Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

What I've Been Looking For For So Long... Questions!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I've Been Looking For For So Long... Questions!

I apologize in advance for a lengthy post but I am pleased to announce that I have finally, after years of searching and constant procrastination, found a Cobalt SS front bumper cover. But wait.. There's more.
I found a website waaay down at the bottom of my Google search with the bumper I was looking for, (the one withOUT the freakin vent holes and WITH slots for a lower lip) but of course it said "out of stock." The price was decent so I figured I'd at least call and see if they could somehow get their hands on another one but low and behold they had one in stock. Then he said "You know what.. I've actually got the lower valance for that as well. Last ones we're keeping in stock since the Cobalt is discontinued."
And both the prices he quoted me were less expensive than what was on the website.

They should be here on Friday

Next to buy is the SS/TC upper mesh.. Leaving out the lower for intercooler

I've had a crappy fiberglass bumper on there for about three years now that's a speed bump away from falling off and the entire middle section broke off on the highway last week so I decided it was time to suck it up and pull the trigger.
NOW.. Where should I get it painted? Hahahaha I don't mean to beat a dead horse here but I have experience in auto painting so I was planning on prepping it myself I just don't have the tools or the space to paint it. I feel like 80% of a good paint job is in the prep anyways so I'm not really afraid to take it to Maaco I guess I just want to know if I should be?
Lastly, OEM SS foglights. They are projectors, yes? Where can I find them? Or better ones that will still fit in the stock openings? I plan to wire them to a switch so I can have them on when I want them on. Any reasons why this wouldn't be possible?
You guys are awesome
Old 04-04-2012, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what is the website??

im looking for the same xD
Old 04-04-2012, 04:00 PM
AWD > FWD

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by blackonwhitecobalt
what is the website??

im looking for the same xD
he just said he got the last one and they weren't stocking them anymore

OP, any body should should be able to paint it no problem. Send buyhids.com a pm, I believe they can source out the factory fog lights, as well as a harness for them. You could get them from CED or GMPD as well. Factory fogs are pretty good actually.