Canadian North East Quebec, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia

spring mods

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spring mods

whats everyone got planned for springtime??? im going zzp everything pretty much, maybe some other things here and there
Old 12-27-2012, 10:50 PM

i just bought ingalls off of someone on here, litterally minutes ago. lol. but im going to do that, stage 2 kit from ZZP and probably the phenolic spacer to start with!
Old 12-27-2012, 10:58 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
MPx Catback Exhaust
Paint wheels, probably a gunmetal/dark grey
If I paint the wheels I'm going to paint the brembos/rear calipers as well. Either colour match the car body colour or gold. Undecided because colour matching is a bit expensive.
Maybe window tint, undecided on whether or not I like the look
Retrofit build perhaps

Last edited by nobody2u; 12-27-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:11 PM

id say tint the windows, i myself hate the fish bowl feeling lol
Old 12-27-2012, 11:15 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Haha yeah, I generally for most cars I feel that it's an improvement, but sometimes on more expensive cars I really think it looks clean without tint. I want to do the front windows as well, see how long I can get away with that for. If I do it, I'm debating on how dark to get them. Too dark doesn't look good at all in my opinion.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:34 PM

i agree, my car came with basically limo tint when i bought it, but its also a black car so it all blends in
Old 12-29-2012, 01:52 AM

oh yea and imma install my new hid reverse lights and make a new pair of "skyline" tails
Old 12-29-2012, 10:35 AM

Just ordered my 72MM Turbo, My spare block is off to get a block guard in it, then it comes back to get the stock motor tore apart and all the forged internals switched over, with my build head, Custom Side winder manifold is getting made, once i finish the fuse box relocation, and finally paint.
doubt the car will be on the road again this year, but never know what might happen between now and summer.
Got HP Tuners now, got rid of garbage Trifecta.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by pykie
Just ordered my 72MM Turbo, My spare block is off to get a block guard in it, then it comes back to get the stock motor tore apart and all the forged internals switched over, with my build head, Custom Side winder manifold is getting made, once i finish the fuse box relocation, and finally paint.
doubt the car will be on the road again this year, but never know what might happen between now and summer.
Got HP Tuners now, got rid of garbage Trifecta.
where are you going to relocate the fuse box? ive been thinking about moving mine for a while but no clue where to put it other than maybe the trunk but that would require alot of re-wiring....
Old 12-31-2012, 11:20 AM
#cobalthoes

Throw my coilovers and wheels on
Old 01-01-2013, 03:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Might be moving back to Halifax in the summer. I'm getting out of the army in May and they owe me about $50,000 so $10-15k will be going into mods and the rest is to pay off all my debt. Wootwoot, no more car payments..lol. So ill jump in on this thread.

My car is offically being sponsored for time attack. Engine is out right now getting measurements done to see if everything checks out. My plan for the spring/summer is...

2.2L Stroker
Manley 94mm crankshaft
Manley Ibeam rods
JE Pistons 86.5mm
Supertech Valves +1mm overbore
Supertech valve springs
ARP Main Studs (already got them)
ARP Head Studs
ACL Main/Rod bearings
Mishimoto Dual Oil cooler
Ball Bearing FP Black Turbo

Thats pretty much it for engine and power, for the rest of it im going with...

AMS Lightweight Battery
AMS A/C Delete
AMS Lightweight front cross member
AWD Motorsports Lightweight driveshaft
Girodisc 2 piece front and rear rotors
track pads (havent decided what brand)
Roll cage....this is going to be a tricky one. Currently theres only one on the market for the Evo and its bolt in. However Ryan Gates at 311.com is working on building one for the Evo that is bolt in but will have another one made to be welded in.

So thats my parts list for the spring/summer. However my sponsor (DSG Performance) keeps insisting that I go with a AMS block. I dont mind buying AMS parts but i dont like their services. Had a bad dealing with them with my CMC. So thats my plan right now, it will probably change like another 5 times, haha.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
zzp intercooler already installed

install cf tjin trunk which i already have

reclear my hood and take off the red

glossy black oem headlights

new pads/rotors all the way around

and thats about it really lol
Old 01-01-2013, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by mrader88
where are you going to relocate the fuse box? ive been thinking about moving mine for a while but no clue where to put it other than maybe the trunk but that would require alot of re-wiring....
there's a car that's built around the cobalt plat form in the UK and the cowl and the window whipper motors are the same but made for RHD car, you buy these instal them put fuse box where old whipper motor was, or remove the whipper motor completely.
it does involve cutting the fire wall and the patching it back up.
i plan to run no window whippers, as well as no hood, sense there is no law stating you need a hood in Nova Scotia, The cops will hownd you for it, but if you can prove everything is in its spot and secure they don't really have much to say, been in touch with a company that does full engine harness tucks that have these cool fire wall plugs might get one made for my car, dunno if its worth the $1500 or not.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by srt-10
Might be moving back to Halifax in the summer. I'm getting out of the army in May and they owe me about $50,000 so $10-15k will be going into mods and the rest is to pay off all my debt. Wootwoot, no more car payments..lol. So ill jump in on this thread.

My car is offically being sponsored for time attack. Engine is out right now getting measurements done to see if everything checks out. My plan for the spring/summer is...

2.2L Stroker
Manley 94mm crankshaft
Manley Ibeam rods
JE Pistons 86.5mm
Supertech Valves +1mm overbore
Supertech valve springs
ARP Main Studs (already got them)
ARP Head Studs
ACL Main/Rod bearings
Mishimoto Dual Oil cooler
Ball Bearing FP Black Turbo

Thats pretty much it for engine and power, for the rest of it im going with...

AMS Lightweight Battery
AMS A/C Delete
AMS Lightweight front cross member
AWD Motorsports Lightweight driveshaft
Girodisc 2 piece front and rear rotors
track pads (havent decided what brand)
Roll cage....this is going to be a tricky one. Currently theres only one on the market for the Evo and its bolt in. However Ryan Gates at 311.com is working on building one for the Evo that is bolt in but will have another one made to be welded in.

So thats my parts list for the spring/summer. However my sponsor (DSG Performance) keeps insisting that I go with a AMS block. I dont mind buying AMS parts but i dont like their services. Had a bad dealing with them with my CMC. So thats my plan right now, it will probably change like another 5 times, haha.
Sick list!
if you plan to wait till you get to NS for a cage, there's a guy here fully certified named Ben Gram he owns his own fab shop does a lot of custom work, hes the one building my sidewinder manifold, intake manifold, charge pipe with V band couplers, no more rubber ****, and exhaust.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by pykie
Sick list!
if you plan to wait till you get to NS for a cage, there's a guy here fully certified named Ben Gram he owns his own fab shop does a lot of custom work, hes the one building my sidewinder manifold, intake manifold, charge pipe with V band couplers, no more rubber ****, and exhaust.
any idea what it costs? The Ryan Gates cage costs almost $3k. As for time frame when thats going in, depends on the new track being built here. The one i race at doesnt require you to have one, however its no full out compeition. Castrol Raceway that has the drag strip wont let me race on the 1/4 mile until i get roll bar in because im to fast. They are building a new road course which should be opend this summer. Not sure of their rules though.

To many things up in the air right now. My sponsor is pushing me to go with the AMS 2.4 stroker block (94mm crankshaft and 90mm pistons). Which is like $7k, waiting for a reply back to see how much he will cover. Bottom line is my goal for the car is to make it 500hp, 400trq, full spool by 4000rpm (or quicker) and weigh 3000lbs.

I already ported my head, intake manifold and exhaust manifold. And went with 260/250 cams so it wont shift my power band over to far. I'm gutting the car now and removing the the sound deadening and crap i dont need. I'm gutting the inside of the inteiror but leaving the actual inteior in so it looks like a stock evo.

My buddy said when i move down there and the car is finished he will race me in his fathers Viper ACR. I already beat one so with the new setup, it shouldnt be a problem. Only advantage i have up here is i know the track. That road course down there i never been on.

Last edited by srt-10; 01-01-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:48 AM

Turboxs full system Turbo back. now front mount inner cooler with pipping. intake and a hp turner. all Turboxs so far that where Im at. just need to put it on and do a base line hp and an after. as far as looks just tint and black out headlights
Old 01-08-2013, 08:49 AM

I am probably just getting the window tint re done. ZZP heat exchanger, new rotors and pads all around, and a zzp intake. Might be more, see what income tax season brings.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:17 AM

nice to see people around hrm still

i'm de-ricing the car, gettign rid of the custom hood, high rise spoiler (going spoiler-less) and removing the stripes. Going for the sleeper look. Kind of feel like im getting too old (24) for the 4 banger tuner culture lol. That and anytime im in sackville; 16 year old kids with fat can honda keep bugging me lol

as far as performance mods, anything to give me traction in 2nd/3rd :P wider/grippier tires, trans mounts. etc, car spins entirely through 2nd and 3rd. full boost at 2200 rpm
Old 01-19-2013, 06:42 PM

**** it, going full retard. This video sums it up with what im getting.

Only difference is im going with the ams 750xp turbo kit instead of the 900xp. This will get me 600hp on 94 octane and peak at 3800rpm and hold it all the way to redline.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by srt-10
**** it, going full retard. This video sums it up with what im getting.

Only difference is im going with the ams 750xp turbo kit instead of the 900xp. This will get me 600hp on 94 octane and peak at 3800rpm and hold it all the way to redline.

Wait.... there is 94 octane in NS? WHERE!?!?!?!?!?

don't be holding out!
Old 01-20-2013, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ceeker
Wait.... there is 94 octane in NS? WHERE!?!?!?!?!?

don't be holding out!
sorry to confuse you. I'm in edmonton. I'm originally from halifax and will be moving back in a year or so.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:18 PM

plenty of 94 over here in ontario lol come get some!
Old 01-25-2013, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Silverbullet33
plenty of 94 over here in ontario lol come get some!

DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

best hopes in NS for me is to try meth

then get a methanol kit
Old 02-08-2013, 08:59 AM

Well I may have a few more mods, as my income tax is better then expected
Old 02-08-2013, 09:04 AM
Banned

Received 162 Likes on 128 Posts
TurboXs exhaust and then FMIC.

Quick Reply: spring mods