Complete Cars List your vehicle for sale.

Built and turbo 2.2 low engine mileage

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 12:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Built and turbo 2.2 low engine mileage

$15000/OBO. I'm not actively trying to sell my car but I've hit the RWD/AWD bandwagon and would like something new to build and have fun with. So if someone wants a sleeper that pushes roughly 400hp to the crank on only 12psi with plenty of room to spare... 5 speed manual. This car has been my baby the last couple years but I'm willing to part with it if the right buyer comes along. The engine is running on E85 tuned by Rakes Performance Tuning with HP Tuners Pro. The tuning cable and software will be provided with the car ($400). I also have a Walbro 255 high pressure fuel pump that I have been waiting to put in also ($90). Will also include my Hallman ProX boost controller, which has never been put on the car ($100).

The body has 86k on it and the built motor has 13k on it. When the motor was built, it was professionally honed and hot tanked, the newly bought crank was balanced up to 8000 rpm. The head and components were professionally put together. My uncle was the one who brought everything on the engine to get cleaned and the head assembled, I'm unsure the shops but can get information for them if requested. When the engine was put back together, both timing chains, all guides, all sprockets, all bolts, and both tensioners were installed and torqued to GM specifications. The oil clearances on the rod bearings and crank bearings were triple checked and in spec. Main bearings and thrust bearing have no play and the side to side clearances were also triple checked. Both front and main seal along with all engine gaskets and water pump were replaced also. I have pictures and paypal receipts for literally everything upon request. The suspension set up it has right now (which I will list below) has less than 5k miles on it. The wheels and tires have less than 5k. I also have a set of Winterforce tires with stock 15" steelies that were used for just one winter, as I stored the car last year. Oil has been changed every 3k miles with Mobil 1 synthetic 5w-30. Have been putting injector cleaner in it every other oil change since the engine was built. Since the car has been on E85, I have been putting Lucas ethanol injector cleaner in it almost every fill up. The car gets washed and waxed pretty much every week. Now for the money pit of mods...

Engine Lower End:
Wiseco 10:1 pistons
Eagle H-beam rods
ZZP Neutral balance shafts
ZZP Oil pan

Engine Top End:
Cometic head gasket
ARP head studs
Supertech intake valves
Supertech inconel exhaust valves
Supertech valve seals
Supertech 78# dual springs
Supertech valve guides
Supertech valve seats

Power Adders:
ZZP turbo manifold
Borg Warner Bullseye S252 turbocharger
Tial wastegate w/ 12psi spring (dumped)
ZZP 3" V-band downpipe
TurboXS FL 3" catback
2.5" hot charge pipe
Synapse synchronic BOV
Hahn FMIC
3" cold side charge pipe w/ maf relocate (to run a bov)
Cobalt SS/SC throttle body
Hahn log style intake manifold
Seimen 80# injectors
3.5" SRI w/ spectre filter

Drivetrain:
Exedy lightweight flywheel
ARP flywheel bolts
Exedy stage 2 clutch (3 puck)
Napa Maxx axles w/ new seals
Cosmo short throw shifter
TTR solid engine mount
TTR poly transmission mounts

Suspension & Brakes:
Slotted rotors
Hawk green stuff pads
SS/TC struts
SS/TC shocks
Koni strut mounts
Powell v3 springs
SS/SC control arms
Powell vertical control arm bushings
SS/TC front sway bar
Moog endlinks
Moog sway bar bushings
TTR rear sway bar

Interior:
Ion Redline recaro front seats
SS/NA 140mph cluster
AEM wideband
Prosport boost gauge (green)
Prosport oil pressure gauge (not hooked up)
SS single pillar pod
Triple cluster pod

Exterior:
K2 LED rear tail lights
Halo headlights
MPX shorty antenna
35% tint done at Tint Pros

Wheels & Tires:
Drag DR 33 17" 7 spoke wheels
Michelin Supersport 225/45/17 tires
15" steelies
195/60/15 Firestone Winterforce tires

The good:
Car is fast, definitely a sleeper with 348whp/296wtq @ 12psi mild e85 tune
No knock anywhere in the tune
Comfortable interior
Engine is built to withstand plenty more power
Full spool by 2800 rpm

The bad:
I was an idiot and spray painted part of the trim blue so it looks a little rice, easily replaceable
Front speakers are dumb and don't want to work all of the time
Has a stupid idle that lobes between 800 and 1200 rpm once it goes into open loop, which I believe is just timing advance at idle but I personally do not know how to tune, so I haven't got it fixed
Base model, so it has manual locks and windows
Super slow coolant leak outside of the water pump pipe, goes down about 1/4 gallon every 3 months.
With the Ion seats, there's no airbag sensor connector, so airbag light is on
Summer wheels don't have TPMS, so the car will blink at you on start up

The good/bad depending on how you look at it:
Car is loud, sounds mean once the wastegate opens, hits 102dB
It will spin tires in every gear if the tires aren't warm, I have discovered that a true high performance tire will not allow them to spin as much. I have a friend with a set of Rival GT's and I do not spin with those on.
Front speakers gone, but the car will NEVER ding at you!

I MIGHT be able to sell the additional two sets of 17" wheels and high performance tires if my buddy wants to get rid of them as he no longer has his cobalt because he crashed it, but that would be on top of the price of the car.

If interested, let me know I spose, thanks for looking. Additional pictures and such, as I said, can be sent at request. Ambient air temperature sensor is stupid and the picture with the mileage shows it's super cold, so don't pay attention to the temp haha. six 1 two 2 five 0 zero 8 four 4

Last edited by EXsoccer1921; 09-06-2013 at 12:29 AM.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:29 AM
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pictures need to be posted here, not Craigs List. Uh.. Good luck with sale.