Canadian Mid West NW Territories, Alberta, Saskatchewan

Joining the Cobalt Revolution

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 02:35 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canada Joining the Cobalt Revolution

Well I'll make my first post somewhere friendly I have decided to say good riddens to the stupid hyundai and get something with an actual aftermarket. I'm just waiting right now to find the cheepest 2.2L I can afford. I'm an Electronics Engineering Undergraduate @ Devry and I work 2 P/T jobs. I LOVE driving, I'm more of a high speed corners person than 1/4's. I love how it feels to peel through a tight corner @ over 100 Feels like total uphoria to me, all natural to me. My BIGGEST dream was to become a F-1 driver (maybe even run my own team) but that is a pipe dream that will most likely never come true. Not sure if I'll get stuck with a 4dr cobalt or not, I'm gunna try to get a 2dr LT but I doubt I can afford it. Whatever the case I do believe my car will get madd suspension mods before a turbo. I've already got a parts list goin in my head, been all over cobaltperformanceparts.com and found most of what I want. Altho I was dissapointed to not find a poly bushing set for the suspension, only engine and tranny??? Anyways HELLO ALL I AM GLAD TO BE HERE AND I HOPE I CAN SOMEHOW BE A PART OF THIS GREAT REVOLUTION
Old 05-30-2007, 02:42 PM

Welcome to the site. Search around and you'll find one in your price range.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:49 PM

Welcome
We are having a farewell meet this saturday. then cruzing to DTP. your more than welcom to come along. check out Saunders farewell meet post in the alberta regional section for times and meet location. It might be in your best intrest if you are looking to buy to talk to some of us.

Cheers
Old 05-30-2007, 02:57 PM

Devry FTW!!!!

I will be going there starting in July for accounting. They accept associates degrees so there good in my book!!!

But anyway, shoot for a 5spd. It will drop the price by about 800 bucks at least and is MUCH funner to drive. But don't feel bad if you get a 4dr. They weigh identical to the 2dr.

Welcome!
Old 05-30-2007, 02:59 PM
Banned

I wish I could but I'm right around the corner from finals (plus i'm strapped for cash stupid gas prices) but I'll forsure come sometime once i get my Cobalt or Pursuit. Till then I'll be in the forums and chat room learning everything I can. O ya and BTW lol i work with Spaz already so I've learned alot even before I decided to buy one. He's gunna help me out if he can lol already trying to convince me to buy a new cam but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Originally Posted by Kaisoboy
Welcome
We are having a farewell meet this saturday. then cruzing to DTP. your more than welcom to come along. check out Saunders farewell meet post in the alberta regional section for times and meet location. It might be in your best intrest if you are looking to buy to talk to some of us.

Cheers
Old 05-30-2007, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Midnightsky
I wish I could but I'm right around the corner from finals (plus i'm strapped for cash stupid gas prices) but I'll forsure come sometime once i get my Cobalt or Pursuit. Till then I'll be in the forums and chat room learning everything I can. O ya and BTW lol i work with Spaz already so I've learned alot even before I decided to buy one. He's gunna help me out if he can lol already trying to convince me to buy a new cam but I'm sure it'll be worth it.
Ah sweet. Chris is a great guy...aaaahhhhh
Old 05-30-2007, 03:13 PM

Hey hey! Welcome to the world of the Cobalt! You might feel the occasional hate on this site for your 2.2, but this is definitely one of the nicest sites on the internet.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by djpatrick35
Hey hey! Welcome to the world of the Cobalt! You might feel the occasional hate on this site for your 2.2, but this is definitely one of the nicest sites on the internet.
lol hate all you want on my 2.2L but I tell u this, when it's all said and done I'ma be spankin all u S/C down the 1/4 and in the corners lol may take me 5 more years but I'll get there I can't wait, I'm so excited now but I might have to wait another month stuck with this stupid hyundai elantra, so gutless.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:36 PM

lol hate all you want on my 2.2L but I tell u this, when it's all said and done I'ma be spankin all u S/C down the 1/4 and in the corners lol may take me 5 more years but I'll get there I can't wait, I'm so excited now but I might have to wait another month stuck with this stupid hyundai elantra, so gutless.
Welcome to the site!

Lets say this.. If you are putting alot of money into the 2.2, you better be spankin us 2.0l's :d if not, i think we'll be the ones spankin and laughing
Old 05-30-2007, 06:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
welcome!

theres an amusing video around here somewhere of a kid with his elantra with intake and rims, smoking ss/scs. or so he said

happy modding. hope to see you at a meet or 2 this year
Old 05-30-2007, 08:32 PM
Banned

lol don't worry, i'll bring my gay ass elantra to a meet sometime and see if I can light up someone's 2.2L lol so funny, I get decent launches from the tires i put on. Eventually i'll find my way into that cobalt i want then it's alllll goooooodd You just wait Jase lol I'ma put the phat turbo on it in the end.

btw lol that vid is NOT me I can assure u i would not waste video footage on a stupid elantra lol.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:06 PM

Well I'll make my first post somewhere friendly I have decided to say good riddens to the stupid hyundai and get something with an actual aftermarket. I'm just waiting right now to find the cheepest 2.2L I can afford. I'm an Electronics Engineering Undergraduate @ Devry and I work 2 P/T jobs. I LOVE driving, I'm more of a high speed corners person than 1/4's. I love how it feels to peel through a tight corner @ over 100 Feels like total uphoria to me, all natural to me. My BIGGEST dream was to become a F-1 driver (maybe even run my own team) but that is a pipe dream that will most likely never come true. Not sure if I'll get stuck with a 4dr cobalt or not, I'm gunna try to get a 2dr LT but I doubt I can afford it. Whatever the case I do believe my car will get madd suspension mods before a turbo. I've already got a parts list goin in my head, been all over cobaltperformanceparts.com and found most of what I want. Altho I was dissapointed to not find a poly bushing set for the suspension, only engine and tranny??? Anyways HELLO ALL I AM GLAD TO BE HERE AND I HOPE I CAN SOMEHOW BE A PART OF THIS GREAT REVOLUTION
Welcome to the evolutuion!
Old 05-30-2007, 09:11 PM

Indeed! Welcome! A friend of mine has a Sante Fe, and it is so gutless... but it SOUNDS like its going fast! lol. You'll love you're Cobalt or Pursuit when you get it. It is such a sharp handling vehicle!
Old 05-31-2007, 11:16 PM
Banned

I can't wait to mod the suspension and really HAMMER thru some corners
Old 06-01-2007, 12:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the team!
Old 06-01-2007, 01:13 AM

welcome to the site!!.. ihave a ss sc forsale?? if intrested?
Old 06-01-2007, 01:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LsJ2canada
welcome to the site!!.. ihave a ss sc forsale?? if intrested?
Can u sell it to me for $10,000???? lol that's all i can afford to do right now
Old 06-01-2007, 05:47 PM

Loans... wonderful things...

Seriously though... an SS/SC with Stage 2 for what he's selling it for is a pretty good deal in my eyes....
Old 06-01-2007, 07:46 PM

if youd rather rip around corners at high speed why would you go with a 145 HP FWD? why not a 200HP RWD? or AWD?
Old 06-01-2007, 09:20 PM

Welcome, I'm actually looking to get rid of my Cobalt SS/SC, let me know if you're interested!
Old 06-01-2007, 11:41 PM
Banned

As I said, I can only afford $10,000 for my next car, I am a student as stated b4 in earlier posts in this thread.....if someone was to be UBER NICE and sell me an SS S/C for $10,000 that'd be the craziest, nicest, most AWSOME thing to happen to me in my life..........(or trade me for the 2003 Elantra GT and my 1978 Pontiac Parisianne i currenty have...........I can't afford anything RWD or AWD right now either.

Originally Posted by tkaugh29
if youd rather rip around corners at high speed why would you go with a 145 HP FWD? why not a 200HP RWD? or AWD?
If your willing to help me out the extra like $30,000 i'd need for something good like that i'd be MORE than happy to drive it @ the track and as a daily driver for you but lol i'm being realistic, right now i cannot afford gas/payments/and possible repairs if something goes wrong.......if I get a 2.2L Balt, I work for GM so I can get help really easy and parts are cheep.......in 2 years i'll have something along the lines of a lotus

Last edited by Midnightsky; 06-01-2007 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-02-2007, 12:53 AM

i am willing to let it go for 21000

Seriously though... an SS/SC with Stage 2 for what he's selling it for is a pretty good deal in my eyes....[/QUOTE]
Old 06-03-2007, 02:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LsJ2canada
i am willing to let it go for 21000

Seriously though... an SS/SC with Stage 2 for what he's selling it for is a pretty good deal in my eyes....
[/QUOTE]

$21,000 is a hell of a bargain, makes me really want to push more for it.......more info?? details of car, specifics?
Old 06-03-2007, 02:15 AM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ill sell you my 2.2 for less then 10000
Old 06-03-2007, 03:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by REIGNftSOLDIER
ill sell you my 2.2 for less then 10000
that's ok i'll pass thx