2010+ Future Cruze Discussions Discussions and information related to the upcoming 2010 Chevy Cruze

Chevy Cruze

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 07:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chevy Cruze

ok a while ago...like last year i was working in milford mi...which is right next to the GM proving grounds...this is before i heard about the stupid cruze that is replacing our beloved cobalt...ok i know some of ya guys will freak out and be like ur a liar or something like that but... i was on google today and typed in cruze ss and the WTCC one came up and i was like hmm i think i saw somwthing like that on the road in downtown milford last year...ok i know my cars and what ones look like right? i was standing on the corner and saw this thing go by and i didnt really pay atention to it and then kinda did a double take...i was on the phone with my father at the time...which worked at GM at the time(got laid off) and i literally said WHAT THE **** IS THAT...aka it looked amazing, at first i though it was like a new evo or something but it wasnt cuz the wing was diff and i saw a HUGE Chrome SS sticker on the bottom left corner of the trunk and it had a HUGE chevy symbol on it right above the license plate. the car was like a solid ocean blue...once i figured it was a chevy it was to far away to see anything else...but once i saw the WTCC Cruze i was like UH i saw that haha. the spoiler was differant tho is was like an old Eclipse GSX spoiler which look so good and it had diff wheels...im not sure what kind of Chevy it was but i know it was one cuz of the ridiculously huge Chevy simbol and huge chrome SS badge on it. I know after this last year GM has took a **** and slowed production on the SS models but i think i might have seen a CRUZE SS coupish thing haha it might not have beed a cruze ss but it was a chevy something SS but all i really know is that is looked VERY VERY VERY cool. i hope things pick up and they build those cuz it was actually pretty freakin sweet
Old 05-29-2009, 08:00 PM

it won't make production at least in the next year, but yes they have done some R&D on a cruze ss.
old news
you probably just saw some tech test driving it for fun as GM has closed the division that does R&D for chevy SS <- see front page
Old 05-30-2009, 06:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
couple mags have driven the euro or whatever version which is basically the same aside from engines. Gave it alright "impressions." I do not care for it aside from the interior, from what i have seen so far anyway. Other than that it looks like a Kia Elantra, Corolla and so forth.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Beamer
couple mags have driven the euro or whatever version which is basically the same aside from engines. Gave it alright "impressions." I do not care for it aside from the interior, from what i have seen so far anyway. Other than that it looks like a Kia Elantra, Corolla and so forth.
"Alright" impressions?? They liked it alot and said with a bigger motor it would an awesome drive.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
as they said, "Our impression of the Cruze.. blah blah." Just does not do it for me, saying when we get it its going to get like 1.4 turbo making 150hp or something. I don't know, haven't really read to much up on it.