Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

Does Anyone Have Any Info On These Tail Lights?

Old 06-22-2015, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does Anyone Have Any Info On These Tail Lights?

EDIT: They are a pre-production piece that was not put into production, as I had suspected. Looks like we are stuck with the same old non round options we always had.

So, I was browsing all the after-market tail light lenses available for inspiration for a retro I'm about to start, and I came across these from Spyder Auto:

I'm sure we've all seen them before, but something caught my eye and I decided to take a closer look, as the housings seem to be different than all the others which more or less use the stock housing with different lenses.

I clicked on their YouTube video to get a closer look, and I noticed they also have the reverse light housings, which I had never noticed before.

Screen Cap from the video shows both an outer brake light, and an inner reverse light.

UPDATE:

They did send a response, and they are a pre-production light they developed but didn't put into production. I guess we are still stuck with the non circular options.

After checking their own website, I don't see those reverse lights included in the set, so I decide to watch the video again to see if I misunderstood.

After watching the video again, I see nothing to indicate that they are not included. It even goes so far as to point to the reverse light and state, "here is your LED parking, turn and brake light, here's your reverse light."

Then it goes on to state that, "this item does not include a reverse bulb, in order to complete installation, please transfer over your stock bulb."

So they admit in the video that a reverse light is included, yet nothing is shown on their site. This is odd, so I contact the company for clarification.

They respond by stating that it does not include a reverse light, and that the one shown in the video is a stock item, and is just for reference.

Of course, that is 100% false, as you can clearly see in the picture below that it is not a stock item:

I sent the picture to the company, with an explanation, asking if that is another manufacturer's product, or if they had made it and decided not to proceed with production.

I have yet to receive a response.

So, my question to you all is, has anyone ever seen these housings before? If so, who sells them?

I would really like a set of reverse lenses without the reflectors cast into the lens, but the only other ones available have the misshaped reverse light lens separation, such as the K2 lenses, and I would like to replicate the stock round lens:

If anyone has any clues, please let me know. Thanks!

Last edited by DAKINS124; 06-23-2015 at 10:54 AM.
Old 06-22-2015, 01:13 PM

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
good luck, never seen other options.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks haha,

They did send a response, apparently they are a pre-production light that they decided not to put into production.

They probably shouldn't have jumped the gun with the video, but what do I know?

Back to the drawing board I guess.