Drag Racing Kindle Racing and Dalcorp Racing
View Poll Results: What is the definition of a "SHOP" car?
OWNED by SHOP and/or car w/ unavailable products esp EMPLOYEE cars
47.40%
Car JUST OWNED by SHOP
21.43%
Who Cares? It's all competition!
31.17%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Throwdown "SHOP" car Definition

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 07:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Throwdown "SHOP" car Definition

So what is a Shop Car? Let's decide as a forum. Poll will be open till Jan 31st.

Option 1 = shop car as any car OWNED by the SHOP and/or with parts designed by a shop to showcase the potential that is not avail to the public and used by inhouse(employees) cars.

Option 2 =Shop car: as: A car built by a shop to test and promote their products for profit or to race competitively. Car is OWNED by the SHOP.

Option 3 = and who cares if it's a shop car .. this is about pushing the envelop you guys need to stop crying over little things.. this is supposed to showcase the best of the best.. who cares how they did it

So there you have it, READ CAREFULLY! and choose which option you want. Obviously the option with the most votes will be what we use as the new rule after Jan 31st.

Okay, I think I've covered all the grounds this time.

Last edited by ralliartist; 01-03-2010 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-03-2010, 07:44 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
OPTIONS #1 and #3
Old 01-03-2010, 09:03 AM

well, which one do you want to see as a rule?
Old 01-03-2010, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have voted for option 1.

it is not avail to the public and used by inhouse(employees) cars.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:10 AM

One.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:46 AM

One and three should be the only choices people choose. Two is just not an option compared to number one.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:50 AM

All an "employee" would have to do is make a new user name, so whats the point of changing it?
Old 01-03-2010, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Perfect.disguise
All an "employee" would have to do is make a new user name, so whats the point of changing it?
Picture of the car is required. Pretty easy to compare pictures.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by slowswap
Picture of the car is required. Pretty easy to compare pictures.
Pretty easy to fake a picture.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:58 AM

the picture thing wasnt as "case closed" as possibly anyways. not meaning to stir up drama, but look at onecoldbizz's picture in the old thread
Old 01-03-2010, 11:59 AM

yes, the current rules still apply to all drag racing lists. Must provide a picture and/or vid of the car. We got some very good investigators on this site, I'm sure they could crack down and find out who's car it really is. They found CBodnar no matter what type of screen name he used.

as for the options, there are just too many people arguing and wanting different things. So here's your chance to vote for what you want. Do you want shop cars involved or not? And if you don't, then what's your definition of a shop car? Is a shop car owned by the shop? or does an employee's car count?

So there you have it. I'm just doing what I can to keep the competition going so that the forum will keep rapidly progressing as it did over 2009. Hell, before 2009, we only had a few people that had barely broken 12's, and there was nothing but conspiracies for anything else. Now you have proof and a rapid advancement of the community as a whole.

Pretty easy to fake a picture.
not really. I haven't seen one go over on this community yet. We have a bunch of hardcore computer investigators here for some reason.

Last edited by ralliartist; 01-03-2010 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-03-2010, 12:01 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
So basically one is a way of defining everyone who works at ZZP's car a shop car?
Old 01-03-2010, 12:05 PM

if they work at zzp, they test parts for zzp, have zzp help in every aspect of building the car, it is a zzp car, i dont care whos name is on the title. the same could be said if OTT had a shop car, TTR had a shop car, etc.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Flatgod
So basically one is a way of defining everyone who works at ZZP's car a shop car?
well, this would disqualify more than just zzp's employee cars, it would also disqualify any OTTP project cars, as well as powell's cars, etc. Any company that has a car or has employees that work for them that get those "special" products.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by hatrickstu
if they work at zzp, they test parts for zzp, have zzp help in every aspect of building the car, it is a zzp car, i dont care whos name is on the title. the same could be said if OTT had a shop car, TTR had a shop car, etc.
exactly. People like me and STU here that build/mod our cars right in our driveways are at a disadvantage to people that have a huge shop to just go in and say, "hey boss, could you let me try that there s356 out on my car? Oh and I'm going to use those slicks over there in the corner."
Old 01-03-2010, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by ralliartist

not really. I haven't seen one go over on this community yet. We have a bunch of hardcore computer investigators here for some reason.
You would only know if it was caught. Just saying it wouldn't be hard to make a user name and just take a picture of your friends car (along with the correct number). Or a "I quit" or "I sold the car".
Old 01-03-2010, 12:08 PM

exactly. People like me and STU here that build/mod our cars right in our driveways are at a disadvantage to people that have a huge shop to just go in and say, "hey boss, could you let me try that there s356 out on my car? Oh and I'm going to use those slicks over there in the corner."
EXACTLY.

ralli for *****, go look at onecoldbizz's pic on his time.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:09 PM

Exactly. So my dad has a shop, we do work on my car that's not available to the masses. Does that mean I'm a Lyle's Service shop car? Where do you draw the line?
Old 01-03-2010, 12:11 PM

You would only know if it was caught. Just saying it wouldn't be hard to make a user name and just take a picture of your friends car (along with the correct number). Or a "I quit" or "I sold the car".
I feel ya man, we are doing what we can to make everything fair to everyone. If someone slips through the cracks, then they did a damn good job of it.

EXACTLY.

ralli for *****, go look at onecoldbizz's pic on his time.
I did, I didn't realize I let a pic like that get by. THat was my fault, I'll take the blame for it.

Last edited by ralliartist; 01-03-2010 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-03-2010, 12:12 PM

Exactly. So my dad has a shop, we do work on my car that's not available to the masses. Does that mean I'm a Lyle' Service shop car? Where do you draw the line?
Does your dad's shop develop parts for the cobalt community? Do you get parts way cheaper because the shop is covering the costs for them? Do you WORK for that shop? If so, then yep, you are a shop car. Quit thinking we are just after ZZP.

I feel ya man, we are doing what we can to make everything fair to everyone. If someone slips through the cracks, then they did a damn good job of it.

I did, I didn't realize I let a pic like that get by. THat was my fault, I'll take the blame for it.
its all good, you have done a good job at keeping up with the times. alot of boards are like digging through a hay stack to compare some good times.

Last edited by hatrickstu; 01-03-2010 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-03-2010, 12:15 PM

Cool

Exactly. So my dad has a shop, we do work on my car that's not available to the masses. Does that mean I'm a Lyle's Service shop car? Where do you draw the line?
the line will be drawn when the voting is done. Read the options! Is your dad developing parts that are unavailable to the public?

Does your dad's shop develop parts for the cobalt community? Do you get parts way cheaper because the shop is covering the costs for them? Do you WORK for that shop? If so, then yep, you are a shop car. Quit thinking we are just after ZZP.

its all good, you have done a good job at keeping up with the times. alot of boards are like digging through a hay stack to compare some good times.
I appreciate that man. Means a lot. I only wish I could get back involved and be one of the people on those lists. LOL. But I gotta do what my country wants me to do for now. I'm hoping to take some leave this summer and put the 'balt back together. In the meantime, I'll just enjoy trying to urge the community to get faster and faster.

Last edited by ralliartist; 01-03-2010 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-03-2010, 12:18 PM

Of course the the parts are cheaper, it's my dads shop. Do I work for him if I work for free? And don't deny that ZZP is what this is really all about. Don't tip toe around it. Not some ZZP Nut Hugger but it's pretty obvious ppl hated their cars not being designated as "SHOP" cars.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:22 PM

nobody hated their car, you are smoking some good ****. the only thing we are getting at is that its not fair (and some of the fun is taking out of competition) when you have individuals competing on a budget and are in the same "class" as a shop car. the only reason zzp is being brought up is because they are the only ones running shop cars lol. get over it, the votes are obviously backing this opinion.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:27 PM

Of course the the parts are cheaper, it's my dads shop. Do I work for him if I work for free? And don't deny that ZZP is what this is really all about. Don't tip toe around it. Not some ZZP Nut Hugger but it's pretty obvious ppl hated their cars not being designated as "SHOP" cars.
For one, I don't hate ZZP at all. I'm trying to be completely unbiased here. I've tried to give them extra praise when I thought it was due, and people jumped me for it. But at the same time, I am one of those guys that does everything by myself sitting right in my driveway, hardly any power tools except for the ones I got from Walmart or Menards.

I've stated my personal opinion on what a shop car is over and over, but there are soo many different views about it. So instead of doing what I think is right, I've got this here poll open to let everyone vote as a community.

Yes, some people are out to stop ZZP's employees because they think it's unfair, but at the same time, this rule won't apply to just ZZP employees, it'll apply to all companies in the ecotec market.

nobody hated their car, you are smoking some good ****. the only thing we are getting at is that its not fair (and some of the fun is taking out of competition) when you have individuals competing on a budget and are in the same "class" as a shop car. the only reason zzp is being brought up is because they are the only ones running shop cars lol. get over it, the votes are obviously backing this opinion.
Stu is hitting the nail on the head. I don't get what is so confusing, you got two hardcore drag guys trying to lay it out for you. Both myself and Stu are not biased people, and at the same time, We both have a passion for Drag Racing and this community. Can't you see that we are just trying to keep the competition alive and fair?

Last edited by ralliartist; 01-03-2010 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-03-2010, 12:29 PM

Well under option #1 would that not include tuners that tune other PPL's cars for money? They develope tunes in house not available to the public and sell them to other ppl for $. Yes anyone can tune their own car, but under that mindset anyone can build their own 2.3l stroker. Not wanting to start a flamewar and I understand ZZP employees at at quite an advantage but so are engineers and any mechanics compared to the average joe.

PS I was not implying the OP or anyone on here Hates ZZP or their cars. Speaking more in a general term when I made that comment sorry if anyone was misled.

Quick Reply: Throwdown "SHOP" car Definition