Canadian Mid West NW Territories, Alberta, Saskatchewan

Purchasing SS/SC in Edmonton

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Purchasing SS/SC in Edmonton

Hi guys,

I'm looking to purchase a new 06 or 07 SS/SC in Edmonton. But I'm rather unfamiliar with the whole sales events and 'family pricing 'that GM (and other domestic manufacturers offer).
So essentially, I'm looking to find out:
1. What was the lowest price you got (tax-in?) for your SS/SC in Alberta?
2. Are the Chevy dealers flexible with sticker price?
3. Which is the best dealership (In Edmonton) to go to?

Any advice you guys can lend towards me would be greatly appreciated.

Anyways, the reason why I've narrowed my search down to this car was sheerly pricing and what it had to offer. I am a Honda faithful but I've been finding their prices to be far too inflated for what you got. But I have been looking at cars such as the RSX-S, Civic Si-R, SRT-4 ('06?), Golf GTi, SE-R, Lancer Ralliart. Since I want to go to grad school next year, price will definitely take precedance. And 0% finance is definitely tempting.

I'm not looking for any crazy mods, from what I've read; intake, torque dampener, GM stage 2 is what I would look into. As well, I like the fact that use forged pistons and Na exh valves (relatively built engine... esp. compared to hondas).
Old 07-06-2006, 01:12 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 265 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by obecalp
Hi guys,

I'm looking to purchase a new 06 or 07 SS/SC in Edmonton. But I'm rather unfamiliar with the whole sales events and 'family pricing 'that GM (and other domestic manufacturers offer).
So essentially, I'm looking to find out:

Any advice you guys can lend towards me would be greatly appreciated.

Anyways, the reason why I've narrowed my search down to this car was sheerly pricing and what it had to offer. I am a Honda faithful but I've been finding their prices to be far too inflated for what you got. But I have been looking at cars such as the RSX-S, Civic Si-R, SRT-4 ('06?), Golf GTi, SE-R, Lancer Ralliart. Since I want to go to grad school next year, price will definitely take precedance. And 0% finance is definitely tempting.

I'm not looking for any crazy mods, from what I've read; intake, torque dampener, GM stage 2 is what I would look into. As well, I like the fact that use forged pistons and Na exh valves (relatively built engine... esp. compared to hondas).
Pistons are not forged. Sorry I can't answer any of your questions.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by obecalp
1. Expect to pay ~27,500 with the best possible discounts right now for a 2006 SS/SC with the LSD/Recaro.
2. Not a lot. Expect more flexibility if you have a trade in or some cash down.
3. Stony Plain, Competition Chev. 15 minutes out of west Edmonton.

- Solo
Old 07-07-2006, 12:52 AM

don't expext too much of a discount. It is a rare car and they know it. They have to search all over canada for them. Mine came from some small ass town in manitoba. The guy that got one after me had his coming from newfoundland! I paid 31k after taxes. Just gouge them for oil changes, tint, a free shirt and hat (haha). And try to get stage 2 with a free install.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:12 PM

Thanks for the info guys! Gives me a good idea. I looked at the Acura CSX which was a lot more pricier than I thought, $31.5K + tax for the premium after some price negotiation.

One thing that I'm rather adamant on is that I don't want the Recaro Perfomance Package Or the sunroof. I'm not too fond of the recaro seats and from the literature that I've read, the LSD doesn't appear to be anywhere as aggressive as I'd like it to be. But an option I'd like would be the airbags, but it seems like the dealers like to order in the cars will all the kit together. But essentially, I just want the no frills SS/SC. As well, I have no qualm with waiting for one.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:09 AM

Your best bet is order an '07 then. Get it from the factory with the options you want.

- Solo
Old 07-08-2006, 03:22 AM

the guys are right, you will pay full retail, unless you catch a sales manager screwing a sheep.

mine was 26,000 w/o recaro. 2006 westgate. the only reason i bought there, was it is 2 blocks from my home, and iscrewed the same salesman out of a full retail deal on my silverado SS. i felt a lil giulty 2 yrs later.

ps. unless you find a dealer with the exact car you want, with the options you want, the only hope of getting that car, is by approaching a dealer with actaul inventory of an ss s/c that they are willing to trade another dealer, to get the car you want.

Last edited by firestorm; 07-08-2006 at 03:39 AM.