ADVANCED Performance Modifications For advanced modification topics only.

Irritated! No TVS 1900 info.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 12:16 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Then?
I was stock for the most part; Bolted it on for ***** and giggles at the time.

Currently
Forged Internals
Ported head with ZZP Stage 3 Cams
TVS 1320

The problem is with hydraulic lifters per Mrbelvedere's thread.
Spend the money, grind a set of cams for solid lifters

or

Spend $600-700, buy a universal NXpress Wet shot kit and a 100 PSI regulator. Spray a 75-125 shot and enjoy. ABSOLUTE BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK!

Last edited by 100% METH; 01-28-2015 at 12:22 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:29 PM

Our current cams available off the shelf when paired with hydraulic lifters won't cut it

With my current setup and new head, yes... 400 to 400+ is obtainable. But what it takes to get my engine to produce this kind of power is severely limited by the head. (Numbers will vary dyno to dyno substantially)

You really need to look into belvedere's thread

There's a reason why the K series has no problem making excess of 300whp w/ an mp62 and 400+ w/ a larger Lysholm 1.6, or equivalent.

Flow.... FLOW... FLOW.... + Efficiency

They're not seeing 22-30+ psi...
Yet they're flowing the equivalent CFM if not more at 12-16 psi

Get the blower into it's happy spot on the efficiency map, and you will have no problem making 400+whp with a larger blower.

otherwise...

Nitrous and enjoy instant gratification at a fraction of the cost.

Last edited by 100% METH; 01-28-2015 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 100% METH
Our current cams available off the shelf when paired with hydraulic lifters won't cut it

With my current setup and new head, yes... 400 to 400+ is obtainable. But what it takes to get my engine to produce this kind of power is severely limited by the head. (Numbers will vary dyno to dyno substantially)

You really need to look into belvedere's thread

There's a reason why the K series has no problem making excess of 300whp w/ an mp62 and 400+ w/ a larger Lysholm 1.6, or equivalent.

Flow.... FLOW... FLOW.... + Efficiency

They're not seeing 22-30+ psi...
Yet they're flowing the equivalent CFM if not more at 12-16 psi

Get the blower into it's happy spot on the efficiency map, and you will have no problem making 400+whp with a larger blower.

otherwise...

Nitrous and enjoy instant gratification at a fraction of the cost.
Well I read MrB's thread over again I remember seeing it and thinking hmm. Now after comprehending it this go round. Really the only thing I could do for efficiency is increase compression.

Those k20 guys also have ridiculous compression 11.0:1 that's also another reason for them able to use less boost. So in reason I'd have to always run E on 10.5:1 pistons and maybe I could better utilize the stock blower or a 1900. Anyone ever know of anybody running 10.5:1 or 10.0:1 pistons with any results?

But yeah I totally aggree with you already have the Wet N20 setup with a WOT/window switch I still gotta put in.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:29 PM

Did a little research

Are all K head's = Flow charts inside - Page 3 - K20A.org .:. The K Series Source . Honda / Acura K20a k24a Engine Forum Post #55

ZZPerformance - Ecotec Ported Head #ZZ-PHD-ECT

Does the head really flow that much better than ours when modified? if not then the compression has to be the issue am i correct in saying so? I am not familiar with/without adapter plate flow readings, Could anyone explain if these readings mean anything significant?
Old 01-28-2015, 01:45 PM

Compression has little to nothing to do with my post above

I'm running near 11:1 as well

Make X CFM at X PSI and you'll have the winning combination

If you insist on staying blown to make 370-400whp+; you'll need to figure out if it's worth it to set the head up to make excess of 400whp on a supercharger.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by 100% METH
Compression has little to nothing to do with my post above

I'm running near 11:1 as well

Make X CFM at X PSI and you'll have the winning combination

If you insist on staying blown to make 370-400whp+; you'll need to figure out if it's worth it to set the head up to make excess of 400whp on a supercharger.
Its not about just figuring out if its worth it. It's about furthering our platform.

Solid lifter custom cams and a Stg 2 ZZP port or something similiar should net good flow for the 1900. Ive already subd the Sticky for cam comparison by Mrbelvedere. We shall see how that goes after his tests.

I guess the only way to find out if it will work with the 1900 is by doing it my self. The headwork aint happening now, however the 1900 might happen sooner then later.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:28 PM
Got Bewst?

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Shanman
Its not about just figuring out if its worth it. It's about furthering our platform.

Solid lifter custom cams and a Stg 2 ZZP port or something similiar should net good flow for the 1900. Ive already subd the Sticky for cam comparison by Mrbelvedere. We shall see how that goes after his tests.

I guess the only way to find out if it will work with the 1900 is by doing it my self. The headwork aint happening now, however the 1900 might happen sooner then later.
Damn rights. Everyone who wants this blower should stop being so damn gun shy waiting on results and just dive in and do it! Lots of you love the blower, but don't want to do the homework. There's gains to be had, it's just not going to happen bolting on and driving away.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:36 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I've offered to Josh that I would test it out for him, all in house, on my own vehicles and with my own dyno when it shows up, and even leave a deposit. It wouldn't be a built motor, but I could test it on a ported head/cams car on E85. I could even test the M62, TVS1320, and TVS1900 all within a day or 2. I know what the 1320 made on a Dynojet, but I would put it back on for a direct comparison on my dyno. I'd probably not push it any past 400whp, but it would be really good for a comparison and more info than what is available now.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by InfraRedline
I've offered to Josh that I would test it out for him, all in house, on my own vehicles and with my own dyno when it shows up, and even leave a deposit. It wouldn't be a built motor, but I could test it on a ported head/cams car on E85. I could even test the M62, TVS1320, and TVS1900 all within a day or 2. I know what the 1320 made on a Dynojet, but I would put it back on for a direct comparison on my dyno. I'd probably not push it any past 400whp, but it would be really good for a comparison and more info than what is available now.

What did he say? Bc I offered as well on a forum, but I didnt talk to him personally or PM him.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluelightning
Damn rights. Everyone who wants this blower should stop being so damn gun shy waiting on results and just dive in and do it! Lots of you love the blower, but don't want to do the homework. There's gains to be had, it's just not going to happen bolting on and driving away.
not always true blue. if i had yours or jons funds i would do exactly what you said. however i dont, even tho i have no issues spending cash over a period of time i dont have alot of room when shyt hits the fan. i will never be a pioneer of engine modding, but i dont mind spending on something thats proven. it is not wrong of a person to not wanting to be a guinea pig on the 1900. it is not wrong to have questions about the 1900. you can not look down upon a person who is willing to learn everyday and try his best to accomplish his goals. i am no mechanic but i have done most of the work on my car myself. yes i have had help from friends who are more mechanical minded but even then they learn from the things i know too.

if the truth was to be known i am very much a guinea pig, just not under the hood. i have done more testing and attempts in doing different ideas in my field as it relates to cars then anyone on this site. then again none of you care about what i have tried because it has nothing to do with making the car go faster. even today as it sits i have a unproven product on my car and i am the guinea pig.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:19 PM

What did he say? Bc I offered as well on a forum, but I didnt talk to him personally or PM him.
It was just in his thread on the 1900. I haven't gotten any reply. I just cant think of a better controlled test, but I can understand if he doesn't want to send one out for the testing.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:23 PM

Only a matter of time...
Old 01-28-2015, 05:27 PM
Got Bewst?

Originally Posted by jrmotosports 88
not always true blue. if i had yours or jons funds i would do exactly what you said. however i dont, even tho i have no issues spending cash over a period of time i dont have alot of room when shyt hits the fan. i will never be a pioneer of engine modding, but i dont mind spending on something thats proven. it is not wrong of a person to not wanting to be a guinea pig on the 1900. it is not wrong to have questions about the 1900. you can not look down upon a person who is willing to learn everyday and try his best to accomplish his goals. i am no mechanic but i have done most of the work on my car myself. yes i have had help from friends who are more mechanical minded but even then they learn from the things i know too.

if the truth was to be known i am very much a guinea pig, just not under the hood. i have done more testing and attempts in doing different ideas in my field as it relates to cars then anyone on this site. then again none of you care about what i have tried because it has nothing to do with making the car go faster. even today as it sits i have a unproven product on my car and i am the guinea pig.
Whoa whoa don't start putting words in my mouth... Never did I say spend money you don't have, never did I say it's wrong to have questions and learn about this blower. And I absolutley never would I look down on anyone.

Half the time it just sounds like a bunch of people are on their computers with a 1900 in their cart ready to buy but want someone to do it first and make the pathway. All I was referring to is don't be shy! The answers to make power with this blower are on this forum. All anyone has to do is a litte reading and research.

Last edited by Bluelightning; 01-28-2015 at 06:04 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:13 PM

well if i put words in your mouth, i didnt mean too. i just think anyone who is serious on this blower is in this thread. i have read everything i could find on this blower and i do have questions. yes i dont understand some of the info, ie: those crazy charts. yes i would like to see some success before i pull the trigger. if there is success i will pull the trigger, i just cant pave the way like you suggest.

as it sits i already have a $2000 dollar roll of unproven vinyl on my car. being the test subject in this city with our climate conditions. to be honest i am not impressed with it and it certainly isnt worth the money they want for it.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:00 AM
Former Vendor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
That is a nice offer but it has 2 problems. 9 out of 10 times when I let someone put a deposit and ship and item to them or I do a core exchange without charging a core. I don't get the part back or it takes me a year to collect the money. So I stopped doing that for people. The other problem is that when I get the units in the sell within days.

People do want them and at least one of them is in the car running. Everyone that has them isn't ready to talk just yet.

Buying direct from Eaton is not going to happen. They only sell the rotors to the aftermarket. They only do OE superchargers and they make them in the thousands.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Josh@ottp
That is a nice offer but it has 2 problems. 9 out of 10 times when I let someone put a deposit and ship and item to them or I do a core exchange without charging a core. I don't get the part back or it takes me a year to collect the money. So I stopped doing that for people. The other problem is that when I get the units in they sell within days.

People do want them and at least one of them is in the car running. Everyone that has them isn't ready to talk just yet.

Buying direct from Eaton is not going to happen. They only sell the rotors to the aftermarket. They only do OE superchargers and they make them in the thousands.
Oh I thought I read somewhere that you had only sold 3 so far guess that was a while back, and I jeez they must be selling like hotcakes and everybody keeping it a secret...

And by isnt ready to talk you mean bc they are still tuning it??? At least tell us if they are happy with the purchase!!!
Old 01-30-2015, 09:33 AM
Former Vendor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Everyone is literally building the crap out of their car. Built engine, built trans.... they are going for big numbers. Except for one guy on a stock block who just wants 400. Once I have the info I will share.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:37 AM

Received 84 Likes on 69 Posts
Some one put the 1900 on the LNF.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Josh@ottp
That is a nice offer but it has 2 problems. 9 out of 10 times when I let someone put a deposit and ship and item to them or I do a core exchange without charging a core. I don't get the part back or it takes me a year to collect the money. So I stopped doing that for people. The other problem is that when I get the units in the sell within days.

That's understandable. When I get my dyno (picking it up March 23rd) if you would be interested in something like a direct comparison between the M62, TVS1320, and TVS1900 and how they compare at ~400whp and less on the same car in a very short period of time then I would still be willing to do it and pay the full amount if I would be refunded when testing was done. That would be IF you happen to have some on the shelf that haven't sold by then. I know by then people will probably be posting their results already so a direct comparison probably wouldn't be as appealing as it would right now, so I can understand if you still don't have much need for it.

Best solution is to sell one to someone doing a big build that could drive out to my location and do some testing
Old 02-06-2015, 05:19 PM

That's understandable. When I get my dyno (picking it up March 23rd) if you would be interested in something like a direct comparison between the M62, TVS1320, and TVS1900 and how they compare at ~400whp and less on the same car in a very short period of time then I would still be willing to do it and pay the full amount if I would be refunded when testing was done. That would be IF you happen to have some on the shelf that haven't sold by then. I know by then people will probably be posting their results already so a direct comparison probably wouldn't be as appealing as it would right now, so I can understand if you still don't have much need for it.

Best solution is to sell one to someone doing a big build that could drive out to my location and do some testing
Work out a deal with this guy. Write up a contract or fly down yourself. It's been too long that the LSJ has been the underdog and the LNF gets the glory.

A reliable 20-22psi sub 400@ the tires would be awesome. I know the 1320 is capable of netting 310-330 pushing 24ish psi on a bolted LSJ...

Would the TVS1900 be comparable with a S252et turbo?
Old 02-06-2015, 11:55 PM
Got Bewst?

Comparing the two is apples to oranges
Old 03-16-2020, 05:44 PM

Saw my old post, and to bring it from the dead I wanted to update everyone I still own the car and it has the same build from 2015 albeit stg3 cams now, and made 424whp on a 1320 w/ e85.

Far exceeded my goals of 400,but hey once you get 420 you want 450..

So next will be 10.5:1 pistons and a head ported by tjolley as his heads flow extremely well. I think that will take the 1320 to its peak. I can then move back to a 1900 platform knowing I’ve done as much as I could with the 1320 platform pushing it to its limit and my engine as well!! 8500rpm and 26psi is definitely an amazing sound out of a LSJ though!! Still #1 club member for notgivingupthewhine
Old 03-17-2020, 11:31 AM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 409 Likes on 352 Posts
Saw my old post, and to bring it from the dead I wanted to update everyone I still own the car and it has the same build from 2015 albeit stg3 cams now, and made 424whp on a 1320 w/ e85.

Far exceeded my goals of 400,but hey once you get 420 you want 450..

So next will be 10.5:1 pistons and a head ported by tjolley as his heads flow extremely well. I think that will take the 1320 to its peak. I can then move back to a 1900 platform knowing I’ve done as much as I could with the 1320 platform pushing it to its limit and my engine as well!! 8500rpm and 26psi is definitely an amazing sound out of a LSJ though!! Still #1 club member for notgivingupthewhine
Impressive. I'm more impressed with running it out to 8500 RPM. Are you running solid lifters? I pulled a bus on a C6 Corvette, hit 8k, and then had 3 or 4 lash adjusters collapse... I haven't felt as confident in revving the car out since then.

EDIT: Also good to see another old member still around.
Old 03-17-2020, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by USMCFieldMP
Impressive. I'm more impressed with running it out to 8500 RPM. Are you running solid lifters? I pulled a bus on a C6 Corvette, hit 8k, and then had 3 or 4 lash adjusters collapse... I haven't felt as confident in revving the car out since then.

EDIT: Also good to see another old member still around.
Yeah I’ve dropped lash adjusters before with the older shitty LSJ lash adjusters,

I made the switch to lnf lash adjusters and lnf valves.
I’ve put over 30k hard and I mean real hard hotlap on a roadcourse hard, with oil temps touching 260 hard, coolant touching 240 hard and the engine has performed remarkably well with a somewhat conservative tune. Yes it’s built, but it goes to show that when built properly it will last years of ‘ride her hard and put her up wet’ abuse
All maintenance has been spot on and I am religious about changing my fuel filter every 6 mo(e85 is rough on a paper filter)
Old 03-18-2020, 01:39 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 409 Likes on 352 Posts
Yeah I’ve dropped lash adjusters before with the older shitty LSJ lash adjusters,

I made the switch to lnf lash adjusters and lnf valves.
I’ve put over 30k hard and I mean real hard hotlap on a roadcourse hard, with oil temps touching 260 hard, coolant touching 240 hard and the engine has performed remarkably well with a somewhat conservative tune. Yes it’s built, but it goes to show that when built properly it will last years of ‘ride her hard and put her up wet’ abuse
All maintenance has been spot on and I am religious about changing my fuel filter every 6 mo(e85 is rough on a paper filter)
That's good to hear. I swapped to the LHU lash adjusters after my collapse incident, but haven't had the chance to put them to work since then. My plan is to hot lap the hell out of the car on road courses as well, so we'll see how that works for me.