Canadian North East Quebec, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia

Possibly selling the cobalt

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 01:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yeah still have the balt
Old 08-21-2009, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
everyone wants out of their balts lol.....i think im goin to check out the rubicon i want tonight
Old 08-21-2009, 06:17 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So im going drag racing one last time with the cobalt. Stripping the car this weekend and then Wed. the 370 will be ready for me to pick up.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:54 PM

I just wish the would give us the full answer and just let us know if we are 100% approved instead of this 99.9%bs....that doesn't help us when we need to strip a car almost completey back to stock in two days after Monday when we get the full answer from the bank....bah,just let us be and let us have the car already
Old 08-21-2009, 07:15 PM

I was going to post that it seems absolutely crazy that you are going to spend over $750/month on just a car payment. At that payment your balt would be paid in less than 2 years.

But then I checked your profile and noted you are a member of the Canadian Armed Forces. That alone changes my attitude. You risk your life on behalf of Canada, so I really don't have any right to comment on how you want to spend you money. Thanks to you and all Armed Forces members.

In the end, the 370Z is by far one of the best looking cars on the road (in my opinion) regardless ofthe price and if it is what you want - I am glad you got it.

Thanks again and be safe.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tygriff
I was going to post that it seems absolutely crazy that you are going to spend over $750/month on just a car payment. At that payment your balt would be paid in less than 2 years.

But then I checked your profile and noted you are a member of the Canadian Armed Forces. That alone changes my attitude. You risk your life on behalf of Canada, so I really don't have any right to comment on how you want to spend you money. Thanks to you and all Armed Forces members.

In the end, the 370Z is by far one of the best looking cars on the road (in my opinion) regardless ofthe price and if it is what you want - I am glad you got it.

Thanks again and be safe.
thanks for the comment about the armed forces. I do agree though, it is alot of moeny to spend. But oh only live once and this is something i want. And i know its not good to think like this but what if i go to afghanistan in 2011 and dont come home...then i lost my chance to get what i wanted to get. Also with a tour to afghan that alone will pay off my credit card and a good chunk of the car.

wow im so glad im selling the cobalt. Went to the track tonight, it was packed. Got there at 7:30...first run, since this is the first time with the tune all done and re-adjusting 1st gear (going from 40% boost to 75% is a big difference)....so the first run i took it easy. Ran a 13.9. Waited about 45mins to an hour in line for the second run...gave abit more gas, had bad wheel hop and a ran a 13.8. Came back down the track seen the line up was still huge so said **** it and headed home. 2 hours at the track and got 2 runs in...tonight sucked...the car sucks...lol. Glad im getting a 370z with RWD.

Last edited by Snakes709; 08-22-2009 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-22-2009, 07:23 PM
Banned

Just an update on everything. Me and florence signed the papers for the 370z today. Payments dropped lower again...$351 bi weekly. Insurence is only $13 a month higher then what im paying for the cobalt but its going to drop lower cuz bluecobalt is buying the tvs tonight for $1400 so im putting that money on my insurence. Car is at another dealership, they will have it by Wed. However i might not get it until Thursday cuz they have to install the dual cold air intake...still dont know what brand name it is. They said they r sure its K&N. However i been searching around...only 3 intakes for the 370z right now is Injen, RC2 and Stillin G3. However they do have a 350z in the show room with dual K&N cold air intakes that is a "prototype" so i think they r using K&N.

As for the cobalt. Starting working on it today. Meth kit, TVS, Torque Damper, Headlights, Fuel Rail Cover and Spark Plug cover are all out...im re-wiring the stock headlights now and then start installing the stock ****. Tomorrow im going to get the rotated mounts, chromed rad hose out and strip the tint off the tail lights. Monday i have to go to the dealership and get them to change the front springs, i can do the rear ones. Would have gotten more done today but a damn hornet wouldnt leave me alone while i was working on the car...tried to kill it but it just pissed him off more..lol.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:20 PM

Does the dealer know that you have those mods?
Old 08-24-2009, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by ziggity
Does the dealer know that you have those mods?
yeah they do but they don't care they want it back to stock 100% or close to it...all those mods mean nothing to them ....
Old 08-24-2009, 07:46 PM

its better that way then he will get some cash for them
Old 08-24-2009, 08:02 PM
Banned

Only mods that r going to be on the car when i hand it in is 3.0 pulley, 60lb injectors, cobalt addiction heat exchanger and maybe lowering springs because im to lazy to do the rear and then take it to the dealership to do the fronts.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:31 PM
Banned

So a little update for you guys. I stripped the cobalt as best as i could, left the heat exchanger, wideband, volt gauge, pillar, subs, cai and springs in the car...was to arsed to get that **** out. So when i put the tranny mounts in the bolts must have gotten crossed threaded so the dealership had a issue with that...plus from the meth tap there was a small hole in the intake and of course the banjo bolt. Sat at the dealership for 3 hours today trying to work something out with them. I said i can fix the bolts in the tranny mounts in a few mins. I can try and get the stock intake on but one of the bolts are stripped to the maf sensor so i couldnt get that off but i could try again. However they said since the cobalt is there already they cant let me take it...which i call bs on...At the same time they couldnt release the 370z to me cuz the cobalt wasnt working right. So i was like "wtf!" So they said take a rental...head home and we will call you when we find something out. Just got a call from them that i can pick up the 370z up at 4:30pm today (they just need to wash/wax it and install the dual cold air intakes) They said dont worry about the cobalt they will deal with it...wish they could have said that instead of me waiting 3 damn hours. So ill have pictures up tonight of it.

Edit: Long story short, dealership wasnt happy with the condition of the cobalt...ie the banjo bolt and a few other things so they took my intake away ...it was either that or raise the price up to the car. Took a few test runs with my buddy in his mod/tuned ss/tc. He had me by 1/2 - 1 car length with my VDC on...basically traction control and it lowers the power to the wheels so i dont spin. I turned it off and got like 1 car length ahead of him. Those were both from a roll. Did it from a stop and spun my tires in first. Also when we stopped he was almost maxing 3rd gear...i was past halfway in 4th gear...so i had to shift 1 more time then he did which let him get a lead/gain on me. Pretty good for a stock car...im loving it. Heres some pictures..some of them look the same as other pics i posted but oh well...this one is my car

Last edited by Snakes709; 08-26-2009 at 10:46 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:08 AM

Looks awesome!!
Old 08-27-2009, 10:14 AM

the orange seats are different... nice looks good
Old 08-27-2009, 11:18 AM

we never thought it would be orange...lol
Will probley grow on both of us though
Old 08-27-2009, 12:58 PM

white one looked way better IMO....never the less....nice car tho
Old 08-27-2009, 02:12 PM
Banned

i dont really like the orange...alot of people that seen my car said they like it cuz its different but iiunno. Sales manager said he can get me 50% off from his buddies shop that does seats...said it would cost about $3200 to change the color but with 50% off thats 1600 so i might take him up on that offer when i get some extra cash.

And i agree jerren...white one looked better, plus the windows were already tinted. But it had the sport package that i didnt really care for cuz of the price.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:53 PM

i like the orange and black interior myself
Old 08-27-2009, 07:29 PM

Tint the window, tint the tails and lower that 4x4 then it will look good....Would look good with the nismo spoiler on it to break the rearend up a bit
Old 08-27-2009, 07:36 PM

Um isnt 3rd gear 1:1 in the cobalt? If so wouldnt you want to dyno in 3rd? not 4th? Sick car though BTW! I never downshift any manuals, Id rather use my breaks as they are cheaper then clutch. Nissans are a PITA to work on from my experience, maybe new ones are better?

With that said, nice car, and they make the best sounding V6 of any company.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by IR0NS1N
Um isnt 3rd gear 1:1 in the cobalt? If so wouldnt you want to dyno in 3rd? not 4th? Sick car though BTW! I never downshift any manuals, Id rather use my breaks as they are cheaper then clutch. Nissans are a PITA to work on from my experience, maybe new ones are better?

5 speed cars are suppose to be dynoed in 4th gear...thats 1:1. 6 speed cars get dynoed in 5th gear since thats 1:1 for them. If u dyno a cobalt in 3rd u will get higher numbers however they arent accurate.

Already ahead of you jerren. Appointment at 1pm on saturday to get all windows tinted to 5%. I dont think im going to lower it...the ebiach springs lower it 1" in the front 1.5" in the back...when i come out of my parking lot, the plastic cover that covers the bottom of the engine scraps on the ground...so i think im low enough.

Originally Posted by IR0NS1N

5 speed cars are suppose to be dynoed in 4th gear...thats 1:1. 6 speed cars get dynoed in 5th gear since thats 1:1 for them. If u dyno a cobalt in 3rd u will get higher numbers however they arent accurate.

Already ahead of you jerren. Appointment at 1pm on saturday to get all windows tinted to 5%. I dont think im going to lower it...the ebiach springs lower it 1" in the front 1.5" in the back...when i come out of my parking lot, the plastic cover that covers the bottom of the engine scraps on the ground...so i think im low enough. As for the nismo spoiler...ill get that down the road...think it costs like $700 though. Looks nice on the car and i think i seen a artical at 100kmh it creates 70lbs of down force

Last edited by Snakes709; 08-27-2009 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-28-2009, 09:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
TRADER!!!!...lol i like it and the orange seats are kool kinda unique really!! prob get dirty fast though
Old 08-28-2009, 09:32 AM

I would put a diffrent intake manifold on it and retune it and you'll be pleasently surprised. But I must say I'm getting rid of mine right now for 15K cause I just can't afford it any more and I have 5 other cars!
Old 08-28-2009, 11:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by STS2/SS
I would put a diffrent intake manifold on it and retune it and you'll be pleasently surprised. But I must say I'm getting rid of mine right now for 15K cause I just can't afford it any more and I have 5 other cars!
well im going to start small with the mods after the winter when i come back from the olympics in march. Injen intakes are $463 + shipping so that will be the first mod. Before someone says "holy crap thats alot of money for cai"....there is 2 of them.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:43 PM
Banned

heres a few pics of the first mod done....5% tint all the way around

Quick Reply: Possibly selling the cobalt