Canadian Mid East Nunavut, Manitoba, Ontario

Ontario Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canada

Originally Posted by truray4
My personal opinion is people should wait. SCT will be coming out with their own software to tune our vehicles. They have the most advanced software programs and are the favourite among the SVT Cobra crowd. Here is a video of my friends car on the dyno. He is also the guy who wants to tune our cars when he SCT releases the software. Enjoy.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/7...bbcca4b744.htm

hahaaha DINZMORE!!! yeah that thing is crazy

GEORGIAN COLLEGE!!!
Old 07-05-2006, 09:54 AM

Sorry outpr4mz that post was not by dinsmore. Why would dinsmore post on this site anyways???
Old 07-05-2006, 10:01 AM

I Saw The Video, And It Said Dinsmore... Its Funny, Chill Out Buddy
Old 07-05-2006, 10:11 AM

hey meister

why don't u do a tune for us
most of the shops that do mustang tune turned me down straight out, cause they had no idea where to begin.

some of use, ( like me are in dier need of a tune ) and am willing to spend the money and do it right, and right now
Old 07-05-2006, 10:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you want to do it right, wait for SCT. The reason I will not tune with anything else is because of the poor quality software, poor quality hardware and the lack of knowledge by these companies when trying to work within OEM specs. In the ford market, i have had this debate regarding SCT .vs Diablo and other companies. I will never rush to be the first, just to be the first. I would rather do it proper and earn your business.

One prime example is SCT .vs HP/Diablo with other gm products. The other guys have no understanding of how a maf system should be controlled or what hardware to use, so on big power car's these guys just unplug the meter and tune it speed density. This is working backwards and makes no sense what so ever.

The day this software is out, we will have a killer setup available with some unique pulley combinations.

These car's are like baby cobra's, and all you have to do is look what we have done with cobra's - fastest in canada along with the fastest 96+ mustangs in canada.

All of our R&D on the cobra's will transfer over to these vehicles. After lurking and looking at various combo's, there is way more power to be had by changing setup's and with a PROPER custom tune
Old 07-05-2006, 10:18 AM

I am not freaking out, just puzzeled why you thought it was dinsmore. I understand you know matt, but he isn't the only one who knows meister from Georgian
Old 07-05-2006, 10:21 AM

the thing is I need to tune for these cams badly, I can't wait another 6months to a year for SCT.

I'm looking for a good tune now. there is really nothing stopping me later and getting it tuned later with SCT.

thats why I choose not to buy HP Tuners yet. I wanted to wait a little longer and see what else where my options.

but that doesn't change the fact that I need a tune now
Old 07-05-2006, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by truray4
I am not freaking out, just puzzeled why you thought it was dinsmore. I understand you know matt, but he isn't the only one who knows meister from Georgian

his name was in the credits at the end of the clip
Old 07-05-2006, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by player_1
the thing is I need to tune for these cams badly, I can't wait another 6months to a year for SCT.

I'm looking for a good tune now. there is really nothing stopping me later and getting it tuned later with SCT.

thats why I choose not to buy HP Tuners yet. I wanted to wait a little longer and see what else where my options.

but that doesn't change the fact that I need a tune now
i understand and re-tuning car's is something i do every day...i HATE seeing people waste money though....all that wasted money could go towards more modifications. I understand how important this is for you guys, that is why R&D has already begun on performance parts, hardware upgrades such as maf's (most of you are probally pegging the meter at this point)
Old 07-05-2006, 10:32 AM

how long do you think it will take SCT to catch up?
Old 07-05-2006, 10:34 AM

how long do you think it will take SCT to catch up?
I am waiting to hear back....but when i spoke with them a few months they were hoping for early fall.

Remember, it's not catching up when you are a leader .
Old 07-05-2006, 10:39 AM

so what would a good tune cost us at your shop
Old 07-05-2006, 11:52 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 265 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by meister
If you want to do it right, wait for SCT. The reason I will not tune with anything else is because of the poor quality software, poor quality hardware and the lack of knowledge by these companies when trying to work within OEM specs. In the ford market, i have had this debate regarding SCT .vs Diablo and other companies. I will never rush to be the first, just to be the first. I would rather do it proper and earn your business.

One prime example is SCT .vs HP/Diablo with other gm products. The other guys have no understanding of how a maf system should be controlled or what hardware to use, so on big power car's these guys just unplug the meter and tune it speed density. This is working backwards and makes no sense what so ever.

The day this software is out, we will have a killer setup available with some unique pulley combinations.

These car's are like baby cobra's, and all you have to do is look what we have done with cobra's - fastest in canada along with the fastest 96+ mustangs in canada.

All of our R&D on the cobra's will transfer over to these vehicles. After lurking and looking at various combo's, there is way more power to be had by changing setup's and with a PROPER custom tune
If you don't have HPTuners how can you say they are inferior? What basis are you you going by? They have tuned many different vehicles. Are you saying the software is crap or that the people using it don't know what they are doing?
As well Westers Garage now offers tuning for our cars and Lyndon also has a long history of doing various types of vehicles. What about his tunes?
Old 07-05-2006, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mase
ok so I went to TAG to see what kind of facility they got and I was very impressed. These guys really know what they're doing, they got a 600+HP civic to 1300HP mustang...to tuning speed boats. I showed them my setup and the guy knew everything, he even showed me how with the MAF-T you only get top end power, where with the GM tune you have the low end aswell. Now I told them how I want around 300HP and he recommended installing a methenol injection system which will simply cool the engine and boost octane.

I'm going to order HP Tuner (if Jon hasen't already), but this is where I'm going to get mine tuned and who ever else wants just give them a call.
WOW!! Is there another place with the same name? The TAG I went to was a joke. Their WB O2 sensor melted on the second run and I pretty much wasted $135. Sorry, but all these guys care about is building their own cars, not their potential customers.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by victory_red_SS
If you don't have HPTuners how can you say they are inferior? What basis are you you going by? They have tuned many different vehicles. Are you saying the software is crap or that the people using it don't know what they are doing?
As well Westers Garage now offers tuning for our cars and Lyndon also has a long history of doing various types of vehicles. What about his tunes?
I have used HP's software in the past for a friend of mine who purchased it, looked into purchasing prior to buying SCT so i know how they control the PCM. Every company such as diablo, hp, sct does not setup pcm control the same....each has their own methods for things such as scaling values and tables.

I have used all domestic software available to date and use only 1 for good reason.

Because Diablo always supplies aftermarket manufacturers with tuning, does that mean they are better because they are chosen by company's such as Vortech? SCT has refused to tune most of the aftermarket kits because they are not setup proper to provide for OEM quality tuning.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:18 PM

So what about cost, what are we looking at?
Old 07-05-2006, 12:25 PM

We charge $250/hr for the first hour and $125/hr evert hour after that. These vehicles will take about 1hr to tune.

We require an exhaust bung welded before the catalytic convertor(s) and proper injectors, mass air and other fuel system components necessary to supply adequate fuel. We make fuel system suggestions based on scientific calculations, not assumptions. Also when adding more boost, a colder spark plug with closer gap is required.

You are also required to purchase the SCT X2, which will be selling for around $475-500.00

With the X2 you have 2 programs saved to the device with on device adjustments and soon to come will be datalogging via the X2.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:28 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by meister
I have used HP's software in the past for a friend of mine who purchased it, looked into purchasing prior to buying SCT so i know how they control the PCM. Every company such as diablo, hp, sct does not setup pcm control the same....each has their own methods for things such as scaling values and tables.

I have used all domestic software available to date and use only 1 for good reason.

Because Diablo always supplies aftermarket manufacturers with tuning, does that mean they are better because they are chosen by company's such as Vortech? SCT has refused to tune most of the aftermarket kits because they are not setup proper to provide for OEM quality tuning.
I am creating a 500+hp Cobalt and the engine is being built at JBP as we speak. This needs a tune and that is soon. The question again is, "are you saying that HPTuners software is crap, inferior, bad quality, poorly written"? Or is it that you are trained on SCT and you are biased? Considering the need and demand for tuning for our cars these questions need to be answered as right now HPTuners or Westers Garage are our only two choices. As well one of these will be tuning my car and if we get great numbers, that will go along way to getting others to use the same software.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by victory_red_SS
I am creating a 500+hp Cobalt and the engine is being built at JBP as we speak. This needs a tune and that is soon. The question again is, "are you saying that HPTuners software is crap, inferior, bad quality, poorly written"? Or is it that you are trained on SCT and you are biased? Considering the need and demand for tuning for our cars these questions need to be answered as right now HPTuners or Westers Garage are our only two choices. As well one of these will be tuning my car and if we get great numbers, that will go along way to getting others to use the same software.
If the car needs to be tuned now, go with HP and get retuned when SCT releases their stuff.....you do not really have a choice.

I tune with SCT, FAST and BigStuff3...it has nothing to do with being trained in anything. It has to do with not wanting to put my name behind something that will create poor quality tunes. Before buying SCT's software, i tried HP for GM's and Diablo for GM, Ford, etc and I did not like how they control the pcm....SCT is the only one who allows OEM style control
Old 07-05-2006, 12:41 PM

so Meister

can you make any suggestions for my tune? check my SIG for the details of what I have, and ordered
Old 07-05-2006, 12:47 PM

There are many ways to approach this. Firstly, you need adequate fuel supply. There is about 75-100hp head loss between the pump and injectors, meaning, if you upgrade the fuel line you can extend the duty cycle of the pumps. Also, I would upgrade the power wire from the battery to the fuel pump, also reducing duty cycle of the pumps.

A larger fuel pump will be required, and/or a boost a pump, which increases the voltage to the pump. A larger range maf will be needed, such as the new vette maf, which is good for 500hp or we are working on using "ford" meters on GM vehicles.

I will need to look into this a bit more to provide exact parts and part numbers.....once I get one to tune, i will develop a full bolt on fuel system, maf, etc

Do not forget ignition.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:02 PM

holy you really think all that would be necessary! on top of my 65lb injectors.

as far as a 75-100HP loss, if you plan on gaining that much power from your bolt on system, you might as hell tell your customers that they must replace the stock pidton heads, because they're vary if after 300HP
Old 07-05-2006, 01:05 PM

holy you really think all that would be necessary! on top of my 65lb injectors.

as far as a 75-100HP loss, if you plan on gaining that much power from your bolt on system, you might as hell tell your customers that they must replace the stock pidton heads, because they're vary if after 300HP
Regardless of injectors, you still have the pump and lines to worry about. Pumps work on a duty cycle, and if at 100% FP will start to drop off regardless of the injectors you have.

You can lower the duty cycle of a pump with larger lines and a bigger gauge power wire. With a larger fuel line, you can extend the pumps an extra 75hp or so before having to change the pump

Also, the rails would be something to address at higher hp levels but i need to examine the fuel system in more detail. I work like the OEM's to provide perfect drivability and reliability.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:10 PM

what I ment is that you really think the stock fuel pump and lines, are that bad that they'd have to be replaced, to get a goods tune with my mods.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:15 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

what I ment is that you really think the stock fuel pump and lines, are that bad that they'd have to be replaced, to get a goods tune with my mods.
There goes more cash Ed. Better talk to Mev and see what his plans are for you and I.

Quick Reply: Ontario Tuning