ADVANCED Performance Modifications For advanced modification topics only.

ADVANCED Performance Modification section is now OPEN

Old 11-12-2006, 09:37 PM
Site Founder

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ADVANCED Performance Modification section is now OPEN

By popular demand, we have added an ADVANCED Performance Modification section.
Please use it for related discussions only.

If you would like an old thread from a different section moved to the new Advanced section, just post a link here and we will move it for you.

We are open to ideas as who will be able to post in here. Should we require a minimum post count or a minimum registered length of time? Open for discussion till we set it up to assure only advanced members can post here.

have fun
Old 11-12-2006, 09:39 PM

Awsome, thanks guys!
Old 11-12-2006, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JonyyB
By popular demand, we have added an ADVANCED Performance Modification section.
Please use it for related discussions only.

If you would like an old thread from a different section moved to the new Advanced section, just post a link here and we will move it for you.

We are open to ideas as who will be able to post in here. Should we require a minimum post count or a minimum registered length of time? Open for discussion till we set it up to assure only advanced members can post here.

have fun
does that mean i have to pay to access this section

That makes me sad.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:53 PM
Site Founder

No you will NOT have to pay.

EVERYONE will be able to read it. As for posting, we just want to keep it advanced and prevent new members from asking the same answered questions in this section.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:55 PM

nice.. thanks
Old 11-12-2006, 09:58 PM

ok, one last thing, i've been a member for like a month or so, why am i a new member still and how do i change that?
Old 11-12-2006, 10:02 PM

Thanks you

No I dont think you should have a minimum post count or anything like that . Just keep the bickering and drama out of this forum . Dont try to become part of a discussion unless you have something to offer outside of baseless opinions .
Old 11-12-2006, 10:04 PM
Banned

I'm waiting for the 2008 Turbo Thread to make its way over there.

Oh well, glad to see a new section
Old 11-12-2006, 10:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i think any members wanting to post there should have at least 250 posts, and have been a member for at least 3 months
Old 11-12-2006, 10:09 PM
Site Founder

Originally Posted by Killa SS
i've been a member for like a month or so, why am i a new member still and how do i change that?
That is off topic, but the info on user ranks is a sticky in the Site Development and Help section:
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/site-development-help-44/
Fell free to ask further questions in the related topic
Old 11-12-2006, 10:17 PM

So basically, I have to become a post ***** in order to post in the "Advanced" section?
Old 11-12-2006, 10:19 PM

what exactly will the requirements be to post in here, there might be new people here that have very legitament questions that need to be in this forum but may only have one post..

But by the same token i dont think everyone should be able to post in here

I think it should be 3-6 months and about 500 posts to get in here and also have the ability to invite users to this forum
Old 11-12-2006, 10:26 PM
Site Founder

Originally Posted by bdwarr6
what exactly will the requirements be to post in here
None, as we just opened this section and are discussing it.
from above:
Originally Posted by JonyyB
Old 11-12-2006, 10:31 PM

YES!!! I guess my thread and PMs to denny payed off
As for posting, I think someone should be either invited of approved by a mod or the admin. Like people who have a lot of mod, not just intake and exhaust. I'm talkin like guys with 2.5" or 2.6" pulley and have 270+ hp.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:32 PM

I would vote anything under a 2.9 should go here as anything under a 2.9 is suffectiant to blow something up but by the same token some newb with a 2.6 and 60lbers that paid for everybit of their work is no help either

like i was until about 2 months ago i know there was nothing i could have contributed lol
Old 11-12-2006, 10:33 PM
Site Founder

Originally Posted by Blown 4-banger
As for posting, I think someone should be either invited of approved by a mod or the admin. Like people who have a lot of mod, not just intake and exhaust. I'm talkin like guys with 2.5" or 2.6" pulley and have 270+ hp.

That is unattainable for it is not realistic for us to verify everyone’s mods. Besides, people can easily make up what mods they have
Old 11-12-2006, 10:35 PM

make it by invite only then nabr is invite only and one of the best dam performance forums on the internet if not the best by a long shot
Old 11-12-2006, 10:36 PM

And sharing this knowledge should only be limited to those who modify Cobalts?

I can understand wanting to limit those who post in here, but let's be realistic. There's more to "advanced performance modifications" than the size of your pulley.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:37 PM

there are people who arn't highly modded who no what they are talking about, although they are few and far between.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by sethallen
i think any members wanting to post there should have at least 250 posts, and have been a member for at least 3 months
That theory doesnt work . Alot of people that really know what hell their talking about do not post on the internet much at all .

The forum should be left open and heavily moderated . I think it should be completely fine for someone new to hotrodding to post a legit questions if its outside the scope of the basic bolt ons ....it how you learn . What this forum should be free of though , is people that try to answer questions when they dont know what the hell their talking about , that where the moderators job comes in If I start a topic debating ...ssaaaaaay....the benefits of converting to a LT1 maf sensor , if you dont have anything of technical revelence to say ....leave it at the door .
Old 11-12-2006, 10:40 PM

thats why i say let it be invite only, anyone can read but only those with an invite can post

simple answer
Old 11-12-2006, 10:44 PM

I meant more like guys who are serious about modding, not just a guy with stage 2 and an intake. I also think being able to post by invite only or by approval is the only way we can keep this forum to just serious questions or information.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by bdwarr6
thats why i say let it be invite only, anyone can read but only those with an invite can post

simple answer
so then post ****** will run this section. Be happy he gave us an advanced section and quit trying to make it further fit your likings as it has few posts and no one know it people will be able to keep it serious yet.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:47 PM

EXACTLY SilverSS/SC The problem that we run into currently with threads is people thinking they know what they are talking about, but have no idea about how cars/physics actually work. (i.e. The New Intake Idea Thread)

I think a min. post count could be ok, but then there are people on here who just post ***** and never really contribute anything, so why should they get to post? There are probably people on here who have >50 posts, yet are WAY more technically advanced than someone who post ****** and has 1000+ posts.

My vote is INVITE ONLY with verification by mod that they know what they are talking about. (EX. PM the mod a thread where the person clearly demonstrates they know what's going on)
Old 11-12-2006, 10:49 PM

You guys are making this too difficult

I dont agree with the pulley size comment at all . That leaves a guy like me , who is squeezing out every ounce of power out of the stock pulley before I move on , out . Im curious just how far I push the stock pulley , when I hit a wall ....then I'll move on . Theres so many people that threw a ton of mods on their car and never honed what GM gave them to begin to begin with .

Keep it bicker free , and all the same ol same ol same ol same questions outa here and it wil work

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ADVANCED Performance Modification section is now OPEN