Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

BIG Problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BIG Problems

Well..

Not that my weekend was going bad enough for me.. After having to drive into Brampton 2 times this weekend (about 1hr away) spending about 5-7 hrs each time.. Cause the place that ordered my steelies gave us half of them in 15 and we didnt realized until later when we went to pick up the tires, and even those there was only 1 set in stock of our order (8 tires 8 rims....).. So 2 days we had to go back so we could get the full order.. So then I finally get my set of tires and rims installed.. Bring them home to find out they were all in the same direction.. So now I need those to be changed over... So then I am happy cause I got my B and M shifter the 2nd day we went down....

Well this is where the problems begin to shitty..

I go to installe the BM and everything is working out great.. Until I find out that I never got a pivot retainer.. So now I am gonna have to call B&M tomorrow to have them send me one so I can put my shifter in.. (the part is for the little ball that extends from the bigger ball.. I dont have that peice)... But then more problems occur.. I try to put my stock shifter and and for some reason I can't get all the gears to work.. I marked the points on the cables and put them back to the same spots (or as close as I can).. Well everytime I do.. It will not let me put it in reverse.. Then I tried to play around and I can either get it to go into 5th or go into R.. But not both..

Any suggestions..

Also I can get my stock shifter to work like it suppost to.. Like the spring isnt workin for the locking mech.. I havent installed it cause I am waitin for the gears to work.. But I cant even get that to work.. Man am I in a deep hole or what..
Old 11-20-2005, 10:35 PM
South Central *********

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
you put it back together incorrectly sounds like, wither wait for the part or make sure the linkage cable isnt upside down

try this
pull up on the lock out ring and move shifter to the LEFT torwards first
if nothing try going from 1st to R with clutch in and lock out up
Old 11-20-2005, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I feel stupid, but I mean people make dumb mistakes and not paying attention can cause lots of wasted time lol...

After working on it for a while trying to play around with the shifter linkage and such.. We finally realized that the only reasn it wasnt going into 5th was because we were pushing it over way to far.. Since the plastic piece is suppose to stop the shifter from moving over to the right to far.. Well we didnt have the plastic piece on so nothing was stopping the shifter.. So it was just a stupid mistake..

But I still have to call B&M tomorrow so they can send me the missing part.. That is the only thing stopping me from doing the short shifter.. So until then I gotta still pimp it out with the stock shifter. No bigger.. I put the new bushings in there..