Canadian North East Quebec, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia

thinking of selling

Old 07-11-2014, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thinking of selling

Seeing lots of folks talking about selling... I've ben seriously considering selling mine also. trying to save for a house and pay for this beast and all its fun is getting to be a bit much + I have another vehicle but only want to hear local interest... whats everyone think she's worth ? (feel free to pm if you're really interested, i know this isn't classified but there is no regional option for a full car)

2010 SS with 53k.
KY Stage 3 clutch (this year)
K&N Intake
Injen Upper Pipes.
MPX Catted Downpipe
tuned with HP tuners by Terminator2 (goes with the car)

This is really a nice pick up for someone looking to jump right into an SS... I'm sad to even be posting this but my wallet will thank me in the long run ...
Old 07-11-2014, 12:05 PM
Banned

Received 162 Likes on 128 Posts
53k km or 53k m?

Down here that car would be worth 15000 in Colorado lol.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:11 PM

KM never seen the winter either.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:44 PM
Premium Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
It's worth what ever someone is willing to pay for it
Old 07-11-2014, 10:06 PM
Premium Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
With all of the media hype lately on GM recalls and the Cobalt there's not to many if any at all people who want to buy one.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I want hpt from you !! Lol ... unless you are still willing to meet me and I will pay ya some $$ to have term tune my car. I'm still very serious about both options. I just can't afford to buy hpt brand new.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:10 AM

If the car goes it really should go as the package. It wouldn't be fair to the new owner to take an SS with a tune they cant adjust. I just figured I'd offer her to the community before kijiji. I'm half serious of selling and half not. if the right offer comes along its gone. I'm trying to save for a house but this car keeps calling me to spend money so its making it hard.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 07-13-2014, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Whitty
If the car goes it really should go as the package. It wouldn't be fair to the new owner to take an SS with a tune they cant adjust. I just figured I'd offer her to the community before kijiji. I'm half serious of selling and half not. if the right offer comes along its gone. I'm trying to save for a house but this car keeps calling me to spend money so its making it hard.

Thanks,

Chris
I understand. Anyway you could meet up somesday ? I could use the program and pay you ?
Old 07-13-2014, 01:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
sorry to hear chris... but i know what your saying i'm on and off with my car too
Old 07-13-2014, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by mr bill
With all of the media hype lately on GM recalls and the Cobalt there's not to many if any at all people who want to buy one.
I've been thinking this too. After totaling my LSJ I picked up a 2008 saab aero 93 2.8T. Smooth as butter and the bose sound system is impressive. Not as loud as the pioneer but much clearer. That can speak for the whole car comparison in extremely simple terms. I've bounced with the idea of getting back into one, but decided the only way it'd truly be worth it is for an LNF sedan. I might be able to trade for a white one, plus cash and we trade liens of 7k. I've put around a G into the car so far. I can't complain at all, it's the nicest car I've owned. But there's a sentimental value to an LNF sedan that somehow makes spendin the extra cash (that I should save) 'logical'

So my question is, would you guys go back to the Balt if you were ever put in the situation?
Attached Thumbnails forumrunner_20140713_143935.png   forumrunner_20140713_143953.png   forumrunner_20140713_144029.png  
Old 07-13-2014, 02:43 PM

forumrunner_20140713_144200.png

forumrunner_20140713_144125.png

forumrunner_20140713_144221.png

forumrunner_20140713_144237.png

forumrunner_20140713_144252.png

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140713_144237.png
Views:	64
Size:	418.3 KB
ID:	5934
Old 07-13-2014, 02:44 PM

forumrunner_20140713_144406.png
Old 07-13-2014, 05:12 PM

i think if i ever sold my balt i would regret it!!! funnest fastest car i've owned!! i know it's not a power house and it's just a fancy cavalier but hell i love it
Old 07-14-2014, 10:06 AM

Yeah I'm sorta in the same boat shes a lot of fun. but I think I'm battling valve coking now, since tuned and what not don't wanna scam the stealership for a new cylinder head (despite that being awesome lol). I am debating picking up a endoscope and verifying for sure soon but for now the car is parked collecting dust and its a damn shame. I've got a e-mail off to John Powell to see about picking up his PCV upgrade kit but yeah ... fun and games.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:34 PM

Yeah I'm sorta in the same boat shes a lot of fun. but I think I'm battling valve coking now, since tuned and what not don't wanna scam the stealership for a new cylinder head (despite that being awesome lol). I am debating picking up a endoscope and verifying for sure soon but for now the car is parked collecting dust and its a damn shame. I've got a e-mail off to John Powell to see about picking up his PCV upgrade kit but yeah ... fun and games.

Cleaning them is very easy. I have all the gear to do it also. The media sprayer and walnut blast. When I cleaned mine last month I used both chemical cleaners and also the media blasting. Next time I do mine in a year or two. I will probably ONLY use the chemical cleaners. So much easier. And they still come 100% clean. In fact. If you need them cleaned. I can do it if ya help me out with a hour with hpt !
Old 07-14-2014, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by QuickSilver_SS
Cleaning them is very easy. I have all the gear to do it also. The media sprayer and walnut blast. When I cleaned mine last month I used both chemical cleaners and also the media blasting. Next time I do mine in a year or two. I will probably ONLY use the chemical cleaners. So much easier. And they still come 100% clean. In fact. If you need them cleaned. I can do it if ya help me out with a hour with hpt !
deal do you still have my cell number! ? I'm desperate for this haha, i just dont have anywhere to do it. I suspect my valves are a MESS!
Old 07-14-2014, 02:34 PM

deal do you still have my cell number! ? I'm desperate for this haha, i just dont have anywhere to do it. I suspect my valves are a MESS!

I dont have your cell number anymore. Just message me yours. I will clean them for you for sure. I have done several of them now already. It takes a bit of time. But the end result is unreal. Smoother idle. Better throttle response and alos better gas milage. And in soem severe cases. If you are having misfires it could no doubt be from the cooked valves. My freinds lnf had a random misifire check engine light for cylyinders #2 ,3. After cleaning them 3 months ago he has never had another misfire sense I cleaned them.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:39 PM

pm'ed sounds promising for sure, my car runs like total ass some mornings to the point where its not on the rd. right now. I've gone through the full gambit except for Intake valve cleaning. I hope we can get her running again smooth
Old 07-14-2014, 05:08 PM

I really miss mine! I did the same thing as well chris, as in going back and fourth on selling. All in all, it worked out for the best. I really love my cruze. Hope you get your car fixed soon chris and be sure to visit sometime. I dont have your cell# anymore as i upgraded phones a little while back.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:26 PM

if u need any stock internals i'll see what i can find on the grapevine for ya... i'm still @ blenkhorns
Old 07-18-2014, 12:47 PM

lol im in the same boat. im deciding against selling it. I don't have enough reasons to sell vs not to lol.

Reasons to sell:
Want something different

Reasons not to sell:
Doesn't owe me a dollar.
Well maintained.
Its fun to drive, i get a smile just turning it on the morning.
All the power you could want in a FWD small car
35+ MPG granny driving on highway
The kid who would buy it would most certainly wreck it.
I would miss the "PSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" of my loud blow off valve :P
Too many "**** eating grin" memories, she's been good to me

as i got older, i wanted to leave the boyracer car culture, so i took off the body kit, hood, spoiler etc. debadged my outside SS emblems. One of the reasons i wanted to sell it, was i felt too old to be in a ricey and flashy 4 cylinder lol. Sleeper car culture is win Physics>industry branding. i wouldnt mind down the road buying a 2.2 biege 4 door sedan cobalt on the cheap. and swap it all out. Biege sleepers are only outmatched by wood-panneled sleepers!

i also have a winter beater, so that helps i guess.

in the end, its all about the $$. aside from select antiques or limited run editions, no car is an investment and they're all a money sinks.
Old 07-18-2014, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Ceeker
lol im in the same boat. im deciding against selling it. I don't have enough reasons to sell vs not to lol.

Reasons to sell:
Want something different

Reasons not to sell:
Doesn't owe me a dollar.
Well maintained.
Its fun to drive, i get a smile just turning it on the morning.
All the power you could want in a FWD small car
35+ MPG granny driving on highway
The kid who would buy it would most certainly wreck it.
I would miss the "PSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" of my loud blow off valve :P
Too many "**** eating grin" memories, she's been good to me

as i got older, i wanted to leave the boyracer car culture, so i took off the body kit, hood, spoiler etc. debadged my outside SS emblems. One of the reasons i wanted to sell it, was i felt too old to be in a ricey and flashy 4 cylinder lol. Sleeper car culture is win Physics>industry branding. i wouldnt mind down the road buying a 2.2 biege 4 door sedan cobalt on the cheap. and swap it all out. Biege sleepers are only outmatched by wood-panneled sleepers!

i also have a winter beater, so that helps i guess.

in the end, its all about the $$. aside from select antiques or limited run editions, no car is an investment and they're all a money sinks.

couldn't have said it better... minus the sleeper part haha I'm not a sleeper at all . Its the boyracer fad I think coupled with the seemingly endless tweaking required for me to know shes running her best. +1 for winter beater though so the SS can have down time
Old 07-18-2014, 01:19 PM

chevy optra base 4 speed auto! dyno'd it at ravens last summer lol! 78WHP!!!! thats after we raised the limiter from 5500rpm (76WHP) to 6200rpm

car is on a whole new level of slow rofl! its so badly geared and underpowered, it doesnt even like doing 50 kph (3000 rpm) it cruises at 40 km, and above 100 on the highway? forget about it!

couldn't have said it better... minus the sleeper part haha I'm not a sleeper at all . Its the boyracer fad I think coupled with the seemingly endless tweaking required for me to know shes running her best. +1 for winter beater though so the SS can have down time
I used to love the flashy boy-racer culture. but then i got into a long term relationship so having a sexy car became less of a priority lol.

i hear you on that, there was definitely a momment last year, where i was like "****.... i just need a reliable car w/o all this bshit" but its all part of the hobby. the beater helped relieve alot of stress. but i will admit, i did put a muffler on the optra lol. it was bugging me that the alternator was louder was then the engine under WOT. being in the maritimes and all, i dont gotta preach about winter car woes lol.

you can also just swap the beater on your insurance for winter so you dont pay for two cars.

Last edited by Ceeker; 07-18-2014 at 01:34 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Ceeker
chevy optra base 4 speed auto! dyno'd it at ravens last summer lol! 78WHP!!!! thats after we raised the limiter from 5500rpm (76WHP) to 6200rpm

car is on a whole new level of slow rofl! its so badly geared and underpowered, it doesnt even like doing 50 kph (3000 rpm) it cruises at 40 km, and above 100 on the highway? forget about it!

I used to love the flashy boy-racer culture. but then i got into a long term relationship so having a sexy car became less of a priority lol.

i hear you on that, there was definitely a momment last year, where i was like "****.... i just need a reliable car w/o all this bshit" but its all part of the hobby. the beater helped relieve alot of stress. but i will admit, i did put a muffler on the optra lol. it was bugging me that the alternator was louder was then the engine under WOT. being in the maritimes and all, i dont gotta preach about winter car woes lol.

you can also just swap the beater on your insurance for winter so you dont pay for two cars.

exactly what I did last year for the 2 insurance wise. I have a 05' Altima for the winter, i can't put a muffler or anything on it haha its my Old man mobile, the last owner i used to work with and couldn't drive to save himself... shes scratched and beat up on all 4 corners but only has 71k on it! no complaints there
Old 07-22-2014, 10:08 PM

I regret getting rid of my SS. Miss it everyday. It was a blast to drive. My mustang with the 351 is fun because of the stupid power, but it's not the same. Think long and hard about what you want. Good luck man!

Stu