Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

Large Lensed Projectors...

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Large Lensed Projectors...

What are the advantages and disadvantages to projectors with large lenses? I would like to acquire a great quality set of projectors, but I don't want them to look measly and small within the headlamp reflector. I see some on here that simply look like a small floodlamp screwed into a socket.

I think that looks a little weak. I would really like to get a larger diameter projector and use that.

Anyone have any input on this, or any thoughts regarding the advantages or disadvantages of going this route?

If you could point me in the direction of some larger diameter projectors (makes and models they came off of) I would appreciate it. That CCFL Halo business is not really necessary for me.

I appreciate your help!
Old 10-20-2010, 11:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm building retrofits right now and I'm using 3 inch murano projectors. I know a lot of people made them with TL or FX-R projectors, I think the TL/FX-Rs are 2.5 inch projectors though.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:42 AM

Acura TL projectors with a ZKW lense from theretrofitsource.com is a great set up and honestly is one of the best combos. The TL's are 3". Another great setup is the FX-R projectors from the same site above. These are 2.5" which is what a lot of the projectors are. If you want the best, I would stick with one of those or something very similar. Either route you want a clear lense for best results.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:29 PM

def a clear lense. I think im leaning toward FX-Rs... Id love to get my hands on a set from a TL though... if the price was right.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:25 PM

Something for you to keep in mind is that TL's are I think the largest 3" projector and they are not very easy to retrofit because of their size. FX-R are designed to be retrofitted and are easy to retrofit.