Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

V-LEDs V3 Triton Switchbacks pre-ordered!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 09:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They seem pretty shady then if you all have been waiting this long for replacements without much in terms of response. They couldn't even respond to my email questions as a potential customer. That's too bad, the LEDs themselves (sans hardware) seem to be pretty top notch, but I am not going to give my money to those with **** poor customer support
Old 03-26-2013, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by serega12
^^ send them another e-mail. I think they had a glitch with their website change over. Same thing happened to me, waited for weeks.. just e-mailed them again a week ago or so, received my tracking number next day and received my replacement controller the following week.

EDIT: as far as light output - there you are by far the BEST and BRIGHTEST bulbs on the market. Being first of their kind, I can live with the kinks.

EDIT #2, just read your whole post, all I can say is WOW, dude.. chill out. I've dealt with these guys for over 2 years now for multiple cars and if you treat them right - they treat you right. You want to be a dick - that's what you'll probably get. I think you should give them another chance, bro.
Another chance? haha they have only had 5 months of chance after chance and considering that you have no idea how patient I have been over the last 5 months dealing with them and their lack of care and rudness for something as simple as replacing faulty wiring.
Its a pathetic, gong show and I can assure you my review above is just the facts I experienced. Its been pretty ridiculous in fact.

BUYER BEWARE- lifetime warranty is useless if u wait for months for the parts/if u get them at all.
I ordered From TRS (the retrofit source the same time, had to have a couple replacement items sent as well). They were very helpful to service under their warranties, courteous, timely, friendly, efficient, fast email response's etc. absolute champs! which is the way it should be! ( I have left the appropriate feed back on their site), Then having to deal with these chumps at vleds is like night and day. If u cant even pack a replacement shipment proper (after 5 months time) what the hell?

when u say "EDIT: as far as light output - there you are by far the BEST and BRIGHTEST bulbs on the market. Being first of their kind, I can live with the kinks".

I assume your referring to the drl light cutting in and out from faulty wiring/connectors? or maybe you are referring to the turn signal that blinks the drl white instead of the amber (bc of a faulty controller) or the turn signal that stops working all together and goes hyper blink, bulb out bc of connection problems from the faulty wiring/connectors?
I don't know about you, but when I drop a huge sum on some 'bulbs' with a lifetime warranty I expect service, and fast service at that when there is a warranty claim and its as simple as sending replacements..........especially when its a first gen model and its expected to happen as someone has already mentioned
when some one complains 'that after 5 months they still sent the wrong ones, please send the right ones' u do not respond to your customer by saying were not a good fit, send it back. U say so sorry! new set was sent out today here is your tracking number. Unbelievable.

not my vid but same issue......
Old 03-26-2013, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by EmperorJJ1
3 good rules of thumb in life.

1 customers are beta testers. If you are the first to get a new product there's a much greater chance it will have some sort of bug/problem then if u purchase it later on.

2 take negative reviews with a grain of salt. Everyone with a problem will shout from the hills about it, very few with positive experience's will say anything because its the "expected behavior" however you dont want to ignore the neg reviews.

3 treat others like you want to be treated. nothing is promised especially on the internet. most people in the service industry arent millionaires so when you are making a purchase or warranty claim you will generally be dealing with someone making not very much money and their sole "job" is to give out someone else's money. When u get sent something out for free it costs company money. and warranty or not someone is making that decision on whether to help you or not. Being stern and expressing discontent is one thing but if you are an ******* then why would anyone do a damn thing for you?

Also think about it for a second but with an internet purchase what leverage do you actually have to do anything?
I was nothing but polite and friendly for every email exchange over the last 5 months, No one was an ******* until they told me to return it as they were not a good fit (them being ********, you see?) (after 5 months of dealing with their excuses, delays and customer blame game, yeah I may of lost my temper a touc, oh well im only human and im sure all of you have never been pushed long enough and hard enough you lost your temper? come on man......
Also realize that without customers and good reviews your company will suffer more than standing by your product and replacing items fast and friendly. (not too mention most products have a huge mark up from manufacturer/shipping cost and quite frankly my concern is with a quality product I spent my hard earned money on. Not stimulating the USA's economy)
Old 03-26-2013, 07:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
After 5 months, I'd have told them to **** off and give me a refund. Glad to see posts like, becuase I will not be purchasing from them for sure
Old 03-26-2013, 10:24 PM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by victoryredturbalt
I was nothing but polite and friendly for every email exchange over the last 5 months, No one was an ******* until they told me to return it as they were not a good fit (them being ********, you see?) (after 5 months of dealing with their excuses, delays and customer blame game, yeah I may of lost my temper a touc, oh well im only human and im sure all of you have never been pushed long enough and hard enough you lost your temper? come on man......
Also realize that without customers and good reviews your company will suffer more than standing by your product and replacing items fast and friendly. (not too mention most products have a huge mark up from manufacturer/shipping cost and quite frankly my concern is with a quality product I spent my hard earned money on. Not stimulating the USA's economy)
but you said in your e-mail you responded "clearly upset and frustrated". that doesnt quite = polite and friendly. I completely understand why u would have lost ur temper but im saying logiclly that wasnt smart. loosing your temper probably made the person on the other end of the screen say f it this dude is crazy all we can do is give him a full refund. your response to that was another pissed off e-mail which in reality does nothing to help your situation at all.

If the refund isnt what you wanted then you shouldn't have been anything worse then "stern" because in the end the companies control if they are going to send you replacement anything. Your logic is they should have sent you a replacement to ensure you dont do a negative review however if your sending a highly negative email chances are you are going to do a negative review anyway.

All im saying is look at it from the other side of the fence and realize that you could have changed 10% of how you responded to the situation and you could have got exactly what you wanted (not for sure but a much much higher chance)
Old 03-26-2013, 10:25 PM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by 05RLS2
After 5 months, I'd have told them to **** off and give me a refund. Glad to see posts like, becuase I will not be purchasing from them for sure
if you read his response that's pretty much what happened and he declined the refund
Old 03-27-2013, 12:45 AM

Emperror is right, you contradict yourself on "nothing but polite" and "pissed off e-mails"

.. and for 05RLS2, if you make your decision on one negative review - you probably shouldn't buy them.

They have worked well for many people. Mine did have an issue. I addressed it without any temper or pissed off e-mails and got my issue resolved. Now they work fine.

And about the output - I was talking about amber turn signal. They are by far the brightest on the market.

I've had many positive experiences in the past with V-LEDs and V-HIDs when they had them. This time they tried something new and it had a flaw in it. Could they have done it better? definitely. Am I going to leave negative reviews and bash the company and their service because my replacement parts got sent later? Probably not. But to each their own...
Old 03-27-2013, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by 05RLS2
All honesty I would go the refund route....however my thinking is this.....if they are too incompetent to pack a small box with what was to be shipped, I even confirmed again when they emailed the shipping info with an incomplete listing of the wirings that were needing replaced (which caused another 3 day delay) and it was still sent without the proper items, then I def don't trust them to figure out the process to get my money back. Plain and simple.

Last edited by victoryredturbalt; 03-27-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by EmperorJJ1
but you said in your e-mail you responded "clearly upset and frustrated". that doesnt quite = polite and friendly. I completely understand why u would have lost ur temper but im saying logiclly that wasnt smart. loosing your temper probably made the person on the other end of the screen say f it this dude is crazy all we can do is give him a full refund. your response to that was another pissed off e-mail which in reality does nothing to help your situation at all.

If the refund isnt what you wanted then you shouldn't have been anything worse then "stern" because in the end the companies control if they are going to send you replacement anything. Your logic is they should have sent you a replacement to ensure you dont do a negative review however if your sending a highly negative email chances are you are going to do a negative review anyway.

All im saying is look at it from the other side of the fence and realize that you could have changed 10% of how you responded to the situation and you could have got exactly what you wanted (not for sure but a much much higher chance)
I don't kiss ass. I am the customer having issues with their products, requesting replacements under their "lifetime warranty". I want a proper working product that I paid for, has nothing to do with leaving reviews. I have realistic expectations for a certain min. quality, when that is not met, I expect the situation to be rectified ASAP at their expense, not mine (this include 5 months of my time emailing them back and forth for a simple fix that should have been over and done with back in January when the first email was sent outline the multiple issues I had immidiatly encountered.

AGAIN I STRESS, only loss tempered email sent was the last one, after the fact of being refused replacements.
I was refused for one reason, their poor customer service.
Yes I wrote I expressed my frustration after receiving the said package incomplete. However it was not rude, I simply expressed the fact that I was frustrated with the fact that its been 5 months and the package I received was incomplete and I outlined what was missing. In which V-LEDS responded that I should return items for refund as they were not a 'good fit'. I then sent an email temp lost, this is the ONLY email where I was less then pleasant, and I agree with you 100% it does not help the situation writing when upset, however its done. Again im only human and 5 months of being rudely treated and neglected had come to a finale.
OH well only thing to do is move forward, I filed my BBB complaint and that's that.

The thing with written word on a site is that it contains no emotion other than what the writer attempts to make and the readers own perception of what was written. Sorry if what I originally gave the impression I was less then kind and simply looking for a proper resolution. (replacements sent out).
Again I wrote all this info so others can decide for themselves off my review and other online reviews (which I assure there are more than mine re-guarding the crap cust. service at V-LEDS.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:21 PM

[QUOTE=serega12;6980305]

And about the output - I was talking about amber turn signal. They are by far the brightest on the market.

QUOTE]

yes they are the brightest to date............. when they worked (about 3min).
Old 03-28-2013, 12:03 AM

[QUOTE=victoryredturbalt;6980624]

QUOTE]

yes they are the brightest to date............. when they worked (about 3min).
LOL... that's funny, man.

Oh, and I think they did have a lot of issues with them, because when I asked them for a replacement controller (mine acted up when I first got it), they said "we can either send you a replacement or give you a full refund if you'd like"... I think it's part of their standard answer because of issues they had.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:56 AM

Old 03-29-2013, 08:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Vleds just sent an email apologizing for delays with preorders and all that
a company has their flaws. but im sure they get alot of emails per day
give em a break!
Old 03-30-2013, 08:11 PM

re read whats already been written regarding chances................... I have for 5 months, chance after chance etc.
Thanks for the constructive input tho.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:33 PM

still never installed mine. ill see if i have problems when i do tho.
than contact support and see if i have any problems contacting them
Old 04-07-2013, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Cobalt08LS
still never installed mine. ill see if i have problems when i do tho.
than contact support and see if i have any problems contacting them
I wish u the best of luck brother.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:23 AM

Well, the idea was good at least. ... let's wait for V2.0, shall we? Smaller controller and built-in resistors? Almost sounds too good to be true, but we'll see.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:34 PM

anyone get the V2? im selling my V1 because i have seen the pics of the V2 and am alot more impressed with the wiring and the controller with built in resistor
Old 05-26-2013, 10:47 PM

After they switched out the controller that was acting funny my V1's work flawlessly. I won't replace them unless they screw up. And GLWS on the V1s...
Old 05-26-2013, 11:08 PM

I got the V2's through warranty. They've been working a lot better than the V1's I had.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:13 PM

If mine fail, I'll ask for replacement too, but for now I'm not up to taking apart my front end.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:57 AM

After they switched out the controller that was acting funny my V1's work flawlessly. I won't replace them unless they screw up. And GLWS on the V1s...
sold them in 5 mins for 100 bux shipped
Old 05-28-2013, 07:58 AM

yeah the v2 look ALOT BETTER connectors everything. ONE controller for everything is ALOT more easier. the v1 had the 1 controller than the resistor. the main controller was pretty big. the v2 look alot better. jake told me the controller is half the size of a slim ballest!

Last edited by Cobalt08LS; 05-28-2013 at 08:22 AM.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:31 PM

If anyone is interested, here is a pic of the v3 5000k switch backs v.1
-Right and left upper corner lights drl v3
-Right and left upper corner lights amber hazards on
-Fog lights 5000k 50w ballast
Old 05-28-2013, 12:53 PM

love it! cant wait get my gen 2 of the v3

Quick Reply: V-LEDs V3 Triton Switchbacks pre-ordered!