2.4L LE5 Performance Tech 16 valve 171 hp EcoTec with 163 lb-ft of torque

Hahn RaceCraft 2.4 Cobalt TurboSystem

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know the system isn't quite out yet or maybe it is, but will there be stage upgrades?
Old 06-12-2007, 09:18 PM

that i am not sure of, on their site there are stage upgrades but for this with the auto tranny i am not sure.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:34 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Saintcyanide
I know the system isn't quite out yet or maybe it is, but will there be stage upgrades?
We plan to move carefully in this respect. Once we are comfortable with the automatic transmission's ability to handle more power, we will examine the potential.

Originally Posted by DarkSergeant
NEWS NEWS NEWS - I WANT SOME!!

Will Bill go to the track tomorrow?

Will financing be available to boost sales??

Will the Hahn turbosystem for the 2.4 actually be available THIS MONTH??!?!
Yep, to the track we go, and it will be available this month. Sit tight on that financing question!

Last edited by Hahn RaceCraft; 06-12-2007 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-12-2007, 10:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by EcoBoost
We plan to move carefully in this respect. Once we are comfortable with the automatic transmission's ability to handle more power, we will examine the potential.

Yep, to the track we go, and it will be available this month. Sit tight on that financing question!
you guys havnt ran it on the track yet wow. im guessing 13s easily. hopefully its a nice day and that auto im sure will run great. no missed gears an all. yeah i think maybe for the manual 2.4s it might be available to have stage upgrades for it but will see all in good time gosh guys the thing aint even out yet and your already kyboshing it lol. i dont even have my 4k ready gees slow down. lol

ryan.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:48 PM

yea im excited they deff. have a great turbo system here, that im sure all 2.4s will love.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:58 AM

hey i hate to rain on anyones parade i also have a ss 2.4 and want some real power out of but i belive this engine is runing around a 10.1 compression now what is 9-10 psi gonna do to the average 2.4? for those that have never played with boost. is the head gasket, head bolts, valve seats, pistons, conecting rods and bearings and every thing else that was desinged for 10.1 compression ratio hold up

p.s. my last msg i left out ya i will be getting one!! (once i know when/where you can get low compression engine parts)

Last edited by ssnonsc; 06-13-2007 at 03:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-13-2007, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by ssnonsc
hey i hate to rain on anyones parade i also have a ss 2.4 and want some real power out of but i belive this engine is runing around a 10.1 compression now what is 9-10 psi gonna do to the average 2.4? for those that have never played with boost. is the head gasket, head bolts, valve seats, pistons, conecting rods and bearings and every thing else that was desinged for 10.1 compression ratio hold up

p.s. my last msg i left out ya i will be getting one!! (once i know when/where you can get low compression engine parts)
PM me for details on 8.8:1 forged pistons made by Wiseco.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by ssnonsc

didnt you read kid this is a plug and play system, no need to replace anything... if u wanna run more boost, yes your going to need to upgrade some internals.. but no need at 10psi
Old 06-13-2007, 08:16 AM

actually i dont think the staged upgrades for the solstice make you change internals yet so its just more tuning and more parts to up the boost a little, our only thing is seeing how this auto tranny holds up to more boost. the engine can handle it though.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:18 AM

yea thats basicly what i was thinking, but i didnt wanna say anything but i know for sure this kit is completely fine
Old 06-13-2007, 09:01 AM
Former Vendor

Piston replacements not needed!

Originally Posted by PpAzZ1101
PM me for details on 8.8:1 forged pistons made by Wiseco.
Just a clarification: as others have noted here, we've made some fabulous power with this engine in stock form. I want to assure that no one gets the mistaken impression that piston replacement is a requirement at these boost and power levels.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:41 AM

^^^ Bingo. You won't need them until higher boost levels than you'll be running with this kit. There's a lot of useful information on what the 2.4L Ecotec can handle stock over on the Solstice forums. A lot of those guys have been running up to 10psi or more on stock internals for a while now. If you're going to spend money right now, spend it on your transmission.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:01 AM

Will there be financing? (lol Joking)

Here's my two questions, (and yes I DID read all 16 pages.)

You said it's NOT a locked tune , per se, because you'll be able to adjust the air/fuel ratios to suit your climate and elevation; but will the flash tune be able to be tweaked or adjusted with HPTuners should some zealous SS/NA owner want to take your kit and use some alternate parts (I.E. Larger fuel injectors, custom intake, etc.)

What would YOUR business, (or supporting shops) typically charge for the install of this kit, and what do you think that a normal(unaffiliated) tuner shop would charge for this?
Old 06-13-2007, 10:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by monkeiboy
Will there be financing? (lol Joking)

You said it's NOT a locked tune , per se, because you'll be able to adjust the air/fuel ratios to suit your climate and elevation; but will the flash tune be able to be tweaked or adjusted with HPTuners should some zealous SS/NA owner want to take your kit and use some alternate parts (I.E. Larger fuel injectors, custom intake, etc.)

What would YOUR business, (or supporting shops) typically charge for the install of this kit, and what do you think that a normal(unaffiliated) tuner shop would charge for this?
why dont you just call a company and ask say i have a complete turbo kit for a cobalt ss and needs installed how much to do it.

ryan.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:15 AM

because I want to know what the price difference will be. Obviously HAHN will know what his businesses will charge for install, and I'm guessing that they would have a pretty good idea what they would typically charge if someone brought in a competitors turbo kit and asked them to do the install.
Just trying to save the extra step of me actually calling.

Plus alot of the shops in this area would probably sound like this.
"Generic Brand Racing Shop, this is Jerry........Yeah......You have a turbo kit for what?.......What's a Cobalt? Is that like a mustang?.....uh huh....Chevy.......Install price?....uh huh......You have the full kit already?...What kind of engine is in the Crowbalk?....Cobalt, right.......2.4L 4 CYLINDER!!!.......What's VVT?......uh huh.......We typically don't work on such small engines, have you tried calling a lawnmower repair shop?"
Old 06-13-2007, 10:19 AM
Banned

because I want to know what the price difference will be. Obviously HAHN will know what his businesses will charge for install, and I'm guessing that they would have a pretty good idea what they would typically charge if someone brought in a competitors turbo kit and asked them to do the install.
Just trying to save the extra step of me actually calling.

"Generic Brand Racing Shop, this is Jerry........Yeah......You have a turbo kit for what?.......What's a Cobalt? Is that like a mustang?.....uh huh....Chevy.......Install price?....uh huh......You have the full kit already?...What kind of engine is in the Crowbalk?....Cobalt, right.......2.4L 4 CYLINDER!!!.......What's VVT?......uh huh.......We typically don't work on such small engines, have you tried calling a lawnmower repair shop?"
lol yeah i guess maybe less then a 1k i dont know.

ryan.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:50 AM
Former Vendor

Correct. Fine tuning will allow quite a bit of customization with BoostFueler and our stacked approach. The flash portion will be locked, as this is the only way we can keep our proprietary tune from being pirated. However, there's always room for discussion and customer service to suit specific needs as they arise. Once a customer has thrown down with us, we don't leave them hanging should they have a reasonable need down the road.

And..we won't stop here...as ALL of our previous Ecotec exploits have shown, we'll support higher power levels as time goes on, so going farther won't be a problem!

Typically, we'd charge $900-$1000 for this installation. We are adamant about dyno testing before and after, so that's included in the price. Any enterprising shop that would like to set their own install price can do so based on our estimated install time of 10 hours.

now THAT's funny! Mostly because it's so true...with all due respect to the Jerry's of this world, we don't get much lovin sometimes.

Should a prospective customer wish to find an installer who WON'T treat them like a red-headed ricer, we have a dealer network 63 strong that understand these cars and can hook you up with someone in your area. Just PM me for a referral

Last edited by Hahn RaceCraft; 06-13-2007 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-13-2007, 11:02 AM

i really wish i knew if this kit would work on teh ion, i realize the tune/flash would be different, but DAMNIT!!! i want a turbo kit and would love to REP for hahn...

id buy it the day it came out if i knew it would even be close to fitting....
Old 06-13-2007, 12:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EcoBoost
now THAT's funny! Mostly because it's so true...with all due respect to the Jerry's of this world, we don't get much lovin sometimes.

Should a prospective customer wish to find an installer who WON'T treat them like a red-headed ricer, we have a dealer network 63 strong that understand these cars and can hook you up with someone in your area. Just PM me for a referral
unfortunately it's way too true.. i went to a shop about getting a procharger kit. and the guy said well it's going to be like 10-12K because it's a totally custom job... then he proceeded to ask me why i didn't buy a red line. then i told him because a procharged 2.4 will walk a red line... and he was like but it would've been cheaper. and i just said ... no you're just ridiculously overpriced, his response was ."well we don't really know the platform, because we're used to working on V8's and things of that nature." and I said and that warrants that price tag how? and he said well i don't know if you're aware but labor is 100$ an hour.. like i was some ignorant kid... and I said yes so even if you're pricing the kit out at 5K which is ridiculously overpriced there's no way it's going to take 50+ hours to install man...

shops suck... especially if you're a younger kid in a nicer car.. they just treat you like you're ignorant and you're parents bought the car for you...
Old 06-13-2007, 12:38 PM
Banned

yup i agree lol.

ryan.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:02 PM

Ok Bill, I only have 1 question, ok maybe 2, 1. Will you ship to Canada? and 2. Will the turbo kit come with decals to stick on my car so I can represent the coolest shop around?
Old 06-13-2007, 07:02 PM

oh man I can't wait for the results from the track
Old 06-13-2007, 07:37 PM

when do they hit the track? tonight?
Old 06-13-2007, 10:05 PM

Yes they said they were going today/ tonight so maybe we will find out later or in the morning.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:20 PM

Everyone is saying the limiting factor is the auto transmission or parts of it speculating that it may handle 230 torque.Any idea what the limit for the standard (manual)trans would be .Anyone?

Quick Reply: Hahn RaceCraft 2.4 Cobalt TurboSystem