Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

a cop was giving me shit about my headlights

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a cop was giving me **** about my headlights

i had 1st gen projectors with 8000k HIDs in them. I was getting irritated witht he shitty quality of the 1st gens, so I ordered 9007 8000k hid bulbs for my stock headlights.

i pull up to my local 7-11 during the day and i went inside to get money, i came out and a cop was there, he walked up to my car and was asking me about my headlights.

He's like are those blue lights in there? I was like yea there hids. and he was like you can't have blue lights, they need to be white, there gonna be blinding as hell to other people coming the other way, he then pulled out his code book from his cruiser and showed where it said white.

good thing is he was cool and didn;t give me a citation or a fix it ticket but just a verbal warning. he told me to be careful around other towns with those lights. meaning other cops from other towns will be worse then him.

he was a cop from my own town where i live i think thats why he didn;t give me a ticket cuz he's seen me before.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:09 AM

thats shitty. look at like every new bmw and saab with there headlights
Old 07-14-2009, 12:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats kinda gay cuz it was day time. but that good he was cool about it.
and BMWs always have purple and blue headlights.

truth is the white HID kits are brighter, if you look in the stickys in the apperance section.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by jonxxxedge1
thats shitty. look at like every new bmw and saab with there headlights
thats what i said to him...i was like what about other cars that have blue lights from the factory...

he was like, thats from the factory nothing we can do. if its not oem then it's illegal i guess he was trying to say. he just wanted to be a ********.

but since then i angled my headlights down more so as not to blind people.

Originally Posted by 09turbo
thats kinda gay cuz it was day time. but that good he was cool about it.
and BMWs always have purple and blue headlights.

truth is the white HID kits are brighter, if you look in the stickys in the apperance section.
yea exactly

Last edited by BlackSSNick; 07-14-2009 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-14-2009, 12:14 AM

they are bright as ****, and dangerous.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by tREBs
they are bright as ****, and dangerous.
they arn't that bad, i have my headlights angled down to the fullest extent, you have to be laying on the ground in front of my car to have the light shine straight into your eyes

they are bright though, but at night around here thats good, its extremely dark in some parts, you look out your side windows and can't see anything
Old 07-14-2009, 12:19 AM

You put HID's in your stock reflector headlight housings? That's some shenanigans on your part. Why do you think BMW's and Saabs come with HID's in projector housings?

The brightness is fine in a projector, but reflector housings cause them to be way too bright, blinding other drivers. This is illegal in the UK, and while it may not be illegal in some states here, it's definitely not good etiquette.

I've grown irritated of poor quality first gen projector housings too, and right now I'm running my stock housings, painted black with the stock halogen lights. The housings look great, fit perfect, and the stock bulbs light up the street just fine.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by BlackSSNick
they arn't that bad, i have my headlights angled down to the fullest extent, you have to be laying on the ground in front of my car to have the light shine straight into your eyes

they are bright though, but at night around here thats good, its extremely dark in some parts, you look out your side windows and can't see anything
well for that I applaud you then, I cant stand poorly aimed headlights... I have had a close call or 2 because of some **** tard going the other way with bright ass headlights.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:22 AM
I'm too JDM for you

here we go again with the "putting hids in stock housings???!?!?!?! god kills a kitten everytime you turn them on because you are blinding people! OMGWTFBBQSAUCE" with proper aiming, they do not blind anybody
Old 07-14-2009, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by BLAZIN07SS
here we go again with the "putting hids in stock housings???!?!?!?! god kills a kitten everytime you turn them on because you are blinding people! OMGWTFBBQSAUCE" with proper aiming, they do not blind anybody
How many people ACTUALLY properly take the time to aim them...
Old 07-14-2009, 12:25 AM

i know they blind people, and aiming my headlights all the way down is not proper aiming but i did that so they arn't AS blinding.

i knew i would get **** about this on this site, but whatever.

i like the look of hids, but hate the 1st gen quality, unless someone wants to make retrofits for me???

i don't have the time, nor the money to make retrofits myself
Old 07-14-2009, 12:28 AM

he gave you **** because there illegal.. they blind oncoming traffic.. bmw, infiniti, lexus, etc, they have projector head lights that are actually white (though they look diffrent because of the type of light) and they also have cut off when the normal driving lights are on.. which basicly means there is no glare coming from the head lights, where as the after market hids have no cut off at all and blind the **** out of people.. i hate driving by those kids at night.. if you spend the money you can have proper headlights that aren't illegal and aren't extermly annoying to other driviers on the road

here is a pretty good example to see what i mean..

here is cut off... see there is no light past a certain point

and here is no cut off and this guy is close to the wall.. imagine being 20 feet in front of this guy..
Old 07-14-2009, 12:28 AM

mine work fine. i was brighted once and then i adjusted them down a bit more. but trust me they are no where close to adjusted all the way down like the op says. mine are pretty square
Old 07-14-2009, 12:29 AM
I'm too JDM for you

i know they blind people, and aiming my headlights all the way down is not proper aiming but i did that so they arn't AS blinding.

i knew i would get **** about this on this site, but whatever.

i like the look of hids, but hate the 1st gen quality, unless someone wants to make retrofits for me???

i don't have the time, nor the money to make retrofits myself
i'm not giving you **** about it. just mocking others that do. lol, i have had cobalts with PROPERLY AIMED hid's driving behind me and coming towards me without blinding. whats more annoying to me is the new escalades cause their hid's sit right in my mirror
Old 07-14-2009, 12:31 AM

i'm not giving you **** about it. just mocking others that do. lol, i have had cobalts with PROPERLY AIMED hid's driving behind me and coming towards me without blinding. whats more annoying to me is the new escalades cause their hid's sit right in my mirror
i know what you mean...some of the factory hids in cars are bright as **** as well
Old 07-14-2009, 12:37 AM

i would love to make a set of retrofits. i just wish there was a how-to. i have pulled numerous stock lights apart. just dont know **** about projectos
Old 07-14-2009, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by Gestapo007
i would love to make a set of retrofits. i just wish there was a how-to. i have pulled numerous stock lights apart. just dont know **** about projectos
same here. and everyone that has retrofits for sell wants 400 to 500, **** that ****
Old 07-14-2009, 12:44 AM

Gotta pay to play, you get what you pay for, etc. If you can't afford to do it right, don't bother. Bottom line: it just looks cheap, lame, and ricey when you've got HID's in your stock housings.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by IROCZ0r
Gotta pay to play, you get what you pay for, etc. If you can't afford to do it right, don't bother. Bottom line: it just looks cheap, lame, and ricey when you've got HID's in your stock housings.
that would be the only thing on my car that qualifies as rice
Old 07-14-2009, 12:51 AM

same here. and everyone that has retrofits for sell wants 400 to 500, **** that ****
not bad considering the time it takes to make something like that, and not bad considering you wont blind oncoming traffic.. it doesn't matter how low you have your lights aimed.. no cut off, your still blinding people
Old 07-14-2009, 01:04 AM
Banned

i have the 1st gen's and 8000k as well, not really blue, more of a white. I never had any issues with cops. Only time i ever had a cop mention anything about my car was the first time i got caught for speeding and he told me to change my exhaust cuz it was to loud...dont know how i would change it, it was stock
Old 07-14-2009, 01:09 AM

exactly. i dont give a **** that much about a ****** cutoff line. lmao, people coming the other way can suck it. its not even bad
Old 07-14-2009, 01:14 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Gestapo007

exactly. i dont give a **** that much about a ****** cutoff line. lmao, people coming the other way can suck it. its not even bad
even if it's family or friends? wow, karma will get you one day.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:17 AM

tomorrow night im gonna take a picture of my lights with them aimed as low as they go, and you will see its not that bad
Old 07-14-2009, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by DC52NV
even if it's family or friends? wow, karma will get you one day.
that sounded bad. i do care that i dont wanna blind people, and the one time i got brighted i was a block away from home and i actually turned around to go home and adjust them b4 i went out so i guess i care, but i mean since then no1 has flashed me and i hang with alot of cobalt guys and we roll around and no1 mentioned me blinding them, so if thats the case im not gonna drop 500 bucks just to "make sure its a proper line". thats a waste of money to me. sure i would love projectos, but for that much, give me a catless downpipe and retune.

im just tired of these threads about them and the constant "OMG EPIC FAIL LIGHTS" when half the people have never even seen them but just go "oh that guys cool and he says HID's in stock lights are gay so they must be gay and every thread from now untill i sell my cobalt i will post something rediculous in HID threads"

Quick Reply: a cop was giving me shit about my headlights