Canadian North Pacific AK, British Columbia, Yukon [regional map]

Service & Dueck on Marine

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Service & Dueck on Marine

So who has had service and especially the rear brake issue dealt with at Dueck on Marine?

They have had my car for a week and I wont have it back over the weekend either and they only did an oil change and Rick the service manager doesn't want to do anything with the rear brakes at all even though GM Canada told me they will rectify the issue in some way and to have Dueck call when the car is in. I gave Dueck the contact name and number from the lady at GM Canada and I don't think they've even bothered to call her.

I have chased and spoke to 4 different people there who all know nothing and say they'll find out what's going on and I never get a call back and the only person who is even trying anything is a Paulo who has at least called me back.

So far I am very disappointed in Dueck's service department and especially the service manager. They have no problem doing what they can to get you into the car but don't want to stand by what they sell or obviously keep that repor. My wife (Cavalier Z24), father (Montana), and my company (3 Safari's and 1 Sierra), have also all bought GM's from Dueck so this is becoming a sour note with me and I told Paulo that I'm not picking up the car till what I was told would be done is done.

Let me know.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:11 PM

That sucks. I know some people have had problems with Flag Chev, including me, but they did my rear brakes no problem. They didn't believe me at first (didn't expect them to), but once they pulled off my rear wheels. They had no problem machining my rotors, replacing my pads, and adjusting/lubing my calipers all under warranty.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:33 PM

Well the service manager shows me a TSB the second I walk in the door to drop the car off. The TSB says,

"Regarding the Cobalt SS. Dealers have been experiencing customers with noisy brakes or brake squeal which is not covered by GM warranty."

This would be great if it was just brake squeal but this has severely grooved my rotors causing premature wear on both the pads and rotors which could lead to failure. This is not just a noise!
Old 10-12-2010, 12:38 PM

Received 65 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Audacity
Well the service manager shows me a TSB the second I walk in the door to drop the car off. The TSB says,

"Regarding the Cobalt SS. Dealers have been experiencing customers with noisy brakes or brake squeal which is not covered by GM warranty."

This would be great if it was just brake squeal but this has severely grooved my rotors causing premature wear on both the pads and rotors which could lead to failure. This is not just a noise!
yeah it's not just high performance brakes. It's the deep crazy grooving. My rears had a noise that would make you hold your hand over your ears. i replicated it at the dealership and they replaced the rears with no issue. Still nice and clean after 20k miles.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:42 PM

you could try pm'ing LazerSSSC , he works there, maybe he can talk to someone there for you
Old 10-12-2010, 11:07 PM

i hate gm on marine worst service ever
Old 10-13-2010, 06:20 PM

ok first of all its Dueck on Marine.... and Audacity is your car still here? and have they said they are going to do anything yet?? you definately have the right service consultant, Paolo is a great guy and im sure he will do everything he can to help you get this rectified.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by LazerSSSC
ok first of all its Dueck on Marine.... and Audacity is your car still here? and have they said they are going to do anything yet?? you definately have the right service consultant, Paolo is a great guy and im sure he will do everything he can to help you get this rectified.
I am assuming this is Jason. I have met you a couple of times at Dueck and know a few guys on here that know you as well.

Yes car is still there. Very frustrated with both the dealership and GM Canada.

Let me sort of clear some stuff up regarding this. This service was supposed to be looked after by Rick from the start and I regret that as I find him to be useless. I have the exact same job as him but in an industrial sector plus I am in charge of our parts department and I'm the buyer. If I did business the way he did I'd be fired a long time ago! I could never treat a customer of ours like Pepsi, Tech Cominco, or Intel of Canada the same way by trying to belittle the customer or never contacting customer with updates as agreed to! I'm not a some young kid as I'm almost 40 but that still shouldn't matter. I don't want to have a TSB of brake noise handed to me and told there is nothing they will do when it is severe grooving and premature wear of discs and pads not just a noise!!! And at 5000kms and now 12000kms so that seams very unacceptable doesn't it??

All I want is phone calls with explanations and how they are going to resolve it and to be reassured that they know whats going on. There seems to be no communication in the service department at all and especially between the body shop and service and especially a lack of communication with the customer.

I spoke to them yesterday and they found the water leak in my power roof that I complained about and replaced the glass as I had a leak of water dripping out of the Onstar mic. Supposedly took them a few days to source by spraying water on the car. Now waiting to get the passenger airbag cover rattle fixed which is really annoying and then they are going to look take a look at the rear brakes.

It took phone calls to GM Canada, Dueck body shop, numerous calls to different people in service and a call to Stu (the big boss at Dueck) just to get Rick to call me to give me some type of status and to tell me that they are going to at least take the back wheels off to look.

My car has been at Dueck since October 4th and it is now the 14th and I still don't know when I'm getting it back but it better be Friday before I go away to Phoenix.

Like I said before, all I want is respect and returned phone calls with status and what they are going to do about the issues to resolve them. Now I also want to know what they are going to do to keep a customer and gain my loyalty and trust in them again.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:30 PM

Update:

Well just got a call from Paulo who I feel is a pretty good employee in the service department at Dueck. He told me that they have replaced all my discs and pads and explained to me what we all already know. Just waiting for a new passenger side air bag cover as mine was really loose and rattled and I should be able to pick it up tomorrow morning. Woohooo!!

Getting sick of driving this whinny base model Nissan Sentra automatic rental car.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:46 PM

Ya i was just down there and checking on your car..... like i said before he is definately one of the better guys down there and will always do his best to help you out.... Im glad everything got taken care of for you and hopefully you have a good trip!!
Old 10-16-2010, 01:57 PM

I'm emailing from hotel in Phoenix while this is fresh in my mind.

So get this.

I picked up my car from Dueck Friday as they finally replaced all my rear brake rotor and pads, replaced the lose rattling passenger air bag cover and replaced the sunroof glass after days of water testing to see where the leak was coming in.

I went over to the body shop to pick it up because I had to sign papers there for the ding repair that was being paid for by the lady who did it at Home Depot and when I looked at the car the service department scratched the **** out of it. Even on the newly painted area and the edge of my drivers door was scraped like they had the door open against a white painted brick wall. Passenger door had scratches on it too and there was tones of fine scratches from someones work pants or something running up and down the car from front to back at hip level!

This service department is the worst I have ever dealt with and hope non of you go there. They need to fire the service manager because he is the most useless tit I have ever dealt with and likes to pass everything off to the other service guys and also pass off the blame to other departments of Dueck. Real professional!

At least the body shop and Eric from there was super nice and felt so bad because he went over the car when I brought it in and he saw for himself that the paint on the car was mint as my best friend owns a mobile detail company and he takes care of my car every couple of months.

Body shop now has to repair everything and re polish and bill it back to service so I'm going back in two weeks.

Unbelievable! (Sorry Jason)
Old 10-18-2010, 03:53 PM

Hey bud im sorry to hear that you have had a shitty experience here... You don't have to apologize to me tho, they are the ones who should be apologizing to you for what they have put you through.... it's absolutely insane for them to have your car for almost 2 weeks and give you the run around like that and then when you finally get your car back to see it all scratched up and damaged... that's not cool at all.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:33 PM

so are the rear rotors and pads covered under warranty or no? I have 13k kms so far, should I have em checked out?
Old 10-25-2010, 09:24 PM

Oh wow you had them replaced under warranty? that's great to hear man. I unfortunately didn't have so much luck with Rick the service manager there. He roadtested my vehicle and since he didn't hear any noises at the time, he said there was absolutely nothing he would do about it. He didn't even feel the inside of my rotors when i told him about how deep the grooves felt. Unprofessional and really dissapointed. How many kms do you have on your car? And how did you finally break that guy anyway!

On another note, you may see my black balt in there when you go to take your car back because it's in there as we speak trying to have the problems with rough engine running and intermittent no boost episodes as a result of the GMS1 kit that they installed for me. It's been in there since last friday and it looks like Rick is telling me there's nothing they can do again because they cant verify the symptoms on a road test! (Even tho there is stored codes from my check engine light being on)....

So frustrated!! Anyways, good to hear you had your problems taken care of!
Old 10-26-2010, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by fslick
so are the rear rotors and pads covered under warranty or no? I have 13k kms so far, should I have em checked out?
I have 12,000 kms. Rotors were already turned at my 5000kms service and I complained to GM Canada about it saying that it's premature wear.

Originally Posted by Jeremy09SSTC
Oh wow you had them replaced under warranty? that's great to hear man. I unfortunately didn't have so much luck with Rick the service manager there. He roadtested my vehicle and since he didn't hear any noises at the time, he said there was absolutely nothing he would do about it. He didn't even feel the inside of my rotors when i told him about how deep the grooves felt. Unprofessional and really dissapointed. How many kms do you have on your car? And how did you finally break that guy anyway!

I spoke to GM Canada and advised that the TSB that they have says only that Customers may complain of noise from rear brakes and that this was not a warranty issue. Rick tried pulling the same BS with me but I told them both that this is not just noise but bad grooving in rotors and pads causing excessive premature wear and possible failure. GM Canada lady understood and we both had issues dealing with Rick as he is the most useless service manager I have dealt with. After fighting with him and all the BS I went through at that dealership I then called and spoke to Stu who is the VP of Dueck on Marine and he went down to talk to Rick and told him to take my wheels off and look. I then get a call from a tech saying my car is done and I got new rotors and pads on warranty.

I also got my car back with excessive scratches and chips on the edge of my door too!!! So you can imagine that this isn't over.

I understand that Rick is trying to save the dealership money by saying that they will not cover certain repairs that the dealership does under good faith and possible warranty work but he is costing the dealership allot more money in the long run with the way he runs his department! Lack of knowledge of how cars work, he doesn't know how to listen to people, treats people like **** and tries to talk down to them like their stupid, ignores you and your calls. If he would of just looked at what I said right away instead of passing judgement right away then he would of saved himself allot of time and money on my car because now they have an added bill from the body shop for paint repair on the whole car and they have an extended rental car cost by over a week as well.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:46 PM

Dueck On Marine Service Department

I must say as well I purchased my Cobalt SS at this dealership and also purchased an extended 3 year warranty to the tune of 2800.00. Each time I have brought the car in for service or warranty I get the car back with a problem. It is either scratched or chipped and the last time in was for the steering and when I got it back there is a greasy paw print on the ceiling upolstry by the sunroof button. I have since purchased an Avalanche from Carter GM and have been satisfied with the service there. I will never do business with that location again even if they start giving cars away.......even then I would have it serviced elswhere.

Oh......Jason knows me to and him and mike on the sales floor are good guys to chat with.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:50 PM

On another note, you may see my black balt in there when you go to take your car back because it's in there as we speak trying to have the problems with rough engine running and intermittent no boost episodes as a result of the GMS1 kit that they installed for me. It's been in there since last friday and it looks like Rick is telling me there's nothing they can do again because they cant verify the symptoms on a road test! (Even tho there is stored codes from my check engine light being on)....

So frustrated!! Anyways, good to hear you had your problems taken care of!
I cant believe you let them do the stage 2 for you. I posted on this site and was warned off right away. Check with the members on this site before doing anything at a dealership
Old 11-19-2010, 03:36 AM

Wow this must be Rick's favorite line there at Dueck! "Rick is telling me there's nothing they can do again because they cant verify the symptoms on a road test!"

I took mine in for the grooving of the rotors and he took it for a road test and said the same thing. I said to him, " Buddy, you don't need to road test to see the bad grooving in the rotors causing the premature wear!" Has this guy ever held a socket???

Every employee I have talked to at Dueck has had nothing good to say about him and said they have had lots of complaints and comments. So why is he there?? Must be sucking someones d*ck.

At least the body shop was decent and fixed all the crap service caused.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:08 PM

Ok guys, get this: Rick has gone to new heights of being a total D Bag!

My car was sitting at Dueck for 1 week on that the 3rd time i've brought it in for problems relating to my GMS1 kit and the whole intermittent no boost and P0106 codes. I decided to email Tom at CED to see if he had any insight on the issue while my car was in there... Tom was a great help and said he would call Rick and chat about the issue, and that he also knew the GM engineer that developed this kit and that he would pass on that contact info to Rick.

Here is the email i got from Tom after he spoke with Rick:

Jeremy, I just called Rick to see if he wanted me to have the engineer call him. He refused saying he has to follow GM Protocol for Canada and let the tech assist team up there get back to him first, if he isn’t satisfied with their answer he will call the engineer. I suggested that since this engineer was the one who developed the kit and knows more about them than anyone it might save him a lot of time and leg work but he still refuse saying he didn’t want to hurt the dealers reputation since they have been in business some 80+ years.

Jeremy, that’s the strangest response ive ever heard from a service person, not sure if he’s the manager or not but I told him I am more than happy to help them… they just don’t want it.

Let me know how it goes.

Tom

Can you guys effing believe that? I immediately called Rick and said how pissed I was at how this whole situation was being handled and all he kept saying to me was "Jeremy you're just not listening. There is protocol that we have to follow and that is to exhaust every option with the tech guuys in Canada first before i will get help from the US team". I pissed me off to no end to hear Rick telling me that "I wasnt listening". I am listening Rick! Its just that i'm disagreeing with how you're handling it!

Anyways, sorry for the rant fellas!
Old 11-19-2010, 04:20 PM

Ok guys, get this: Rick has gone to new heights of being a total D Bag!

My car was sitting at Dueck for 1 week on that the 3rd time i've brought it in for problems relating to my GMS1 kit and the whole intermittent no boost and P0106 codes. I decided to email Tom at CED to see if he had any insight on the issue while my car was in there... Tom was a great help and said he would call Rick and chat about the issue, and that he also knew the GM engineer that developed this kit and that he would pass on that contact info to Rick.

Here is the email i got from Tom after he spoke with Rick:

Jeremy, I just called Rick to see if he wanted me to have the engineer call him. He refused saying he has to follow GM Protocol for Canada and let the tech assist team up there get back to him first, if he isn’t satisfied with their answer he will call the engineer. I suggested that since this engineer was the one who developed the kit and knows more about them than anyone it might save him a lot of time and leg work but he still refuse saying he didn’t want to hurt the dealers reputation since they have been in business some 80+ years.

Jeremy, that’s the strangest response ive ever heard from a service person, not sure if he’s the manager or not but I told him I am more than happy to help them… they just don’t want it.

Let me know how it goes.

Tom

Can you guys effing believe that? I immediately called Rick and said how pissed I was at how this whole situation was being handled and all he kept saying to me was "Jeremy you're just not listening. There is protocol that we have to follow and that is to exhaust every option with the tech guuys in Canada first before i will get help from the US team". I pissed me off to no end to hear Rick telling me that "I wasnt listening". I am listening Rick! Its just that i'm disagreeing with how you're handling it!

Anyways, sorry for the rant fellas!
Sent you a PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:25 PM

Sorry to bring my old post back from the dead but just wanted to let everyone know who uses or has used Dueck Service in the past that it is confirmed that Rick the service manager has been let go due to allot of complaint and other issues.

Yeeeaaaahh!! Now hopefully service will improve as I have been in touch with another Cobalt member on here that has had his rear brake issue completely done with no issues since Rick has been gone. Looks like a good start!
Old 01-20-2011, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Audacity
Sorry to bring my old post back from the dead but just wanted to let everyone know who uses or has used Dueck Service in the past that it is confirmed that Rick the service manager has been let go due to allot of complaint and other issues.

Yeeeaaaahh!! Now hopefully service will improve as I have been in touch with another Cobalt member on here that has had his rear brake issue completely done with no issues since Rick has been gone. Looks like a good start!
this is a good thing!!
Old 01-22-2011, 05:03 PM

This is good i'm most likely going to have to take my car in to get the rear shocks looked at.