Canadian Mid East Nunavut, Manitoba, Ontario

Manitoba SS's 2007

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i like the foot covering the license plate
Old 11-09-2007, 06:59 PM

I GOT BORED AT WORK THE OTHER DAY AND GOT MY PAINTER TO HOOK ME UP ON SOME THINGS . I THINK THE INJECTORS COVER TURNED OUT REALLY NICE .

Old 11-09-2007, 08:08 PM

[QUOTE=Neutrino;1649738][QUOTE=ssnipes;1647933]I have to say the SILVER SRT4 is my favorite for looks.

Amen to that....Pavel, my silver srt will be up and running by summer. If Brent EVER gets back to me
I will remind him, he's been very busy the last few months, he sold his house last week and we have 3 weeks to move him out. As soon as that's done and all of his other private things he's going through are sorted out I'm sure he'll take care of you
Old 11-09-2007, 09:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jefferyss
So , Does Anyone Know How To Wire In Or Where I Can Wire In A Shift Light . . . I Have 1 And The Directions Are A Little Vauge. Or Does Anyone Know Where The Electronic Ignition Is . . . .someones Gotta Know Lol

My son bought me an Autometer Shift Light for Fathers Day. I contacted Autometer and they sent me the wiring schematics to install it. I also needed two other parts. They had me cutting the power wire to the injectors (which I don't like) so I took it back to Advanced. I deleted everything otherwise I'd send it to you. BTW....how's the weather? Drink a Tim Horton's for me!! ey
Old 11-09-2007, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by shadowfaxss
My son bought me an Autometer Shift Light for Fathers Day. I contacted Autometer and they sent me the wiring schematics to install it. I also needed two other parts. They had me cutting the power wire to the injectors (which I don't like) so I took it back to Advanced. I deleted everything otherwise I'd send it to you. BTW....how's the weather? Drink a Tim Horton's for me!! ey
omg a outsider eh! forsure everytime i drink a timmy's coffee or ride my sled dog to work ill think of you eh!
Old 11-09-2007, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by ProjektCobalt
omg a outsider eh! forsure everytime i drink a timmy's coffee or ride my sled dog to work ill think of you eh!
I lived there for six months last year (May through November). I even have a Canadian SIN. Will probably come to visit one of these days to meet some of my friends.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:35 PM

did u live in winnipeg by chance?
Old 11-09-2007, 10:41 PM

did u live in winnipeg by chance?
Work assignment. I stayed in the Greenwood for that period. I came home for the weekend every other week. Wasn't too impressed with the pancake terrain but the people there are great!! I assignment had me expend about 70 - 80 hours a week so I didn't get to do alot of the things I wanted to do. My assignment ended the weekend of the Grey Cup. Never made it to a Bombers game!! Good luck to them this Sunday......
Old 11-09-2007, 10:42 PM

haha thats awesome, come by sometime in summer and meet up with us cobys haha
Old 11-09-2007, 10:48 PM

I most certainly will.....
Old 11-09-2007, 11:44 PM

I most certainly will.....
i appreciate the help with the shift light , so it turns out i have to find where the coil is on my 07 sc to wire in the green wire on this light.black and red are basic but the green is for the actually shift light lol , guess we will keep serching

thanks again for the concerns and welcome home lol
Old 11-10-2007, 01:20 AM

hey quick question for you ss/scs guys who do alot of modding..how come you never went with GMS3? ive been reading on it and it seems like a good bang for you buck..500 bucks for a new pcm upgrade, nitrous tune and smaller pulley and cooling mods? just curious not sounding negative at all..
Old 11-10-2007, 01:53 AM

hey quick question for you ss/scs guys who do alot of modding..how come you never went with GMS3? ive been reading on it and it seems like a good bang for you buck..500 bucks for a new pcm upgrade, nitrous tune and smaller pulley and cooling mods? just curious not sounding negative at all..
no warranty....no A/C....
Old 11-10-2007, 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by SS_Ry
no warranty....no A/C....
null and voids all gm warranty a.s.a.p ! it's an option if your off warranty but not worth it under, i i saw somewhere there were stage kits up to like stage 6 or 7 and it just got crazy at that point lol. cant remember where that was though
Old 11-10-2007, 02:33 AM

i want a skyline
Old 11-10-2007, 03:56 AM
MaJ

i saw somewhere there were stage kits up to like stage 6 or 7 and it just got crazy at that point lol. cant remember where that was though
Those stage kits are from another company, they aren't GM brand ones. Also, GMS2 is about equal to that other company's Stage 4 (if it's the one i'm thinking of anyway..)
Old 11-10-2007, 03:57 AM

I was reading a page from a Company that is under the Supported Vendors, and it talked about stage 6+, but that included either NOS, or a METH set up.. new injections (to drunk to think, I am re-reading this many times over, I could be wrong), etc. but it all void warrenty. It did consist of smaller pulley, new injector's and as well either NOS, or having to do with a METH injection.

But for my car, as I said in the past, I think my car is fast enough for me, I like the speed and the whine, I may get a stage 2 just cause, but other wise, I am going for looks on my car, not speed as I think I have a fast enough car to have my kicks in..
Old 11-10-2007, 10:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ChiGoku
I was reading a page from a Company that is under the Supported Vendors, and it talked about stage 6+, but that included either NOS, or a METH set up.. new injections (to drunk to think, I am re-reading this many times over, I could be wrong), etc. but it all void warrenty. It did consist of smaller pulley, new injector's and as well either NOS, or having to do with a METH injection.

But for my car, as I said in the past, I think my car is fast enough for me, I like the speed and the whine, I may get a stage 2 just cause, but other wise, I am going for looks on my car, not speed as I think I have a fast enough car to have my kicks in..
I would go with Stage 3 with nos. low 13's are likely. gives you a 50 shot dry kit capability and high octane fuel mapping.

I may do this if I dont sublease my car. I would rather get a TC'ed SS though. I learned that I dont want to mess around with HPTuners. that is a life time project to get it tuned right. there are no good tunes out there from my experience. working with GMS2 and Stage kits in general is dummy proof and easier. you will be 13 seconds for sure. if you go with drag radials you might see 12's once in your life time but would be hard to do consistenly.

my biggest problem with consistantly doing 13.9 was the launch. that could be cured with LSD. other big problem is tires. by far that will be your best mod is DR's of course. when it came to my runs there was never any consitancy at all due to launch. If I hit my shifts welln and had a so so launch it was good for 14.2 to 14.0 consistantly.

Keep in mind guys of the clutch. mine is good for the street. I slipped at the track last time in second so I just didnt race for the rest of the day. put me in a bad mood. cant imagine how I would feel if I was snapping axles (pablo). just sucks. at least an axle is easier to change out then a clutch.

null and voids all gm warranty a.s.a.p ! it's an option if your off warranty but not worth it under, i i saw somewhere there were stage kits up to like stage 6 or 7 and it just got crazy at that point lol. cant remember where that was though
I would check with the dealer about that one. I have heard it is warranty and not warranty. My guess if your not running nos then warranty still applies. with NOS then no warranty. but again that depends on the dealer. oh as well you can switch out PCM's back and forth. put in the stock one for daily and on a track or drag day put in the other PCM. easy to do.

I can help you with that, no cutting, just use wire taps. I have I high quality ones I could mail them to you. FREE.

i appreciate the help with the shift light , so it turns out i have to find where the coil is on my 07 sc to wire in the green wire on this light.black and red are basic but the green is for the actually shift light lol , guess we will keep serching

Again I can help you with that. actually Tuesday works better for me.

Last edited by Asphalt Assault; 11-10-2007 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-10-2007, 10:36 AM

This is the shift light my son bought me. I would have also had to buy a DPSS Controller. The controller is what you wire into the ignition system and the shft light plugs into that. The controller converts the tach signal and you adjust the RPM setting.

Best thing to do is contact the manufacturer via email. They will help determine what you need and send you the schematic/instructions.

Old 11-10-2007, 12:47 PM
Banned

This is the shift light my son bought me. I would have also had to buy a DPSS Controller. The controller is what you wire into the ignition system and the shft light plugs into that. The controller converts the tach signal and you adjust the RPM setting.

Best thing to do is contact the manufacturer via email. They will help determine what you need and send you the schematic/instructions.

our **** the raptor is far easier and costs about $100 shipped. never failed, adaptable to many engines bike or car to truck obviously. Easy to change RPM limit too. no controler needed.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:55 PM

ssnipes, can you pm me your number again and i'll give you a call monday and set something up for tuesday ?
Old 11-10-2007, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by ssnipes
our **** the raptor is far easier and costs about $100 shipped. never failed, adaptable to many engines bike or car to truck obviously. Easy to change RPM limit too. no controler needed.
The Stewart Warner Shift light is like that....one unit, easy to wire (My son just started working for them).

Old 11-12-2007, 10:09 AM
Banned

Well this is old but it could help you? check out the blue line taps in the picks. way cool.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247288/4
I can get a pic of the wire on coil #1 if you like that I used. line tap and go. works good. over 2 years no problems.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:42 PM

So Mat and i were talking again about getting together for another wing night. Post up what nights work best for you. Maybe we can get more people out this time.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:13 AM

OK, so the LED lights are here. Turns out the place shipped them to my billing address instead of here, which is my cabin (went there this weekend). I'll figure out who owes what - gotta run to work. Good news is they used USPS, so no extra duty/fees/brokerage!

Quick Reply: Manitoba SS's 2007