Canadian Mid East Nunavut, Manitoba, Ontario

VIU Inspections In Winnipeg. Who Has Has The Pleasure Of Having To Do One?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 08:15 PM
Got Bewst?

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
VIU Inspections In Winnipeg. Who Has Has The Pleasure Of Having To Do One?

Just been reading and seeing all this crap thats been going on with VIU inspections on cruze night ect that seems to be getting worse and worse. Like setting one up right beside a charity car show and nailing people with absolutley stupid crap! In one inspection 54 of 58 vehicles got ticketed or towed! I'm almost scared to drive my car. The only way to pass inspection seems to be to have a totally bone stock car and even then it can be sketchy. I havent had to do one yet thankfully but was wondering if anyone on here has? What did you get ticketed for?
Old 07-30-2010, 05:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah...i dont even bother with driving on sundays anymore. Seems like they just ticket for no reason and expect you to fight it in court or pay.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:34 AM
Got Bewst?

Originally Posted by SS_Ry
yeah...i dont even bother with driving on sundays anymore. Seems like they just ticket for no reason and expect you to fight it in court or pay.
It's bullshit. I've actually met a few guys on here and we meet up Sundays and just shoot the ****. But now you cant go out without getting hassled for no reason
Old 07-30-2010, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Bluelightning
It's bullshit. I've actually met a few guys on here and we meet up Sundays and just shoot the ****. But now you cant go out without getting hassled for no reason
We were threatened with the same here in London, ON at one point since we meet on Sundays at the same location. They were looking to charge us with damned near everything in the book even though we told them time and time again we're not the ones lleaving rubber in the lot, we're not the ones causing bs on the roads around here, etc. Thankfully they caught/charged the ones causing the problems and we've been left alone since.

On one occasion after this an MTO rep. went so far as trying to charge a friend of mine with a Mustang done up to the 9s with street racing due to the mods he had done to his car alone. The car was off, he wasn't in it and they were clearly just there to harass him. Great waste of my tax dollars if you ask me, go find someone who's up to no good like driving without insurance or a license and leave us the **** alone. I'm assuming by "VIU" inspection you mean they're looking for modifications to the vehicle, or any reason to give you a ticket for slim to no reason at all?
Old 07-30-2010, 01:42 PM
Got Bewst?

Originally Posted by Permafried-
We were threatened with the same here in London, ON at one point since we meet on Sundays at the same location. They were looking to charge us with damned near everything in the book even though we told them time and time again we're not the ones lleaving rubber in the lot, we're not the ones causing bs on the roads around here, etc. Thankfully they caught/charged the ones causing the problems and we've been left alone since.

On one occasion after this an MTO rep. went so far as trying to charge a friend of mine with a Mustang done up to the 9s with street racing due to the mods he had done to his car alone. The car was off, he wasn't in it and they were clearly just there to harass him. Great waste of my tax dollars if you ask me, go find someone who's up to no good like driving without insurance or a license and leave us the **** alone. I'm assuming by "VIU" inspection you mean they're looking for modifications to the vehicle, or any reason to give you a ticket for slim to no reason at all?
Yup you said it. Like i'm talking ridiculous stuff. Low windshield washer fluid, ebrake being able to be pulled up too far, suspension having to be able to have 2" of travel by just them pushing on the hood or truck, exhaust has to stick out 1" past the rear bumper even though my stock exhaust doesnt. Stupid crap like that. I will say it is partially good getting vehicles that are rusted right out or falling apart off the road but if you have anything other than stock stuff on you're car they try their hardest to give you a ticket for it. If it's straight out illegal like blacked out windows i can see getting a ticket but just some of the stuff i've read just makes you shake you're head.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:45 PM

Yup you said it. Like i'm talking ridiculous stuff. Low windshield washer fluid, ebrake being able to be pulled up too far, suspension having to be able to have 2" of travel by just them pushing on the hood or truck, exhaust has to stick out 1" past the rear bumper even though my stock exhaust doesnt. Stupid crap like that. I will say it is partially good getting vehicles that are rusted right out or falling apart off the road but if you have anything other than stock stuff on you're car they try their hardest to give you a ticket for it. If it's straight out illegal like blacked out windows i can see getting a ticket but just some of the stuff i've read just makes you shake you're head.
If someone tried to fine me for low washer fluid I'd dump the jug from my trunk on their head and at least end up with an assault charge to make it worth my while . What a crock of **** that is!
Old 07-30-2010, 02:13 PM

And that's why I live in Nebraska none of the crap going on down here. Best of all no emissions testing.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:39 PM
Got Bewst?

Originally Posted by Permafried-
If someone tried to fine me for low washer fluid I'd dump the jug from my trunk on their head and at least end up with an assault charge to make it worth my while . What a crock of **** that is!
LOL i hear ya! If they started telling me stupid crap like that i would have to bite my tounge sooo hard
Old 07-31-2010, 12:36 AM

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Soo cruze afternoon Fridays anyone?
Old 07-31-2010, 11:07 PM
Got Bewst?

Originally Posted by slapbetcommissioner
Soo cruze afternoon Fridays anyone?
I would definalty be down for that! I'll talk to the regulars and see what they think. A much better idea
Old 09-11-2012, 03:39 PM

These inspections are total b/s
I went through one and the nailed me for
- gear indicator ( the 1-2-3-4-5-R on the top of the shift knob "illegal not to have it")
- license plate lights.... like come on really?
- exhaust "no waffles" im resonated and have a cat
- cracked window
Honestly none of this crap matters, i know my transmission why should i need an indicator
my window is cracked but it passed a safety
and my exhaust is totally legal
they gave me 60 days to " legalize my vehicle " or the registration would be pulled or if it was caught on the street it would be impounded
Old 09-11-2012, 04:21 PM

click i hope alberta never adopts this..... there would be some seriously pissed off people.... i bet we have the largest population in n america that have catless cars and trucks.....
Old 09-11-2012, 04:33 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Well look at the efing idiots on cruze night racing down Erin, doing burnouts on to portage, and all that ****. If people behaved the people in the neighborhood wouldn't be complaining to the cops who then start doing this ****. I say get educated know what mods you are and aren't aloud, get a copy of the VIU hand book of what the look for we know we have illeagal **** on our cars and thats our choice and risk to make. And fight it if you get nailed most of the time I hear it gets tossed in court sucks cuz thats your time getting wasted.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:33 PM
Got Bewst?

Originally Posted by DJCANTOBA
These inspections are total b/s
I went through one and the nailed me for
- gear indicator ( the 1-2-3-4-5-R on the top of the shift knob "illegal not to have it")
- license plate lights.... like come on really?
- exhaust "no waffles" im resonated and have a cat
- cracked window
Honestly none of this crap matters, i know my transmission why should i need an indicator
my window is cracked but it passed a safety
and my exhaust is totally legal
they gave me 60 days to " legalize my vehicle " or the registration would be pulled or if it was caught on the street it would be impounded
Unbelievable...
Old 09-11-2012, 04:40 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Unbelievable...
That is in the regs I have seen that.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:01 PM

Received 65 Likes on 59 Posts
Unbelievable...
I puked a little reading that.

WTF, what idiot wrote that. How is it a safety hazard if it's my car?