Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

Speedhut Guages

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 09:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Speedhut Guages

Hey guys, I have been looking for some custom guages lately and all i can find are the ones from blackcat and they dont have the options that I am interested in. Main one being orange faces. I had contacted them and they never seemed to give 2 cents about doing something custom. I got talking with some guys in my car club and they refered me to speedhut.com. They will do custom gauges as long as you can get 25 people interested and from what I hear they dont even have to be the same thing. All they want is 25 people to be interested in buying them for one kind of car. I have wrote them asking for all the information as to what is needed and what type of options they offer. I will post all the details when i get them. For now who is interested.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:36 PM

I got a letter back from speedhut this afternoon and this was the details that they gave me.

The Group Leader sends a cluster to begin the Pre Order. Please don't use a personal dash cluster (we don't send clusters back). We recommend a cluster from a junkyard (it does NOT have to be in working condition. However, it does need to have everything intact - i.e., needles, cover etc).

Please send the Cluster via Ground, Mail (or another inexpensive method). Please make sure it is INSURED for your protection! *Remember to add your contact information in the package.

Once the cluster has been received the Pre Order will be added to our Model Development Program with the sender listed as the Group Leader. The Group Leader's email will be listed on the site for questions. We will be in contact with the Group Leader throughout the process.

Once we receive 25 Pre Orders we will begin tooling. We offer incentive discounts for the entire Group. *Free Text, Free Standard Graphics, Free Standard Logo's.

*We can add the Km/h version at No additional cost.

The price for our Custom Gauge Kit's are generally around $99.95 + $8.00 US S&H per Pre Order. The price for our Custom HVAC Kit's are $35.95 + $8.00 US S&H.

I have sent in another letter to them asking for option for guage face colors, backlight color, needle colors, max characters allowed for text, and more details on gaphics and logos. Last but not least if everyone has to order the same style or not. To my knowledge everyone can get theirs the way they want them. When i recieve this info i will be sure to post it up again
Old 10-19-2006, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If they will offer individual options for all aspects (color on color, backlighting, needle, custom graphics), then I'm in. Get some more details.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by PpAzZ1101
If they will offer individual options for all aspects (color on color, backlighting, needle, custom graphics), then I'm in. Get some more details.
x2 more info would be great!
Old 10-19-2006, 04:56 PM

speed hut is great i had some gauges done from them a while back they have some qaulity work if you go into there gauges that they have made already such as for an eclipse you can play with there design system and come up with that.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:58 PM

yea they are very nice. there sales people are just a little slow. Im hoping to hear from them tomarrow.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:58 PM

The sales people at speedhut are a little slow but they did reply to my questions. Not in the detail that I would've liked but good enough for now i guess. Here is their email

Once the group leader sends his cluster in then we will add that group buy to the Model Development program page. Customers can “pre-order” on that page. When a customer pre orders, their credit card will be AUTHORIZED ONLY for the full amount and then the amount will drop off (within 24-72 hours) and $1.00 will be charged.

Every pre order (HVAC, dash etc) will need its own cluster and group buy. No down payment is required. All options currently available with our other kits will be available to your group. When the cluster is shown on our site, customers can go thru the options on that page. Everyone can individually customize their own.

Thanks,
Speedhut.com
From this i can assume that if you messed around with any of the other guage setups you can get the same thing from those but for our car. Also everyone will get to order the guages their own way. Pre-orders will not be taken until a cluster has been sent to them to do production with. I am willing to try and find one to send to them for cheap seeing how they do not return it. I am willing to do this if I can get at least 24 others on here to agree to preorders becuase nothing will get done unless they get 25 orders or more. Let me know if your interested and of any questions you may have. Thanks

P.S. I may take the time and copy all of the options and transfer them over to here to and get more interest going
Old 10-23-2006, 09:29 PM

I like the idea... but here's the problem...

I won't commit until we have 25 or more definite YES's ready to pay. Reasoning: I'm not giving my credit card to hold on file for an indefinite amount of time... and I don't want a miscellaneous $1 charge for something that may never materialize.

Do some organization and I'll go in if you can get 24 or more.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:09 PM

I already tried this, they actually have a pod I sent them, nobody acted here so I gave up. Loved there gauges had em on three cars, too bad no one here wanted to pull the trigger