp at 18psi unless the blower you're using is horribly inefficient or you're over spinning it... considering a stage 2 ss/sc pushes 15psi and 240WHP... I know psi has nothing to do with hp... but you should be hitting almost 300 WHP at 18psi... unless you're producing a crap ton of heat
Old 07-16-2007, 10:02 PM

**** i would get a used srt-4 neday before a 2.4 ss.. its a high compression motor, turbo= out.. u want real power with less money and work srt-4, they just dont look as good as the balts
Old 07-16-2007, 10:05 PM

Gm maKES a supercharged kit for a 2.4L cobalt ss?
Old 07-16-2007, 10:10 PM

yes GM makes a supercharger kit, its sold exclusively on the 2.0 LSJ.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:13 PM

but the guy said he put it on the 2.4/ss auto he said
Old 07-16-2007, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by IonNinja
yes GM makes a supercharger kit, its sold exclusively on the 2.0 LSJ.
yea.. there's the m62... and the 2.4 l vibe m45??

http://tunersource.gmblogs.com/Acces...-supercharger/
http://tunersource.gmblogs.com/Acces...-supercharger/
http://tunersource.gmblogs.com/Acces...charger-kit-1/

none of those... will work with the ss/na.. at least not under warranty

if one of those works screw procharger i'll keep my warranty

Last edited by elecblue06; 07-16-2007 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-16-2007, 10:56 PM

wow ok so whats so weak about my suggestion the fact the i have it done to me car and i still have it done to my car with out having to do any rebuilds on it and the fact that i know how to drive with out blowing my motor and having to rebuild it once a year the fact that i have the money to do the work to the car and the fact that i can put 5k into my car and roll next to a twin supra dont get pissed just because i know what im talking about. and no im not his mechanic but i would be more than glad to be and the funny thing is is that like i said your just pissed becasue im right and your pos couldnt keep up if it tried maybe if you spiked about 40 pounds of boost and blew your motor but thats about all you got

and i do believe that the fourms are for cobalts and i also belive that when i looked at your profile it didnt say anything about you owning a cobalt so were do you get off running your mouth about them
Well, It appears that you have seen my Video and Cardomain.

Good for you, You probably learned more in 6 Min of my video than you knew about cars from since you were 3 years old.

Reference me being pissed about you being correct, you are wrong about three things..

1. That you are correct.
2. That I am remotely concerned with you and your weakness.
3. That anyone cares what you say, Period.

If you were smart, you would have not bothered to reply. So I will assume that you are not.

L8R Weakness.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:24 AM

well GMPP has had a sc kit out since 2000 and i spoke Someone at GM and they told me that and i quote " if you want to up grade your car in any way you call up here and speak with us as long as the parts are GMPP and installed by a GM dealership then your warranty will not be void in any way" GMPP has offered a sc kit for the 2.2l ecotec since 2000-2002 and now they offer the sc kit for the 2.0, 2.2, 2.4 and they also have a sc kit for the pontiac GTP i do believe that they come stock with a sc kit and so do the cobalt ss/sc and they also offer an sc northstar correct me if i am wrong. They told me that since i bought my sc kit from them and had it installed by a gm dealer my warranty is not void

elecblue if you call to gm or your dealer and talk to them they will be able to give you more info on the supercharger kit for the 2.4l if you are really worried about your warranty then yes i would go with GMPP but if its not that big of a deal then i would deff go with a procharger kit because it has been shown that they give 100-125% hp increase i do believe im not to sure on the procharger kit i may be wrong but i am sure that you can put a sc on your 2.4 and still have your warranty as long as it is bought and installed by a GM dealer

Last edited by kermit5327; 07-17-2007 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-17-2007, 12:27 AM

well GMPP has had a sc kit out since 2000 and i spoke Someone at GM and they told me that and i quote " if you want to up grade your car in any way you call up here and speak with us as long as the parts are GMPP and installed by a GM dealership then your warranty will not be void in any way" GMPP has offered a sc kit for the 2.2l ecotec since 2000-2002 and now they offer the sc kit for the 2.0, 2.2, 2.4 and they also have a sc kit for the pontiac GTP i do believe that they come stock with a sc kit and so do the cobalt ss/sc and they also offer an sc northstar correct me if i am wrong. They told me that since i bought my sc kit from them and had it installed by a gm dealer my warranty is not void

elecblue if you call to gm or your dealer and talk to them they will be able to give you more info on the supercharger kit for the 2.4l if you are really worried about your warranty then yes i would go with GMPP but if its not that big of a deal then i would deff go with a procharger kit because it has been shown that they give 100-125% hp increase i do believe im not to sure on the procharger kit i may be wrong but i am sure that you can put a sc on your 2.4 and still have your warranty as long as it is bought and installed by a GM dealer
oh boy this is going to be like the stage 3 arguement i think you better put your flame suit on
Old 07-17-2007, 12:44 AM

i mite be wrong but i think your thinking of the cav 2.4 supercharger kits, and those do not work on 2.4 cobalts if im not mistaken
Old 07-17-2007, 12:44 AM

whats up with the stage 3 arguement
Old 07-17-2007, 12:45 AM

thats what i was thinking untill i spoke with gm
Old 07-17-2007, 01:16 AM

stage 3 was a, it's warrantied it's not warrantied arguement... personally I don't think it is... it wasn't made for the car, also the cavi kit was for the 2.2, I know it can physically work for the 2.2-2.4-2.0 ecotecs but i'm pretty sure they wont like it on there
Old 07-17-2007, 06:35 AM

Yeah, I can totally see it now..

"I'll take one Supercharger for my 2.4L SS Please"

"Roger That, Ummm, Sorry sir We don't Have one for that car.."

"Well, Can you install anything from a Cavalier or Pinto that will line up. The one that has no ECU Program or Flash designed for it, TRY The TRD Celica SC Kit, It's nice looking. PS Will You still give me a warranty?"

"Sure, Anything You Want"

"Can I Get That In Writing?"

"No Need, You Can Trust Us, We are All Custom Hot Rod Mechanics, We can do anything that has a How To in the GM Service Manual, And it has the TRD Celica on the 2.4L SS Chapter right here, See."

F O R F U C K S A K E S
Old 07-17-2007, 11:17 AM

lol @ supercharger rumors that are like 5 years old.

there are no GM supercharger kits for the Cobalt or Ion
Old 07-17-2007, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by IonNinja
lol @ supercharger rumors that are like 5 years old.

there are no GM supercharger kits for the Cobalt or Ion
exactly
Old 07-17-2007, 01:19 PM

Call Gm
Old 07-17-2007, 06:25 PM

theres no need to this is very old news...people have been saying this since the build book showed the 2.2 with the supercharger.

Quick Reply: Adding a supercharger/turbo???