Canadian North Pacific AK, British Columbia, Yukon [regional map]

ottp stage 2 hp tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ottp stage 2 hp tuner?

Hey anyone in the 604 have someone they go to for tuning?
I ordered the ottp stage 2 kit, but need help getting my tune file off my pcm, to send to ottp, then i need someone to load it back on?
who have you guys gone to?
Old 02-03-2011, 12:20 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
id justfind a tuner to tune you f*** canned tunes
Old 02-03-2011, 12:26 PM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
^^ that was of absolutely no help...

@xAlbert;
Have you looked up 'WhiteFiver'?

THIS
was the thread that made me aware of him...

Bump for another Canadian...
Old 02-03-2011, 12:31 PM
Banned

bro u need to calm your self down i was just letting him know what he was doing really was ignorant. he is gonna be paying to credit his car to upload a shitty base tune or a canned tune. So if that was no help then . Im sorry im just trying to (Help) him out lmao. no reason for a canned tune unless he plans on retuning it, which i can see, but his post says (Upload ottp stage two file) .... So how was that no help? Please explain.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:43 PM

well im looking for the cheapest option thats why... i figured uploading the canned tune would be cheaper? would it not?
Old 02-03-2011, 12:47 PM
Banned

no matter what you are pauying 100$ for a tuner to license your car, so what the tuner should do is tune you...... and i doubt you will find a tuner to upload the ottp tune, and put it to your car for 100$ because hes taking his time to do the uploading and changing. so best option is to either send your ecm to ottp which i myself would never do or find a local tuner to tune you completely
Old 02-03-2011, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Chevycobaltss3
bro u need to calm your self down
what about my post needs calming?

Are you looking to get a rise out of me? ~ because telling me to calm down, when I already am is a great start.

You're in Kentucky, the guy is looking for local help (that's in British Columbia btw) with advice or whatnot on tuning options...
My suggestion was a trifecta dealer who's in B.C. ~ and considering he deals in tunes, if he didn't have HPT, odds are he knows a couple guys who do.

@ xAlbert;

considering that both the stock and stage1 are essentially a "canned" tune, there is really no reason to discredit "canned" tunes.

Were I you, I'd look up 'WhiteFiver' to see what he has to say... if he doesn't have have HPT, I'd be surrised if he didn't know someoen who could help you out.

If you're just looking for cheap, the superchips deal seems to only have happy customers...
(there's one guy in town here who has this.)
http://www.modernperformance.com/sup...bo-p-2097.html

(admittedly, I cannot see what car you have though, so that tuner might be useless to you...

and then there's this recent offering from trifecta ~ which unlike others, doesn't rquire sending away your ECM (but it overwrites your stock tune).

Trifecta Performance Custom Tuning :: Deals and Specials

again, I don't know what car you have...
Old 02-03-2011, 02:05 PM

yeah i was looking at the trifecta tune a while back.. but they are charging 250 for it...
i have a 2006 cobalt ss/sc... currently stock with airbox mod and eibach springs.. i have stage 2, but havent installed it yet because trying to figure out what to do with the tuning issue? haha

so if i get ottp to just send me a tune file... can i directly load it up or do i need someone to mod it first?... they have my vin so i figured since im stock i can just get it loaded... and im assuming if i get someone to tune my car.. its gonna cost alot more since they have to do alot more work right?...

so the real questions is can i just load the tune directly or have it modded first?
i have contacted whitefever but no reply just yet..
Old 02-03-2011, 02:16 PM

give it time for him to get back to you - talking in person is ideal, I'm sure once you talk to him you'll get this all figured out...

frankly, considering THIS, I don't know with LSJ owners waste time with anything less...

but that's just my two cent's worth.

Last edited by soundjunky; 02-03-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:22 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by soundjunky
give it time for him to get back to you - talking in person is ideal, I'm sure once you talk to him you'll get this all figured out...

frankly, considering THIS, I don't know with LSJ owners waste time with anything less...

but that's just my two cent's worth.
I highly recommend this route.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:46 PM

Ok, that does sound like a better route.. stage 3 tune.. but for how much? i contacted the rep for my area.. so i guess we'll see.. thanks alot guys!
Old 02-03-2011, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by xAlbert
Ok, that does sound like a better route.. stage 3 tune.. but for how much? i contacted the rep for my area.. so i guess we'll see.. thanks alot guys!
read the first post in the linked thread, and the corresponding CED link, and it should all be clear.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:53 PM
Banned

Wink

(That was no help) this is what you said, so if you read my previous post i didnt say come down to ky and find one your self. I said dont do a canned tune. youll be charged 100$ anyways. So with me saying calm down, i meant this : before you write somthing, think before you write it becuse what i said will help him 100% if he wants to save time and money.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:03 PM

dudes charging $420 for trifecta tune :|.. i dont have that kind of money? ... :| looks like il be instaling stage 2 with no tune.. its gonna have to wait haha unless i can find someone form hp tuners to tune me for cheaper!
Old 02-04-2011, 08:22 PM

dudes charging $420 for trifecta tune :|.. i dont have that kind of money? ... :| looks like il be instaling stage 2 with no tune.. its gonna have to wait haha unless i can find someone form hp tuners to tune me for cheaper!
420 is way to much....trifecta tunes goes for 250-300 if i remember well....
Old 02-04-2011, 08:33 PM

hey man don't deal with whitefiver, not a good guy to do business with, and I'm pretty sure he moved to Alberta . Just believe me there.

If your able to get to the lower mainland then Rob should be able to tune you. If you want his number shoot me a PM and I'll get it from him from facebook.

My trifecta tune was 250 if I remember correctly.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:19 PM

FYI, you cannot change injectors or pulley without changing your tune;
changing pulley = requires fuel changes
changing injector = requires fuel changes

you can do cooling mods... that doesn't need tuning.

also, I looked yesterday and there were at least four setos of GMPP-Stage2 injectors on ebay... if you're interested...

Originally Posted by synergy91
hey man don't deal with whitefiver, not a good guy to do business with, and I'm pretty sure he moved to Alberta . Just believe me there.

If your able to get to the lower mainland then Rob should be able to tune you. If you want his number shoot me a PM and I'll get it from him from facebook.

My trifecta tune was 250 if I remember correctly.
thanks for speaking up!

I only knew of that thread because Projekt posted there, and that was one of the ways that he was trying to get in touch with people here...

also, IIRC, Vince charges his guys >$200 for tunes, depending on what's going on... so it sounds to me like you got a smoking deal.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:07 PM

this guy tuned my last cobalt with hp tuner

REVTRONIX Tuning

give him an email, but I have trouble contacting him for a while. I think he is out of town at the moment but wont hurt to try.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Banned

hey do you guys have alot of e85 up there. Curious cuz i might drive up to canada one day to see some of my family and they own a procharged vette, and they want there car to be quicker and more reliable.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Chevycobaltss3
hey do you guys have alot of e85 up there. Curious cuz i might drive up to canada one day to see some of my family and they own a procharged vette, and they want there car to be quicker and more reliable.
to the best of my knowledge, E85, is state-side only.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:52 PM
Banned

k thanks bro. just a curious mind, cuz my family didnt know wut i was talking about lol
Old 02-06-2011, 03:40 PM

$250 for vince's regular tuneage...
$375 typically for LNF's selectaboost or LSJ stage 3 w/ a/c

That's the going rates at the moment... I'm in the lower mainland so if you are in the area, we can arrange to meet up or if you cover my costs I can head to the island or if you want to pay deposit on a cable which is $200 then I can mail it to you... the choice is yours Let me know... Vince is very good about having tunes done by a certain timeframe. He is by far the highest expert tuner on this forum breaking into the market with his different ideas.

He's an ex-programmer for microsoft and has always been a car enthousiast and left microsoft to pursue his home-based career of tuning. It's all he does.

Anyways, PM me if you are interested in any of those options.

ALSO NOTE: WhiteFiver is no longer offering tunes as he was using my cable and he has moved and is no longer a part of this or the G5 community... he should not be trusted... there is another thread in the Alberta section a made a few months ago to read about. Please do not deal with WhiteFiver.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Banned

trifecta is expensive lol really... i wish u all had more hp tuners (TUNING OUT THERE)
Old 02-06-2011, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by RobHole
ALSO NOTE: WhiteFiver is no longer offering tunes as he was using my cable and he has moved and is no longer a part of this or the G5 community... he should not be trusted... there is another thread in the Alberta section a made a few months ago to read about. Please do not deal with WhiteFiver.
sorry, my bad;

thanks for the correction
Old 02-17-2011, 10:48 PM

hey rob, i tried pming you, let me know if you can tune my car

Quick Reply: ottp stage 2 hp tuner?