Canadian Mid West NW Territories, Alberta, Saskatchewan

**URGENT!!** MEDIA ACTION Regarding SYLVAN Meet

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 01:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JMAc88
Umm.. that’s just a little bit different. You were drinking and driving, a pretty well known offence.

This officer probably had to pull out the rule book just to find out how to ticket these guys. If he was just doing his job, then he would have been ticketing everyone down the street.
have you been reading the thread dude??
Old 08-15-2007, 11:05 AM

Talking Eating Crow

Originally Posted by cakeeater
have you been reading the thread dude??
Hey Cakeeater

If you have not seen the big picture here then I suggest you stop putting in your 0.01 and EAT CROW!

We are trying to bring awareness to the unwarrented abuse that sometimes, not allways gets delt to the the tuners in North America. We do not care about you getting arrested for drinking as we are dealing with the Vehicle Traffic Act and not a Federal Offence.

Any more news?

Last edited by Kaisoboy; 08-15-2007 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
has anyone found the article in the paper. i haven't been able to find it. i would really like to read it and find out what it says.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:07 PM

^^ theres an article?!
Old 08-15-2007, 03:10 PM

I think james said that the deadline was yesturday at 5:00 PM. I think that was so they could check into it today then write the article and then puplish it tomorrow. Maybe...haha
Old 08-15-2007, 03:26 PM

listen. okay, some people say this is bullshit. i say what the cop did was bullshit. a group people, parked in a parking lot, just hanging out? how is that a crime? did they speed, have their systems up, doing burn outs etc...? no. this cop was totally out of line, and this was uncalled for. tickets for parking slanted, and tints? that is ridiculous. i hope everything goes okay for u guys, and you guys get restitution. i hate how some cops have nothing better to do, than harass us for just hanging out. i just don't get it. alot of cops here are cool, but alot of cops r ******** here too. the ******* cops r probably the ones who had geo metro 3 cyls and got beat by honda 1.6 ltrs. hahahahaha.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by cobalt_driver
listen. okay, some people say this is bullshit. i say what the cop did was bullshit. a group people, parked in a parking lot, just hanging out? how is that a crime? did they speed, have their systems up, doing burn outs etc...? no. this cop was totally out of line, and this was uncalled for. tickets for parking slanted, and tints? that is ridiculous. i hope everything goes okay for u guys, and you guys get restitution. i hate how some cops have nothing better to do, than harass us for just hanging out. i just don't get it. alot of cops here are cool, but alot of cops r ******** here too. the ******* cops r probably the ones who had geo metro 3 cyls and got beat by honda 1.6 ltrs. hahahahaha.
what got this cop going was someone had phoned in a complaint about 2 black sporty looking cars doing stunts on the opposite end of the lake. nobody got any plates or even make and model they just assumed that hey there's 6 black sporty looking cars, that must have been them so lets go and bust them. thats when all hell broke loose and then we come to our current state.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:07 PM

and here is an example of what our wonderful goverment is doing.. labelling ppl...
check this out....

http://www.torontosun.com/News/2007/08/15/4420248.html
Old 08-15-2007, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by an0malous
they werent parked illegally.
the guy obviously profiled them because it was a group of similar tuner cars parked together....
and did his best to **** their day up when they were doing nothing wrong.

I dont know how things work down there....but up here basically you wont get in trouble for your tint unless you are doing something stupid like street racing, speeding, etc etc

Cops dont give out tickets for tint just because you have tint.
Actually read the first thread they WERE parked illegally based on teh laws in that town. Someone who was there was shown the law where it said they had to be pullied in nose first when parking on an angle and that the tires had to be less then 12 inches from teh curb stop.

Originally Posted by kissmySS
and here is an example of what our wonderful goverment is doing.. labelling ppl...
check this out....

So what..... Thats been the norm in the US for years. If Im doing twice the limit I goto jail get a fine ranging from 1k - 10k dollars and my car gets impounded and or crushed. You all are a bunch of whiny bitching babies. Grow up follow the law or don't get caught breaking it. I race illegally every weekend and I haven't been caught in the 7 years Ive been doing it.

Last edited by BlackedOutCoby; 08-15-2007 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-15-2007, 04:19 PM

I agree that was bs, they were profiled and were givin tickets for tint when other cars were right next to theres. You cant use the street racing thing becuase legally they cant give the other guy a ticket unless they witness the crime. And clearly there wee other cars around. EVEN if you read the origianl story the other officers thought the one cop giving the tickets was a little overboard

I talked to my neighbor who is a cop and he laughed when I said some people got a ticket just for having tint, A cop here wont go out of his way to give you a ticket for tint you have to be doin some stupid other **** for them to bust your ***** about that.

+rep for you guys!!!
Old 08-15-2007, 04:25 PM

Talking As JJ would say

Originally Posted by DaREDss
I agree that was bs, they were profiled and were givin tickets for tint when other cars were right next to theres. You cant use the street racing thing becuase legally they cant give the other guy a ticket unless they witness the crime. And clearly there wee other cars around. EVEN if you read the origianl story the other officers thought the one cop giving the tickets was a little overboard

I talked to my neighbor who is a cop and he laughed when I said some people got a ticket just for having tint, A cop here wont go out of his way to give you a ticket for tint you have to be doin some stupid other **** for them to bust your ***** about that.

+rep for you guys!!!
No..+rep for you and your Cop neighbor. DY-NO-MITE!!!!
Old 08-15-2007, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by kissmySS
check this out....

ya i read that in the calgary sun today it wasn't in as great of detail but i understood it. to me personally they are taking this way too far, that 2 million for their "survellance plane" (and yes i know that survellance is spelled wrong) could go to better use like the paramedics or hospitals or hell even trying to get the big drug dealers, but no they have to pick on the people that like cars. granted they shouldn't be doing more then 50Km/h above the speed limit but come on there going a little excessive on this.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by an0malous
they werent parked illegally.
the guy obviously profiled them because it was a group of similar tuner cars parked together....
and did his best to **** their day up when they were doing nothing wrong.

I dont know how things work down there....but up here basically you wont get in trouble for your tint unless you are doing something stupid like street racing, speeding, etc etc

Cops dont give out tickets for tint just because you have tint.
I guess you haven't been to saskatoon lately!! They hand out tickets for anything, It's a $100 fine if a cop catches you spitting, seriously they passed the bylaw last year.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Bullet
I guess you haven't been to saskatoon lately!! They hand out tickets for anything, It's a $100 fine if a cop catches you spitting, seriously they passed the bylaw last year.
Calgary just put the same laws in place - no spitting, urinating, sleeping.... the list goes on and on - apparently its part of their new effort to curb the homeless population... which is retarded how many homeless guys do you know that have 100 bucks for a ticket for spitting? Wow someone was on their game when they came up with that ******* law.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by JamesJJP
Calgary just put the same laws in place - no spitting, urinating, sleeping.... the list goes on and on - apparently its part of their new effort to curb the homeless population... which is retarded how many homeless guys do you know that have 100 bucks for a ticket for spitting? Wow someone was on their game when they came up with that ******* law.
hahaha if the homeless had $100 and used it in a smart way they would spend it on a cheap motel.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by BlackedOutCoby
Actually read the first thread they WERE parked illegally based on teh laws in that town. Someone who was there was shown the law where it said they had to be pullied in nose first when parking on an angle and that the tires had to be less then 12 inches from teh curb stop.

So what..... Thats been the norm in the US for years. If Im doing twice the limit I goto jail get a fine ranging from 1k - 10k dollars and my car gets impounded and or crushed. You all are a bunch of whiny bitching babies. Grow up follow the law or don't get caught breaking it. I race illegally every weekend and I haven't been caught in the 7 years Ive been doing it.

Dude do you even drive a cobalt? Everyone who drives these cars KNOWS that STOCK they're too low to bring your tires to the curb anyways, it would hit the bumper! So according to the law even if we pulled in straight we'd all still be parked illegally cause we'd have to be too far back to avoid wrecking our cars!

I tried explaining that to the cop, but I baisically got a "**** off" attitude from him.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:11 AM

[QUOTE=BlackedOutCoby;1335564]Actually read the first thread they WERE parked illegally based on teh laws in that town. Someone who was there was shown the law where it said they had to be pullied in nose first when parking on an angle and that the tires had to be less then 12 inches from teh curb stop.

So what..... Thats been the norm in the US for years. If Im doing twice the limit I goto jail get a fine ranging from 1k - 10k dollars and my car gets impounded and or crushed. You all are a bunch of whiny bitching babies. Grow up follow the law or don't get caught breaking it. I race illegally every weekend and I haven't been caught in the 7 years Ive been doing it.[/QUOTE]

your an idiot, go f**k yourself *******. i hope you crash your vehicle and go right through the windsheild into a wall. you dont have rights to talk after that comment. dont brag about your illegal street racing, your a tool.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:29 AM

here's a good pic from Larry with the RCMP officer parked in backwards... it's the purple car behind the truck

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/atta...2&d=1187150211

[QUOTE=tkaugh29;1337156]
Originally Posted by BlackedOutCoby

So what..... Thats been the norm in the US for years. If Im doing twice the limit I goto jail get a fine ranging from 1k - 10k dollars and my car gets impounded and or crushed. You all are a bunch of whiny bitching babies. Grow up follow the law or don't get caught breaking it. I race illegally every weekend and I haven't been caught in the 7 years Ive been doing it.[/QUOTE]

your an idiot, go f**k yourself *******. i hope you crash your vehicle and go right through the windsheild into a wall. you dont have rights to talk after that comment. dont brag about your illegal street racing, your a tool.

Hahaha well put. What a ******* douschebag, who says something like that.

Maybe if that idiot had half a brain he'd realize that the whole issue here is not about the laws it's about the ******* cop and how he handled the situation.

Last edited by bigrroberto; 08-16-2007 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-16-2007, 12:30 AM

ya unfortunetly i don't think we would be able to use that to fight the tickets not that we would do anything like that
Old 08-16-2007, 12:31 AM

I'm glad to see people stick together for once. Thats exactly how it should be. +rep
Old 08-16-2007, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by R&C_rallySS
I'm glad to see people stick together for once. Thats exactly how it should be. +rep
Thanks! for life

+rep
Old 08-16-2007, 12:38 AM

[QUOTE=bigrroberto;1337178]here's a good pic from Larry with the RCMP officer parked in backwards... it's the purple car behind the truck

Originally Posted by tkaugh29

Hahaha well put. What a ******* douschebag, who says something like that.

Maybe if that idiot had half a brain he'd realize that the whole issue here is not about the laws it's about the ******* cop and how he handled the situation.

I KNOW, HE is who the cops should be trying to catch, not us for parking backwarks and having tint. he spent lik 2 hours with us! while 2 black sporty cars were cruising around sylvan!! **** that guy is ignorant
Old 08-16-2007, 12:44 AM

[QUOTE=tkaugh29;1337274]
Originally Posted by bigrroberto
here's a good pic from Larry with the RCMP officer parked in backwards... it's the purple car behind the truck

I KNOW, HE is who the cops should be trying to catch, not us for parking backwarks and having tint. he spent lik 2 hours with us! while 2 black sporty cars were cruising around sylvan!! **** that guy is ignorant
couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:50 AM

Good luck with your fight guys--I back you 100%

I think a member of the Legisalture should be petitioned to put fourth a proposed bill to change the tint laws.

At least allowing a certain %.

I heard recently the whole reason behind the no tint on the front side windows was so cops could see into the car.

On the off chance there is a threat present.

Thats complete garbage! What about the rear side winfows? They have be lack as nigh, the cop could not tell anything!

I mean, cops knock on door houses and cannot see whats on the other side of the door!

Maybe cops should just quit if they feel so threatended by what they cannot see!
Old 08-16-2007, 01:06 AM

[QUOTE=tkaugh29;1337274]
Originally Posted by bigrroberto

HAhA yeah for sure... I just remembered something!!!

Do you remember after we left the car wash we went up about half a block then turned right then went half a block up to the main drag and then turned left... Well after we turned RIGHT, about 2 houses down, there was a black ss/sc. Dirty Unwashed... IT was probably him HAHA

Quick Reply: **URGENT!!** MEDIA ACTION Regarding SYLVAN Meet