Drag Racing Kindle Racing and Dalcorp Racing
View Poll Results: What is the definition of a "SHOP" car?
OWNED by SHOP and/or car w/ unavailable products esp EMPLOYEE cars
47.40%
Car JUST OWNED by SHOP
21.43%
Who Cares? It's all competition!
31.17%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Throwdown "SHOP" car Definition

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 04:01 AM
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
okay. i'm just gonna say it. why don't we just have the lsj/lnf throwdown. and then a seperate list for zzp's i mean supporting vendor/employee times.....

Old 01-07-2010, 05:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if its a shop car that has parts that are not available to public...yea that one
Old 01-07-2010, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by EXsoccer1921
okay. i'm just gonna say it. why don't we just have the lsj/lnf throwdown. and then a seperate list for zzp's i mean supporting vendor/employee times.....

Im Game if we can get the L61 in there.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:48 PM
Platinum Member

we already have a spot for the l61. we have a spot for EVERY engine. but the throwdown is just mixing the lsj and lnf to battle it for for "fastest on the site"

and as far as custom parts go. if someone has an idea...theres someone out there who can make it happen. like say...i had some custom suspension parts made that allowed me to some how pull 1.6 60' times. just cause they're one offs doesn't mean they can't be made again. so what i'm getting at is if its a custom part and the person tells where they got it, who made it, etc..and doesn't keep it a secret. i think it should be allowed.

i think we're all thinking it but i'm gonna say it. keep vendors and shadyass mother ******* who don't release parts to the public the hell out of the throwdown. this is a competition for average joes who modify their cars. not shops who have to pay $ZERO$ to use THEIR OWN equipment. and aren't set back a thousand dollars if a part turns out to not work....

and i'm sure some of you are in the finance/accounting world. you guys know why "sponsored" cars or contingency stickers are placed on cars? its because since the company name is on the car...its an advertisement. and so any and all money thrown at the car. is written down as an advertising expense in the journal, which is just considered a loss. so in reality they aren't even spending money. they're just taking it out of the profits theyre making.

Last edited by EXsoccer1921; 01-07-2010 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-07-2010, 02:09 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
How is losing profit not the same as spending money? You guys are stretching **** reaaaalllllll far here.

Just because ZZP has a budget and capabilities that exceeds yours doesnt mean that they dont have a budget and that failure dont affect them.

This got really silly really fast. Cars with secret or unavailable parts shouldnt be in the "give everybody" a chance throwdown. But the quickest car on the site is still the quickest car on the site......Whether its in the poorboy showdown, or the uberexpensive elctrocarbotitanofiber protoytpe equipped car whoever is quickest deserves the spotlight.

Like I said, classes. Theres a reason that "real" drag racing has classes, and there is no reason to be trying to reinvent the wheel just for this site. How can you have an "anything goes" throwdown on the site but not include some cars???

Either have classes and apply them equally(by part content not ownership), or ditch them have a true "throwdown" and dont bitch about who is the top spot or why.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Maven

Either have classes and apply them equally(by part content not ownership), or ditch them have a true "throwdown" and dont bitch about who is the top spot or why.
THIS!!!!!

Throwdown should be a throwdown. If you want a list, make a list. Either way, I am not concerned if I am on it.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:11 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Maven

i too agree with this 500%

i don't know if it was mentioned before and i just didn't catch it. but this is a good idea. i would be uber pissed if someone from superpro came and raced against me in no/e and beat me.

i like this seperate classes idea. based on parts

how about m62 only, tvs only, anything and everything.

Last edited by EXsoccer1921; 01-07-2010 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-09-2010, 04:59 PM

bump, nowhere near enough votes.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All of this drag acing talk get me antsy. I want to run the beast not start another winter teardown.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:49 AM

lol, i hear ya man

vote people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-10-2010, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by ralliartist
lol, i hear ya man

vote people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe people just don't care? Lol honestly it should be run what you brung but keep limited catigorys like a stock street super street and like outlaw for each motor class? all these motors are a different platform no way you should compair them together just because there a 4 cyl.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:02 AM

you missed one. add to number one a car that personal money isnt spent on... like someone who gets free dyno time
Old 01-10-2010, 01:30 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
CLASSES.

I suggest :

M62s only(94 octane limit)

TVS/TwinScrew only(94 octane limit)

Double Down ( turbo swaps, twin charge, nitrous, 94 octane limit)

Outlaw(run what you brung, nothing off limits)
Old 01-10-2010, 02:14 PM

Here's the problem, I already got so many different classes for the 1/4 mile lists as it is. We have stock, then no power adders, then anything goes, for every platform. That's 3x4=12 different lists. I already think that's way too much.

I like the idea of breaking it down, but this doesn't have to be that specific. The whole intention of this list is just a motivational tool to let all the "average Joe's" battle it out for king of the year and to try and get this platform faster and faster. If I break it down, I'll do a shop car list and then this list for the average Joe's.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:24 PM

There should just be one class for all platforms, they are all cobalts and then denote them as maven said
Old 01-10-2010, 02:27 PM

This is too complicated. People are going to whine either way. I think it should be every car to themselves, no matter how they got their parts. Being on the top of the list doesnt make your dick bigger, IDK why people have to whine about it.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:30 PM

eh, why should a TVS/Twinscrew have a different class than a Turbo swap? Is it fair to compare a Twincharge setup to a straight Turbo setup? Are we forgetting the ancient-old Turbo vs Supercharger that everyone in the WORLD likes to debate about?

That's the whole purpose of this Throwdown Competition. Turbo vs Supercharger, LSJ and it's potential twincharge vs the unique direct injection LNF. It's like a Pinks All Out competition. Run what you Brung! Breaking this down into classes would be pointless. But, it's for the average joe on a somewhat limited budget. It's not fair for a shop with limitless funds to come in and smash on all the average joes.

Originally Posted by mkriebs
This is too complicated. People are going to whine either way. I think it should be every car to themselves, no matter how they got their parts. Being on the top of the list doesnt make your dick bigger, IDK why people have to whine about it.
At least someone said it.

Last edited by ralliartist; 01-10-2010 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-10-2010, 02:36 PM

Just do what other sites do, just have a top 25, any platform any mods as long as its a cobalt.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:37 PM

Ok, how about this. Stock power adder class (M62, and stock turbo, plus whatever bolt ons), then unlimited (big turbo, TVS, turbo swap LSJ).

Shop cars included because without shops, where would our community be? Running 13's & 14's still is where we would be.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by mkriebs
Ok, how about this. Stock power adder class (M62, and stock turbo, plus whatever bolt ons), then unlimited (big turbo, TVS, turbo swap LSJ).

Shop cars included because without shops, where would our community be? Running 13's & 14's still is where we would be.
as much as that makes sense, let me throw this curveball at ya.....

4 of the cars from last year's throwdown list were stock turbo or stock supercharger. The Stock Supercharger was faster than the only TVS car on the list. Some of the stock turbo cars were faster than the TVS car and a turbo swapped LSJ.

So looking at those stats, what does it matter? The potential to go fast on the stock blower/turbo is there, people just don't take the time to do it the right way.

I agree on the shop cars though, I personally have no problem with them. That just makes me strive harder to go faster. Even if I'm at a disadvantage on funds. Most of the parts on my car are DIY anyways.

Last edited by ralliartist; 01-10-2010 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-10-2010, 02:52 PM

So make a list like this. All turbocharged Cobalt. All supercharged Cobalts. Nitrous Cobalts(regardless of other power adders). All N/A Cobalts. Then a stock TC, SC, and NA list. That'd be down to 7.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:04 PM

LOL, nobody wants me to erase what we currently have, cause that would be erasing historical data.

What we are trying to do is determine what's best for this list. I think it's about as good as it's going to get, pending this vote for "shop car". I'm sorry that it causes so much controversy, but it is what it is.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:17 PM

I don't think it will matter much. I mean even if the shop cars are on there we will know which cars are shop cars and who is not. I like the idea of having a bone stock sc list and a bone stock tc list and then every other car is on the last list. This would include just bolt ons to turbo/supercharger swaps, and make it a 25 car list so more people can be in on it and share there experiences. I know I would like to hear from more people then the same old cars all the time
Old 01-10-2010, 03:21 PM
Platinum Member

shop car list, and members car list. thats the only two you need. "anything goes" in each.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:38 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
There is only one company trying to put their cars on the list. They deserve to be on there because their working hard to make this platform faster. This whole pole is weeksos. Yay we took the fastest cars off the list to make a few ppl happy. Guess what? The cars you took off the list are still faster, moving them over doesn't change that.

Quick Reply: Throwdown "SHOP" car Definition