2.4L LE5 Performance Tech 16 valve 171 hp EcoTec with 163 lb-ft of torque

... My Build... Muhahahahahha

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 10:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
haha i was waiting on the other vidz to be sent to me .. i'll post them up tomorrow .. i have one of me driivng around a bit

and jer my pod seems to fit good.. send me some pics so i can see what you mean

Last edited by elecblue06; 05-28-2009 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-29-2009, 12:47 AM
Jn2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
nice vids...
Old 05-29-2009, 09:31 AM

more vidz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu5MP...e=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoVMS...eature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGrcu...eature=channel

word yes there are 3 people in the car aside form me and yes i did a ricer flyby .. i was hoping to pull the guy to race lol

i apologize for the sound on the youtube ones.. they're cell phone vidz cuz my camera was dieing.. I have one more from my camera but i need bateries so i can uploadit lol i'll get some tests of the launch control when i hit the track lol or on a warm day so i have a chance at hoooking lol.. the rt 615's are great tires but they hook MUCH better when warm lol

Last edited by elecblue06; 05-29-2009 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-29-2009, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by elecblue06
hehe .. you'd think so.. i'm running falkrt 615s lol 225s they're pretty sticky.. not 245 wide.. but i wanted to keep the speedo right lol i didnt spin AT ALL with these tires on NA lol . when you add 60 -100 hp though it kinda changes things lol
Trifecta should be able to adjust your speedo.

yea i'm going to see how much i can get out of this pulley with some more work then i'll be dropping to a 2.95 when i get a clutch
What size pulley where you running on the dyno?

the rt 615's are great tires but they hook MUCH better when warm lol
Are these the Falken Azenis RT-615s? I was thinking about picking them up. I need sticker tires...
Old 05-30-2009, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by ebristol
Trifecta should be able to adjust your speedo.

What size pulley where you running on the dyno?

Are these the Falken Azenis RT-615s? I was thinking about picking them up. I need sticker tires...

1. yea he can adjust my speedo but i didn't think about that when purchasing the tires lol i'll keep it in mind for next time lol

2. 3.2 pulley on the dyno and still on the car ( i'm going to need a clutch before i go any crazier )

3. yup they're rt-615s they're amazing when they're warm.. when they're cold.. well .. not so much lol .. they still hold the road pretty well but i can spin them pretty easy..
Old 05-30-2009, 02:39 PM

3. yup they're rt-615s they're amazing when they're warm.. when they're cold.. well .. not so much lol .. they still hold the road pretty well but i can spin them pretty easy..
What other tires have you used? How do they compare?

I am seriously considering buying them for my Auto-X tires. Right now I am running the stock lops from the RL.

I also need to replace two Goodyear Eagle F1s on my "Fo Sho" wheels. I am thinking about getting some rt-615s for those also since they are not that expensive.
Old 05-30-2009, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by ebristol
What other tires have you used? How do they compare?

I am seriously considering buying them for my Auto-X tires. Right now I am running the stock lops from the RL.

I also need to replace two Goodyear Eagle F1s on my "Fo Sho" wheels. I am thinking about getting some rt-615s for those also since they are not that expensive.
i ran stock shitty hancock tires.. falken 912s all seasons which weren't good enough in the snow to me warrant buying all seasons again lol so i figured the 615s would do .. these handle the best out of all the tires i've used in rain and dry by far... but only when they're warm... when they're cold... they're around the same as the 912s
Old 05-30-2009, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice Vids!!! The setup is awesome!!!
Old 05-30-2009, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by b_faulk75
Nice Vids!!! The setup is awesome!!!
i luffz it .. i want to get a 3" catback and hit a dyno jet so i can dyno on what most other people dyno on lol .. yea i'll probably get higher numbers but thats ok ... i got the realistic numbers down.. lets go for inflated numbers like most other people...

either that or i'll hit the mustang dyno paul used for a while and put down 440 whp on

but i need some more mods before i spend the money on it .. i'm thinking 3" catback and some cam timing changes via tuning .. from some discussion with some peoples that would be the best for me as i could get a mini cam since there will not be a great grind / easy grind for my car due to how it delivers power.. having a cam deliver power from 2500 - 7500 is going to be hard to come by ... but with the stock cams and some finagling it might be able to be worked out lol

i'm hoping with those extras I can put up a 275 whp number .. hell with my setup right now on a dyno jet i might be able to pull off close to that... a 200 rpm increase got me 5 whp so even if the 400 rpm increase i did only gives me 5 more peak i'd be at 257 on the same dyno... the 3" catback over the 2.25 i'm running now should definitely help out too then the cam tuning will more be to extend the power band lower so i get more power at 2-3 k since right now power starts in at like 3500 i start getting 1 psi at like 3000 so a little grunt down low would help out a bit we'll see though.. my torque will probably only be like 220 wtrq after all taht though lol but oh wells
Old 05-30-2009, 10:31 PM

Well it seems to be coming along nicely, the problem is we are never satisfied, it's all about more, more, more, lol....

I think 275 is realistic with the mods your describing. I'm curious as to why the torque numbers are not higher on this setup. I just figured the procharger would put up some nice torque numbers, especially on the 2.4L. It seems like it pulls pretty hard from the vids. Hope it keeps getting better for you.

I don't think i am going to make gmnationals, i am kinda bummed i was looking forward to that show, but i have something going on and don't think i will be able to make it...

I'm getting mine dialed in finally, i've had alot of issues with lean trims and my idle was all screwwyy. But i think vince has that taken care of, i'm planning on having the rear section of my exhaust done this week, 2.75". Then i'm going to bump the boost up to 9lb and see how she feels.... I need a video cam so i can make some vids too...
Old 05-30-2009, 10:54 PM

Well it seems to be coming along nicely, the problem is we are never satisfied, it's all about more, more, more, lol....

I think 275 is realistic with the mods your describing. I'm curious as to why the torque numbers are not higher on this setup. I just figured the procharger would put up some nice torque numbers, especially on the 2.4L. It seems like it pulls pretty hard from the vids. Hope it keeps getting better for you.

I don't think i am going to make gmnationals, i am kinda bummed i was looking forward to that show, but i have something going on and don't think i will be able to make it...

I'm getting mine dialed in finally, i've had alot of issues with lean trims and my idle was all screwwyy. But i think vince has that taken care of, i'm planning on having the rear section of my exhaust done this week, 2.75". Then i'm going to bump the boost up to 9lb and see how she feels.... I need a video cam so i can make some vids too...
dude.. i dunno how far NJ is to you ... ? if it's not SUPER far you should goto the GONE meet in july i'll be there .. paul will probably be there as well as a few other guys from the area...

well the "issue" with prochargers is they hold peak torque longer then most other setups.. so that causes them to create higher HP numbers then you would think.. if you look at my dyno chart.. i loose like 8 wtrq from peak to redline ... obviously thats going to produce hp lol

eventually if i rev it up high enough ... i'll produce a "normal" curve.. but untill now.. i'm happy with getting a linear HP curve that builds till redline hehe.. wait a minus how much boost are you running now? like 7 lbs?
but und
it's soooo hard for me not to drop a pulley size.. lol ... but unfortunately i'll probably need a clutch before then .. my clutch started slipping with this pulley for a bit.. but then vince set me up with NLS which has been alot better on my clutch.. I can do WOT shifts now and the only issue i have is massive spinnage lol

we're thinking that with a massaged head some cam tweakage and a 3" exhaust I should be able to hit 300 whp on this pulley but unfortunately a ported head isn't cheap at all lol
Old 05-30-2009, 11:05 PM

dude.. i dunno how far NJ is to you ... ? if it's not SUPER far you should goto the GONE meet in july i'll be there .. paul will probably be there as well as a few other guys from the area...

well the "issue" with prochargers is they hold peak torque longer then most other setups.. so that causes them to create higher HP numbers then you would think.. if you look at my dyno chart.. i loose like 8 wtrq from peak to redline ... obviously thats going to produce hp lol

eventually if i rev it up high enough ... i'll produce a "normal" curve.. but untill now.. i'm happy with getting a linear HP curve that builds till redline hehe.. wait a minus how much boost are you running now? like 7 lbs?
but und
it's soooo hard for me not to drop a pulley size.. lol ... but unfortunately i'll probably need a clutch before then .. my clutch started slipping with this pulley for a bit.. but then vince set me up with NLS which has been alot better on my clutch.. I can do WOT shifts now and the only issue i have is massive spinnage lol

we're thinking that with a massaged head some cam tweakage and a 3" exhaust I should be able to hit 300 whp on this pulley but unfortunately a ported head isn't cheap at all lol
Ported Head= Pure happiness= Empty wallet, lol.... You got a link to the meet in jersey? Only place i've been in NJ was right outside of NYC and it took like 5.5 hrs to get there...

I'm running 7lb right now, i really want to go up, but it's such a pain in the ass to change my wastegate spring cause of where it's at and how the exhaust is ran, so i'm draggin my feet about doing it. I thought about gettin a boost controller but i know what that will end up like, MOTOR IN PIECES, lol... I'm not going to dyno until after show season, just in case it let's go, i'll have all next winter to build it back up again... lol... I do plan on pushing it though, i'm not sure what the stock engine 2.2l whp record is but i'm going for it, lol...
Old 05-30-2009, 11:14 PM

Ported Head= Pure happiness= Empty wallet, lol.... You got a link to the meet in jersey? Only place i've been in NJ was right outside of NYC and it took like 5.5 hrs to get there...

I'm running 7lb right now, i really want to go up, but it's such a pain in the ass to change my wastegate spring cause of where it's at and how the exhaust is ran, so i'm draggin my feet about doing it. I thought about gettin a boost controller but i know what that will end up like, MOTOR IN PIECES, lol... I'm not going to dyno until after show season, just in case it let's go, i'll have all next winter to build it back up again... lol... I do plan on pushing it though, i'm not sure what the stock engine 2.2l whp record is but i'm going for it, lol...
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/north-east-56/border-g-o-n-e-meet-car-show-july-19th-152557/

well you could get a digital boost controller which has over boost protection or something.. they're pricey but idk man.. i'd never want to be changing wastegate springs everytime i want more boost lol

but yea like you said ported head would be pure seckz but like you said empty wallet .. and right now .. fixing my suspension and rear brakes are more important .. which will probably come in the form of coilovers and rear disk conversion.. which you might want to look into that conversion man... 450 bux on GB now .. with SS lines .. brembo blank rotors and such we have the same plan.. I want to push it as far as it can go.. i'm hoping i can hit 350 whp on stock motor .. i think it's possible
Old 05-30-2009, 11:48 PM

I'll look into the meet...

As for the boost controller, i was just looking at the hallmanpro at extremepsi, it's only like $85.00 and it seems like the safest mbc on the market, i'm not as worried about the boost controller failing as i am worried about me being tempted to twist the happy knob just one more click lol....

Who has the GB on the brakes? Bigger, better brakes are one of the things on top of my list, but i really want to stay with my 4 lug pattern and most places don't offer the rear conversion for that...

Damn, that meet is like 5.5 hrs away, lol... IDK about that, i'll keep it on my list, i've been wanting to hit some meets and car shows outside of my normal 150 mile radius, lol...

Last edited by b_faulk75; 05-30-2009 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-31-2009, 12:16 AM

I'll look into the meet...

As for the boost controller, i was just looking at the hallmanpro at extremepsi, it's only like $85.00 and it seems like the safest mbc on the market, i'm not as worried about the boost controller failing as i am worried about me being tempted to twist the happy knob just one more click lol....

Who has the GB on the brakes? Bigger, better brakes are one of the things on top of my list, but i really want to stay with my 4 lug pattern and most places don't offer the rear conversion for that...

Damn, that meet is like 5.5 hrs away, lol... IDK about that, i'll keep it on my list, i've been wanting to hit some meets and car shows outside of my normal 150 mile radius, lol...
well these are setup for stock fronts to keep the bias so they use like 9.7 " rears

haha just put the mr clicky in a shitty spot so it's a bitch ... to turn? haha but seriously ... just gotta have self control lol it's hard i know lol ...

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/deleted-threads-89/well-i-know-have-rear-discs-173155/

theres a link about the rear brake setup
Old 06-09-2009, 01:12 AM

ok so i'm going to have to do a blower oil change soon so i figure hmm lets fix some things, i'll be clocking the blower so i don't have the U bend anymore cleaning the air filter

and oh yea... prolly this

LAWLZ 300 whp i'm coming for joo bish lol

also i'm looking to pick up a set of coilovers since my suspension is pretty fucked and the rear disk swap since my rear brakes are fucked as well lol

and i'm hoping to hit the track the 21st or 28th well see how it goes.. well theres my update for a bit till i get things done
Old 06-09-2009, 01:36 AM

i luffz it .. i want to get a 3" catback and hit a dyno jet so i can dyno on what most other people dyno on lol .. yea i'll probably get higher numbers but thats ok ... i got the realistic numbers down.. lets go for inflated numbers like most other people...
Dude, I'd just stick with the dyno you have been using to stay consistent! If it matters that much, wait til you are totally done with the build and are happy with your power level, THEN hit a dynojet and show everyone up haha. How's the clutch doin lately btw?!
Old 06-09-2009, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by mtbrent
Dude, I'd just stick with the dyno you have been using to stay consistent! If it matters that much, wait til you are totally done with the build and are happy with your power level, THEN hit a dynojet and show everyone up haha. How's the clutch doin lately btw?!
i'll probably stay at that dyno for all my "real" tests like to see what gains i've made on the new pulley and such.. but it'll also put that dyno in perspective if i dyno it somewhere else

since i got NLS clutch is great as when i WOT now it's not trying to go into gear at 7k lol

i wont be happy till i hit 350 ok thats a lie i'm happy now .. however it's just fun to have more powah lol when i made 252 i was really happy lol now i'm probably closer to 260 or so since i bumped my redline up 400 more rpms and i'm seeing about 1.5 more lbs of boost i'm hitting closer to 9 now
Old 06-20-2009, 04:13 PM

well there will be more updates for this coming soon

i hit the track last night and determined i really need a new suspension lol

2.442 60' 14.31 et and 102.02 trap

i should be easily in the 13's but i fail as a driver and having a **** load of squat from blown out shocks/ struts doesn't help lol

but soon there should be some new developments.. hopefully the suspension will get fixed as well as some other new parts be put on
Old 06-20-2009, 10:17 PM

Kyle = failboat

nice trap though
Old 06-20-2009, 10:18 PM

Kyle = failboat

nice trap though
Old 06-20-2009, 11:48 PM

2.442 60' 14.31 et and 102.02 trap
so you really do have 250+whp...nice job
Old 06-20-2009, 11:59 PM

haha yea .. apparently mike you and i went to the same driving school lol

cars definitely got 13's in it .. just needz a new suspension and some more practice it was the first time driving it at the track boosted..
Old 06-21-2009, 03:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
fail
Old 06-22-2009, 02:12 AM

Nice dude! Who cares about ET anyways... Its all about the trap

Welcome to the 100mph club!

Quick Reply: ... My Build... Muhahahahahha