Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!

I tried searching and couldn't come up with anything. But, I desperately need help. I was driving my car the other day and went to shift and it grinded second and made some clunking noises. Well it got stuck in first. However, I could move the shifter from gear to gear just couldn't change gears. I went out today and could put it in any gear I wanted to at first. So I started it and went to move it and it made some loud clunking noises and then I was able to get it into first but its rough going in and i could move it like normal. I look on the bottom of the transmission and its covered in brake fluid.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:44 PM

Update! The car now seems to be stuck in gear, and tries to pull forward whenever clutch is not depressed and also makes some growling noises, once clutch is depressed it stops trying to pull forward and growling noises stop. If you try to drive forward the car acts as if it is going to stall. Help please
Old 06-01-2014, 11:39 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Does it have a burning smell like you burnt your clutch?

Brake fluid coming off the transmission? more than likely a Throw out bearing that would explain the clutch not wanting to disengage. Shitty times are ahead of ya man I did my clutch replacement IT SUCKS
Old 06-03-2014, 04:49 PM

I replaced the TOB, clutch and pressure plate not too long ago, however, it was a used clutch. so I'm fairly sure thats the issue
Old 06-09-2014, 06:47 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well if it was a used clutch that wouldn't explain the leaking brake fluid. Our transmissions are sealed therefore brake fluid leaking is usually 1 of 3 issues, Either the fluid feed line is busted, TOB is bad, or the gasket inside the distribution block is stuck in there. these are the issues that ive witnessed first hand