Drag Racing Kindle Racing and Dalcorp Racing

09 ss vs k20 swapped hatch 400 whp

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i used to ride in a integra side by side with these guys.. we all had hondas. i fully inderstand a honda. i was looking for a 94-01 integra to k swap and turbo. i bought the cobalt becuase i loved the s/c when it first came out but if i would have known what i could hve done to it i would have bought one in 05 and put all the money i put into every other car ive had and had something nasty but thats not here nor there. And the ss is a hell of a lot harder to launch than any honda. i could launch my integra on the street and do great but my ss is a different car.
Plus i dont like superchargers. thats just me
Old 03-28-2011, 02:58 PM

SS/SC sucks for launching. rotated mounts, ingalls is a must. LNF is much much easier.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:06 PM

im still learning i spin or bog. its kinda hard when i run at different tracks all the time. the last one i ran at was freshly paved and was sticky as hell. It was hard to get the car to turn in the lane but it was nice to feel it suck you in the seat when it hit 2nd
Old 03-28-2011, 03:20 PM

watch the sticky launch boxes or you will say bye bye to your axle.
You must have some traction mods? Mounts? Etc?
Old 03-28-2011, 03:26 PM

nope no traction mods at all. i didnt do a burn out becuse i knew i would break something. the power steering wasnt helping at all. my car sat for about 30 mins after i got there and another 15 why sitting in tech and the tires where still popping rolling across the box

Edit: it wasnt just the launch boxes it was the entire track. i had to shift easy because after the first hard shift something felt funny
Old 03-28-2011, 03:39 PM

I have a Quaife LSD for sale if you are having traction issues. Im only asking 400 shipped. there is a thread in the for sale section.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS
Not a problem.

Let me know when you are heading out, if I could get some guys to come down I will gladly head out. Im an auto-x/track day kind of guy. Post 10 second cars drag racing doesn't interest me that much at all.. although I have been out on occasion. Ive been launching balts for over 5 years now tho. I will need to get re tuned for drag racing, cause right now I am not set up at all for it. I would have a hard time running a 13.8 .... lol

People here know nothing about honda's just like the people on the honda forums know nothing about cobalts.

We all head down from Sudbury for the CSCS events to run in the bracket/index classes, there is a half dozen of us or so..

I'll be at Cayuga on:

June 5th
August 21st
September 25th

Not sure if your familar with the CSCS events, but they also run Time Attack the same day on the Cayuga road course, the whole event is a really good time. Check the website out, Canadian Sport Compact Series - Home, there is two index classes and one general bracket class (if you are into competative drag racing).

Anywho...hope to see you out, "D-mac" runs all the events in his SS/TC as well so it would be cool to see another one out there as well.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by SSJit
I have a Quaife LSD for sale if you are having traction issues. Im only asking 400 shipped. there is a thread in the for sale section.
thanks man.. funds looking bad since i just missed a week of work. But i dont get how i leave 2 solid black marks while im spinning. But that was the first time on new good tires so im gonna go back and see what else i need to do. After a couple of pulls yesterday and these new tires got warm they dont spin.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS
People here know nothing about honda's just like the people on the honda forums know nothing about cobalts.
^ This is not true.^ I happen to own one of each and I feel like I have a very good handle on both the Cobalt and Honda game. .
Old 03-28-2011, 05:37 PM

if i wanted to build a honda i woud have put the 17k i spent on my cobalt into a honda. but i couldnt drive it to work and around town everyday as a daily driver like my cobalt. there is give and take. for one i dont wanna have to deal with a roll cage getting in and out of my car everyday and other things you face when you hit 10s. plus the power k20 will make is useless on the street. the cobalt is morew to my driving style. i like to drive fast and have fun in turns and drag race. just my take on it. if i want something fast that i can drive or ride when i want ill buy a bike.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:58 PM

Yes because all Hondas aren't daily drivers, have roll cages and run in the 10's and make so much power they are useless on the street. Oh, and none of them are good handling cars as well.

/Sarcasm
Old 03-28-2011, 06:15 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^ BTW 13.8 All motor sunfire. Awesome! haha
Old 03-28-2011, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by newt
Yes because all Hondas aren't daily drivers, have roll cages and run in the 10's and make so much power they are useless on the street. Oh, and none of them are good handling cars as well.

/Sarcasm
i said if i would have put 17k in one thats what it would be. since you seem to be the forum smart ass today. i didnt want a car to run 10s if i did i would have bought another honda and built it. i bought the cobalt because i like chevy and i wanted a decently fast car that was dependable. it would be a trailer queen. this isnt my first ever car ive built and wont be the last. and i have owned a honda before and my cobalt is a better car for me thatn a new honda. its all prefference adn this is mine
Old 03-28-2011, 08:04 PM

Not my fault people don't run slicks at the track...
No offense, it just seemed like you were flaming him for the same thing you planned to do...
Old 03-28-2011, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by mkulrey13
^ BTW 13.8 All motor sunfire. Awesome! haha

Thanks random HID headlight guy, what does your all-motor Ecotec run?
Old 03-29-2011, 12:01 AM

I think I probably know more about Hondas than I do about Fords honestly. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. It's nice to know when someone mentions a specific engine swap with a turbo setup that I know exactly what kind of animal I'm going up against.

The OP is obviously a tool and is lying like crazy. Props to the Honda guy. Please get a video of you destroying the OP by train lengths so we can all laugh at him.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A Civic hatch with 400whp and a good driver will run high 10's.

Tune all you want....this guy will destroy you....sorry dude.....sometimes just the way she goes.
This is kinda what I was thinking, there is always something faster. In this case, a bad ass civic hatch. Props to the nice k20 build..

You need will need a fat turbo just like he has to beat him
Old 03-29-2011, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by smithboy76908
I think I probably know more about Hondas than I do about Fords honestly. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. It's nice to know when someone mentions a specific engine swap with a turbo setup that I know exactly what kind of animal I'm going up against.

The OP is obviously a tool and is lying like crazy. Props to the Honda guy. Please get a video of you destroying the OP by train lengths so we can all laugh at him.
didnt i post after that that i was mis-informed. i appologized about it. what else would you like me to do.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by bogalusahondakiller
didnt i post after that that i was mis-informed. i appologized about it. what else would you like me to do.
I agree with him actually, he wasn't told correctly about my car so he assumed the information he was given was correct. Can't wrong him for being misinformed.

-Civ
Old 03-29-2011, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Smit9352
I agree with him actually, he wasn't told correctly about my car so he assumed the information he was given was correct. Can't wrong him for being misinformed.

-Civ
This is true. However, he was still a tool and douchebag in this thread. Therefore, I want to see a video of him getting slaughtered for me to laugh at. Misinformed or not, he's still a tool.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:06 PM

This is true. However, he was still a tool and douchebag in this thread. Therefore, I want to see a video of him getting slaughtered for me to laugh at. Misinformed or not, he's still a tool.
Touche' , ya'll's forum is much more entertaining than the k20 forums....
Maybe I'll lurk here rather than the mustang forums also.
God... I got to find a way to STOP registering to forums...

-Civ
Old 03-30-2011, 11:18 AM
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yup always lots of action here

Move in
Old 03-31-2011, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Smit9352
Touche' , ya'll's forum is much more entertaining than the k20 forums....
Maybe I'll lurk here rather than the mustang forums also.
God... I got to find a way to STOP registering to forums...

-Civ
I'm on 19 car forums. Only about 5 relate to what I drive. lol I spend a good bit of time on cb7tuner and clubintegra. Honda-tech went to trash after the ownership dispute/hack so I haven't cared to go back. I'm on a few GM boards, challengertalk, vwvortex, audizine, etc... so I feel your pain with joining too many forums. lol I'm on a few local boards as well. I'm originally from southern MS actually and I've been through Bogalusa a couple times. It's a one hit wonder.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:47 PM

I'm on 19 car forums. Only about 5 relate to what I drive. lol I spend a good bit of time on cb7tuner and clubintegra. Honda-tech went to trash after the ownership dispute/hack so I haven't cared to go back. I'm on a few GM boards, challengertalk, vwvortex, audizine, etc... so I feel your pain with joining too many forums. lol I'm on a few local boards as well. I'm originally from southern MS actually and I've been through Bogalusa a couple times. It's a one hit wonder.

Nice focus btw. Looks clean, and those are some decent numbers. Is that an SVT or did they stop making them by then?
Old 03-31-2011, 04:22 PM

Dude, you aren't missing anything here anymore. The complete towns ****... the area is ****... it's been "taken over" by alot of "thug kids" and those hardcore '"gangsters". But there's a couple cool cats around but very few are local. We've got the big "Lakefront Meet" coming up in a couple weeks over in New Orleans which should bring on quite a few highway runs as long as I can find someone/something that'll get on the side of me and not shake his head no the second I spool and blowoff at them. I mean... damn I just want to play to!

Boards I frequent come from car forums to video game forums to local forums from Texas to Florida actually. Moderator of the biggest DSM forum in the world (to my knowledge) over at DSMtuners which is got alot of great guys as well. Almost scooped me up another 2gAWD but damn Honda's sucked me back in.

Quick Reply: 09 ss vs k20 swapped hatch 400 whp