Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

For those that have got in trouble 4 TINTS!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those that have got in trouble 4 TINTS!

ok... well first i got a warning, followed by a ticket, which if i can remember, i payed it . then i got Another ticket and i sent it in to get appealed while already having one ticket under my belt a ****** statey gave me another one. so i went to court like last yr, appealed, and it cleared both of them, cuz i had a receipt for legal tint on the front windows... ok after a while car got broken into , so i was like **** it, i retinted front real dark. got pulled over like 3 or 4 months later.

so just went to court today for the appeal , and had pictures too, with no tints on the window and afterwards i actually just threw a 35% dark smoke on my front two windows, (the back is still at 20% though) but just as i thought , the bitch was like, well What about the time before this, cuz i know they check ur drivin record, an it showed i got in trouble for it before.......

so im going to go waste my time now in front of a judge, next month, who is just going to make me pay the $250 newways cuz he see i got in trouble for the tints before.. so im HEATED.

but regardless, has anyone else been in the same situation as me? i mean what the ****, now i still have about a 32% on the front sides (35% and it dropps 3% with factory tint ) so here 35% is Legal, so hopefully i wont even get fucked for having it 3% lower than legal. but the back is still 20.... i think its bullshit, can u even lose ur lic. for too many tint tickets? i only really have like 1 under my belt i think, but still jw. and does it ever clear off of the police's computer, wen they look your plate up and they see what violations you have>?

its gay, a cop will lookup ur plate, and see something, and pull you over to just give u another ticket for it, such as the tint of lic plate covers or watever..\

and also , do Tints(in MA.) or anyone else , add points to your lic. if u are responsible for the ticket, or do points only go on ur lic. for speeding etc...

but yea jw about you guys issues with the tints...
Old 09-11-2008, 10:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Be glad they run your record. For about 3 months I was getting pulled over 3-4 times a week because I had the same car as some pizza deliver douchebag that I guess caused a lot of trouble. I had to take it to a supervisor and threaten a lawsuit before they actually started running the plate to make sure they had the right person.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:26 AM

I just had a huge discussion on tint with people last night hangin out. Cops around here, at least, have better things to concern themselves with than window tint. Now its either St. Charles (where I am), or St Peters (blends in with St. Charles), where you plead guilty and mail whatever is needed in and they'll just drop it. There are a lot more severe problems around areas other than window tint. My friend used to own a Dodge Dakota R/T extended cab, white with 5% tint all around and that was for 3 years. The only time the truck was pulled over was because his mother borrowed his truck and was speeding. If you're in a smaller town, chances are you might not be as lucky. But around here with St. Charles and St. Peters combined, theres almost a population of 118,000 people - with huge suburbs and 1000s of businesses and shopping areas, and cops have 100 better things to issue tickets for than window tint.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:32 AM

thats true... and i agree, because the City cops here in my city, dont give a ****, they have pulled me over numerous times just to see if its a hoodlum they can arrest, but then theyr like , oh just be careful driving etc.... now STATE COPS will get you for everything! those are the ones i try to avoid, cuz they are the ones looking for vehicles that stand out and evreything else. basically town cops in my state, cant do anything about tints,......they dont even have a tint reader, therefore cannot prove its illegal.........so the town cops dont bother............untill my last ticket was by a town cop...weird,he was on a bike,and i think he was nex to some state troopers, at a construction point, an then he saw an got me, and had a tint o meter, so idk.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Banned

simple: just don't get tint.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:27 PM

ya right! Tint is one of the nicest appearance mods i think.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Banned

i rather not get tickets.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:49 PM

uhhhh i knowwwwww
Old 09-11-2008, 01:29 PM

i got a speeding ticket and they wrot eme a warning for my 35% tint in the front, rear tint any any percent is legal in ohio, but the front has to be 50% or lighter. So i noticeed small hairs in my tint and has them re-tint my windows 20%, well little do you know, within the first 3 weeks with riding with my windows up i got pulled over on the highway for tints, they wrote me a warning and told me I had 2-3 weeks to get it off to waive the ticket and fee. so i took them off myself, took my car to the police station and showd them it was off, nothing on my record and no fine, then i didn't feel like paying $100 to get it re-tinted so I bought an ebay precut tint for our cobalt for $12 shipped. i installed it myself and looks professional, so now i'm riding with 20% front and havn't had a problem but i ride everywhere with the windows down. I'm also installing power windows, #! for luxury, #2 incase i have to roll the windows down quickly when I see a cop. i plan on getting a doctors note because the sun causes moles and they could be melignant(cancerous). hopefully this flys with the cops, until then i'm rolling with my windows down.

ohh and also i was in jersey visiting my dad and got pulled over by NJ cops, they luckily didnt write me an out-of-state tint ticket and let me go on my way after searching my car and finding nothing, they tried their hardest to find a reason to write me a ticket but couldnt.

Last edited by wbrevels; 09-11-2008 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-11-2008, 03:43 PM

yea, around here, i havent heard of them saying to go to the station and show the police that u took the tint off.........u just appeal the ticket, and then u have a court date..........even at the court, they wudnt take the time to go outside and look,,,they dont care, esp if they see u got a ticket for it before, they def willl still find u responsible

btw,can u send me a link for the precut tints for 12$ cuz the only ones i found were like almost 30,

Last edited by bboyfreeflow; 09-11-2008 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost