ADVANCED Performance Modifications For advanced modification topics only.

help

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 02:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help

i just bought a 2007 cobalt ss/sc i want to take to stage 2 but idk how much it would be? also whats the best CAI? and what other things could i do to increase hp and torque please give me prices! all info is grateful. and when raceing is it best to redline or go to a different amount of rpm? im a noob; ufortunetly but i have to start somewhere
Old 08-07-2009, 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by m_a91sanchez
i just bought a 2007 cobalt ss/sc i want to take to stage 2 but idk how much it would be? also whats the best CAI? and what other things could i do to increase hp and torque please give me prices! all info is grateful. and when raceing is it best to redline or go to a different amount of rpm? im a noob; ufortunetly but i have to start somewhere
stage 2 will run u anywere between 6-700 dependin on were u buy it. for the CAI i went with the injen which ran me 200 cuz one of the vendor had it on sale, normally its 250-300 again depends were u buy it, but the supercharger really whines loud, but as to say which is the best theres no real best cuz their gona give u bout the same amount of HP, but as for what will give u more hp n torque im in the same boat as you dont no all to much stuff either just ask around there are tons of people on here that no wut their talkin about
Old 08-07-2009, 03:28 AM

o ok then thanks for the little insight
Old 08-07-2009, 03:33 AM

get the ottp kit, cheaper overall and a little more power...
Old 08-07-2009, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by m_a91sanchez
i bought complete stage 2 kit for 500, plus i had GM install which as another 400 so i could keep my warranty, but imo, injen is top brand, puts out the most power, plus like the other guy said whines like crazy, its hard to really got the car more torquie then it already is cuz the car has instant boost so its already a pretty torquie car, i went with poly trans mounts and a ETD, cuz they were cheaper, trans mounts were 50 and the ETD i bought used for 75, i got a heat exchanger also, helps with the intake temps so it runs cooler, i spike at about 17.5 pounds of boost towards end of 3rd gear, that car is pretty quick with the stuff that i have done to it, but everyone can go their own route