ADVANCED Performance Modifications For advanced modification topics only.

Which stage 2 kit...

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Which stage 2 kit...

Hey...im getting ready to order a stage 2 kit for the balt & im debating on which one to get. OTTP or ZZP? Which one makes the most HP gain...not what they "claim" it will give u...but what it really does give u. I heard OTTP is better HP gain wise than ZZP. ZZP claims to give u more sumone told me but OTTP really gives u more they said.

I just wanna see what everynes opinion is on this & if there are ne others out there besides GM that i dont know about. & what else is recomended to get while ordering this. It is my DD so i dont wanna do to much HEAVY modding but wanna try to atleast gain another 65 hp or so.

1) OTTP- (what do they mean by option) do those 2 things not come with it?? or are they just giving u the option to choose between the 2??and what size pulley is good if i decide to uprgade the pulley? zzp lets u choose pulley size)

2.8" Smoothflow MPS or Stage 2 Pulley (option)
60lb Flowmatched Injectors
Injector Harness
Larger Idler Pulley or Stage 2 Belt (option)
NGK 1 Step Colder Copper Plugs
OTT Stage 1 PCM

KIT IS $254
here is the link but im ure u all know where to find it lol...
http://www.ottperformance.com/store/...-2-Kit-4p6.htm

2) ZZP- i dont really understand theres... can sumone help me with that.

IM LOOKING TO DO THIS IN 2 WEEKS WHEN I GET MY TAX RETURN...SO PLEASE GIMME SUM FEED BACK THANX!!!!!

Old 01-29-2010, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by SSQT125J
Hey...im getting ready to order a stage 2 kit for the balt & im debating on which one to get. OTTP or ZZP? Which one makes the most HP gain...not what they "claim" it will give u...but what it really does give u. I heard OTTP is better HP gain wise than ZZP. ZZP claims to give u more sumone told me but OTTP really gives u more they said.

I just wanna see what everynes opinion is on this & if there are ne others out there besides GM that i dont know about. & what else is recomended to get while ordering this. It is my DD so i dont wanna do to much HEAVY modding but wanna try to atleast gain another 65 hp or so.

1) OTTP- (what do they mean by option) do those 2 things not come with it?? or are they just giving u the option to choose between the 2??and what size pulley is good if i decide to uprgade the pulley? zzp lets u choose pulley size)

2.8" Smoothflow MPS or Stage 2 Pulley (option)
60lb Flowmatched Injectors
Injector Harness
Larger Idler Pulley or Stage 2 Belt (option)
NGK 1 Step Colder Copper Plugs
OTT Stage 1 PCM

KIT IS $254
here is the link but im ure u all know where to find it lol...
http://www.ottperformance.com/store/...-2-Kit-4p6.htm

2) ZZP- i dont really understand theres... can sumone help me with that.

IM LOOKING TO DO THIS IN 2 WEEKS WHEN I GET MY TAX RETURN...SO PLEASE GIMME SUM FEED BACK THANX!!!!!

Some users upgrade from stage two (GM) to our stage 2 kit. That is the reason for the pulley option for either a MPS or just a pulley. If you car is stock you would need the MPS as it is the hub and pulley. Same idea with the belt option, if you are stock you could choose either or. The tensioner pulley is cheaper but requires the bracket to have a small amount of material removed. The belt is more money but easier for install purposes.

At any rate a 2.8" pulley is just dandy with our kit. The only other suggestion would be to add a heat exchanger to the kit to help cool iat2 temps.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:59 PM

k...thanx for that info!!