Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

Anybody have experience removing cement splatter??

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody have experience removing cement splatter??

Went to go to work yesterday and noticed that there was some grey splatter on the side of my car. Thinking it was just ordinary mud, I carried on as usual and was going to wait until after work to clean it off. When I went to do so, I came to realize that it wasnt mud; somehow I ended up with cement splattered on the passenger side of my car.

I am now royally pissed off and am paranoid to remove it and risk taking off paint. I did some searching online, and a fairly commonly used remedy seems to be diluted white vinegar. If anyone has any experience with this, help would greatly be appreciated as I don't want to ruin my paint.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:41 PM

take pictures before you try to do anything and try to determine what company was working in the area where it happened. That way if it takes the clearcoat/paint off, you can appeal to them to pay to fix it. If they won't, file an insurance claim and the insurance company will go after them, but youll have to the leg work up front in finding out.

I would try to use a very small amount of diluted white vinegar, spray it with a quick detailer, and run the claybar over it, see if the claybar is able to gently seperate it from the paint without damaging it. If it comes off, wash the area immediately after.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:07 PM

got a chance to work on it for an afternoon about a week ago. Didn't need to use any vinegar. I just slowly worked on it with my fingernails and with an old gift card. No paint came off, but one spot did scratch a lil (not noticable unless ur looking for it tho).