Canadian Mid East Nunavut, Manitoba, Ontario

Manitoba's SS's 2010

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 12:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to add this to the blue lightning dispute... When we raced eachother at gimli, at about midtrack that son of a gun pulled on me like he had nos. I'd say his dyno numbers aren't too far off. Plus he is running meth and dual pass. That meth is amazing. Once Dustin does mounts and slicks, header and exhaust, that thing is gonna be a beast!
Old 10-03-2010, 02:53 AM
Got Bewst?

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by crazy-eh666
Just to add this to the blue lightning dispute... When we raced eachother at gimli, at about midtrack that son of a gun pulled on me like he had nos. I'd say his dyno numbers aren't too far off. Plus he is running meth and dual pass. That meth is amazing. Once Dustin does mounts and slicks, header and exhaust, that thing is gonna be a beast!
Haha thanks man
Old 10-04-2010, 09:21 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Andy have you been getting my PM's about that interceptor
Old 10-04-2010, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pm'd this morn.

also i forgot, i also have a stock airbox with k and n filter(almost new). if you want to do an airbox mod, this is perfect. shoot me another $40 and its yours.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:44 AM

pm'd this morn.

also i forgot, i also have a stock airbox with k and n filter(almost new). if you want to do an airbox mod, this is perfect. shoot me another $40 and its yours.
Cool I was having issues with Th PM service but its all good now. I already have the K&N and Airbox mod done so you can sell those to someone else if you want. Did you get the Stg 2 of the car?
Old 10-06-2010, 09:26 PM

Alright. So I had my 2nd dyno run at Motion Performance on a SuperFlow WynDyn Dyno. Now I will say this upfront to all the folks who doubted my dyno at walls...... you were right. Walls dyno'd really high talk about a freakin happy dyno. So I apologize to any one I was harsh too I was just so surprised and excited and didnt realize dyno's could read off so much. I work in aerospace and am very use to measuring equipment that is routinley calibrated and was not expecting a well known shop to be that far off. So with out further ado the comparison numbers:

Walls Rod & Custom Mustang Dyno: 248.8 whp /229 tq

Motion Performance SuperFlow WynDyn Dyno: 215.6 whp / 187.4 tq

SO again sorry if I was snarky to more then a few folks and hope we can move on and share experiences and knowledge in this community. I will post Dyno sheets tomorrow when I have access to a scanner.

Bluelightning will post his numbers soon I am sure. To KennySpec sorry about your car dude that sucks.

Last edited by yellow dragon; 10-06-2010 at 10:08 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:05 PM
Got Bewst?

Yeah i put down 258whp/226wtq at Motion. Definatly sounds more like it. Crazy the difference in hp between the two. It was definatly hotter today then when i dynod at Walls (not making excuses). Everyone had a good dyno day except for poor Kevin. Just no luck... 271whp@4100rpm

Last edited by Bluelightning; 10-06-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well i am glad you guys got the facts for yourself.

250 is exactly what i pegged your car to be at Dustin, i highly suggest a downpipe and header. put you damn near 260-270. Tune for E85 and you can make walls numbers
Old 10-07-2010, 12:12 AM
Got Bewst?

Originally Posted by Projekt
Well i am glad you guys got the facts for yourself.

250 is exactly what i pegged your car to be at Dustin, i highly suggest a downpipe and header. put you damn near 260-270. Tune for E85 and you can make walls numbers
Well i made 258 actually. So a possible 270-280 with exhaust. Oh i always knew Walls was high. Just didn't know how high haha. Just wanted to compare with Kevin when he dynod at Walls thats all. Ya i'm ramming 18psi into a bottle neck right now lol. Full exhaust next year. Just so many options what to get. I have a 2.6" pulley sitting in my room to try once exhaust. May not run it all the time but we'll see. I wish we had E85!

Last edited by Bluelightning; 10-07-2010 at 12:17 AM.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:17 AM

that makes two of us Dustin!
Old 10-07-2010, 12:29 AM
Got Bewst?

that makes two of us Dustin!
Lol you don't need any more hp :p. But looks like Kevin is pulling the motor apart again on his car. Spark plug #1 covered in oil. Man i was looking forward to seeing his dyno numbers today
Old 10-07-2010, 12:32 AM
Got Bewst?

Anyone in for a chuckle? I sent Brian Wall a message saying my dyno numbers were 43whp different from him to Motions. Heres his reponse:

That's cool. As we have said before, a dyno is just a tuning tool. What matters is what it baslines vs what the gains are. Not what it makes vs the world. the car that went to both of the dynos was two years ago and he was a general motors warranty director checking the differences himself. At that time we were 3 hp. Being we don't talk between dyno owners I don't worry about there #s nor do I hope they worry about mine. If a person goes to dragmarts dyno, there will be a different # there. We haven't checked our calibration in a months time. It quit possible that its out of calibration. We normally check this everymonth, but being we use this dyno for tuning, we baseline and tune the gains, I really am not concerned on #s unless we have situations like this. But I will tell you this, we just had a car on our dyno, right from vickers. It is a 2010 camaro standard SS with the 6.2l. It layed down 342 to the tire. Now thinking about it, it maybe where I was picking up you rpm signal on the crank. If the signal was out of sink with the rollers, it would hav a effect on the #s.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:49 AM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
how do the hp & torque curves compare between both charts?

it sounds as though what he is saying makes sense... but there's enough there for me (personally) to read that he knows (and knew) his numbers are high, and does it that way to make happy customers... I mean you were pumped when you were making an extra 42whp.

I guess this just confirms that Projekt was right all along - I'd wager that it would have been nice for the fact that the 1st dyno spits out "happy" numbers before doling out your hard earned cash...
Were I in your shoes, I'd do my best to spread word around Winnipeg to not go there because his numbers are all wrong.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by soundjunky

it sounds as though what he is saying makes sense... but there's enough there for me (personally) to read that he knows (and knew) his numbers are high, and does it that way to make happy customers... I mean you were pumped when you were making an extra 42whp.

I guess this just confirms that Projekt was right all along - I'd wager that it would have been nice for the fact that the 1st dyno spits out "happy" numbers before doling out your hard earned cash...
Were I in your shoes, I'd do my best to spread word around Winnipeg to not go there because his numbers are all wrong.
Like i said to start, a few people i know personally have been at both, walls is always high

and projekt was right get use to saying it

just kidding, i had a pretty shitty day today but this made it all some what better
Old 10-07-2010, 09:14 AM

Heres my dyno sheets
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 10-07-2010, 09:59 AM

Thansk to Dustin for telling me about this. Funny.
YouTube - Dodge Neon Burnout gone wrong with Clutch Blowing Up
Old 10-07-2010, 10:43 AM

Like i said to start, a few people i know personally have been at both, walls is always high

and projekt was right get use to saying it

just kidding, i had a pretty shitty day today but this made it all some what better
I would have believed you sooner had you cited something to back yourself up... that is all.

I had heard last week that you were very recently in town - was this for real, or am I mistaken?
Old 10-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Got Bewst?

Lol seriously? Ok here we go again in full detail, one last time what my plan of attack was here. I was planning on dynoing at Walls and Motion BEFORE i did anything. Kennyspec a few years back went to walls with the same mods as me and put down 283whp/232wtq. Now we all know his car didn't make that but i wanted to compare his car to mine. After i dyno'd Kevin even asked me, if i really thought i made 301whp. I told him no but made 18whp more than him at Walls . I was not pumped when i got my numbers. I knew Walls was high but noone knows by how much. So i played Mythbusters to try it out haha. Me going to Walls was merely an experement to see for myself because i wanted to go there anyways. You hear some people close between Walls and Motion, you head some poeple being way off between the two. I. Never. Thought. I. Was. Making. 301whp. After. Walls
Old 10-07-2010, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Bluelightning
Lol seriously? Ok here we go again in full detail, one last time...[/B]
well I missed that.

I had understood that you were skeptical, but open to the idea of them being right...
but it really doesn't matter, and you didn't have to explain it to me - so there was no need for "one last time".

Old 10-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Got Bewst?

well I missed that.

I had understood that you were skeptical, but open to the idea of them being right...
but it really doesn't matter, and you didn't have to explain it to me - so there was no need for "one last time".

Well i said why i went to walls a few posts up. Sorry man i wasnt trying to bash on ya. I guess it was the same thing in the thread i made. It was like a broken record, having to explain over and over. Didn't mean to direct that at you. Well ebristol made 303whp with full bolt ons, 2.6" pulley and E85. I knew with a few bolt ons and some meth i wasn't making 2whp less than him. I wish haha
Old 10-07-2010, 06:39 PM

I would have believed you sooner had you cited something to back yourself up... that is all.

I had heard last week that you were very recently in town - was this for real, or am I mistaken?
this is false.

where are these rumors coming from hahaa

when i am in town, which will be soon. Ill have a tune ready with your name on it
Old 10-07-2010, 10:55 PM
Got Bewst?

when i am in town, which will be soon. Ill have a tune ready with your name on it
You ditching the GMS1 Jon?
Old 10-07-2010, 11:38 PM

this is false.

where are these rumors coming from hahaa

oh?

trying to tease me huh?

Originally Posted by Bluelightning
You ditching the GMS1 Jon?
no.

but a $25 ECM says "spare" (wink-wink, nudge-nudge)... ontop of stage1
Old 10-07-2010, 11:46 PM

oh?

trying to tease me huh?

no.

but a $25 ECM says "spare" (wink-wink, nudge-nudge)... ontop of stage1
Funny thing, i had a girl tell me that exact same thing sunday night
Old 10-07-2010, 11:59 PM

Funny thing, i had a girl tell me that exact same thing sunday night
I wish I could say the same...

Haven't been having any luck charming the ladies of late...

Quick Reply: Manitoba's SS's 2010