Autocross and Road Racing Road racing is not “street racing”

First solo trackday

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 12:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First solo trackday

Went to a trackday sponsored by the Music City Mustang Cluba a few weeks ago. It was only my second trackday but I was able to drive without a instructor which was awesome. I have a lot of experience through sims, but not much real seat time. Nothing beats real world high speed driving. I had a blast, even though I had to end the day early due to some weird oil leak. Decidied to park it instead of break something, especially being 200 miles from home.

Got some video of the event that I'd like to share if that's ok, both are in car due to the club not letting anybody mount cameras outside the car. I'd actually like to ask if any of the more experienced drivers had any critques or advice on my driving (At least from what you can see in the videos). I'm always looking to improve

http://youtu.be/eco4pbvFIek

http://youtu.be/pJUDAkBU6oI
Old 06-01-2012, 10:59 AM

It's kind of hard to see anything on the track, but IMO I would get rid of the phone/GPS on the window. Seen you messing with it a few times which could be dangerous for you, but also acts as a distraction. Almost surprised they let you have that in there. If that comes loose and flies around the car, it's considered dangerous.

Only other thing is around 2:32-2:41(second vid) when you seem to go through an S turn of some type, you could probably have apexed that a little better. You took the second turn a little too sharp, which made you turn back real tight. Try to keep your line as straight as possible, and look for the apex. That way you're not snapping back and forth as much, and you'll maintain a higher speed.

Last edited by Lifter; 06-01-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:36 PM

Yeah I didnt think the phone idea was a great idea either . Thanks for the advice.