Cobalt SS Vendor Reviews Please post your first hand service experience with Cobalt SS vendors.

My experience with OTTP (specifically Josh)

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 12:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My experience with OTTP (specifically Josh)

This one is pretty detailed....
About two weeks ago I decided to order the last part for my cooling mods project. Now I usually order from ZZP so naturally, I called them up as I usually do since their online system never wants to process my credit card for an as yet unexplained reason. As usual I left a message and awaited my return call to place my order. After a little research and three days of no callback, I strolled on over to OTTP's website. I placed my order on their website with no problems. Took my card just fine. So then...i figure out that I am in a time crunch for my install. So I call the number on the site snd leave a message. Then a friend gives me the number for Josh personally and I call him...again I get voicemail. This was really discouraging. However...2 days later I recieved a callback from BOTH messages I had left.Thats when I realized the messages I had left had been on a saturday. Josh assured me that he would ship my order the very next day and that I would recieve it no later than Friday, but most likely Thursday. So three days go by.....and lo and behold...my package arrived on Thursday afternoon. When I opened the package I found all my pieces for my option b kit were in great shape....but something was missing....the reservior cap that was supposed to be included. Since I was on a time crunch for install I was forced to go to O'reilleys and spend like $13 on a cap. Now I know that mistakes happen so I made a post in my thread and waited to see if anyone from OTTP actually gets on here and checks. Guess what....they do!!
I recieved a call from Josh yesterday in which he informed me he had seen my post and wanted to make it right. As I had already purchased the cap and installed there was no use sending me one....so he made it up to me in store credit....which is fine with me because im a customer service kinda guy and due to his call back and desire to make this simple mistakeright...I will most definitely buy from them again and recommend them to anyone else buying as well.

By the way ZZP didnt call me back until OTTP had already delivered to my house ;-)
Old 06-30-2012, 12:25 AM
Platinum Member

Received 584 Likes on 519 Posts
Nice!
Old 06-30-2012, 12:27 AM

i think this is helpful. i've heard biased opinions on ottp but have never had an issue myself with them. alternatively, i also have not had a bad experience with zzp. i think this may be one of those "shop is busy as hell" moments. but regardless, it's nice to see our vendors are doing work.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:01 AM

True. I think its always the case where someone takes the time to make complaints...but no one takes extra time to make compliments or give an atta boy. Figured I could take the time to do this since he had the courtesy to look after me.