Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

Lost pressure in clutch peddle but still shifting smooth

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 03:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lost pressure in clutch peddle but still shifting smooth

Ok so as the title says, i lost peddle pressure but every gear goes in smoothly .
It started very random, as i go to start the car early in the morning i press the clutch peddle and it is still nice and tight . As soon as i start the car pressure is lost completely . at first i think leak somwere . I open the reservior and fill it to the max point . i pump over and over again and the level does not change and no smell of fluid as i have had in the passed with a leak problem . he slave cylinder is new not even 1000 miles on it and the clutch is a stage 3 act so for those who know this clutch there is a mass amoutn of pressure at the peddle .

So now im left to think maybe its the clutch that went bad or pressure plate but weird thing is as i said car was cold i dont drive the car hard often and it gave me no warning of maybe someting going bad . I drive the car to the shop it goes into every gear smoothly but then notice when i step on it it slips very weird !!!!!!!!

WTH is going on here anyone with some experience ? Tomorrow going to bleed system ofcoarse got to start of small before removing that trani again !

When drivin no noise is coming from the trani as to say no lose parts are boken in there its weird ! Stage 3 clutch with about 8,000 miles on it .
Old 09-28-2011, 04:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SSLOW06
Ok so as the title says, i lost peddle pressure but every gear goes in smoothly .
It started very random, as i go to start the car early in the morning i press the clutch peddle and it is still nice and tight . As soon as i start the car pressure is lost completely . at first i think leak somwere . I open the reservior and fill it to the max point . i pump over and over again and the level does not change and no smell of fluid as i have had in the passed with a leak problem . he slave cylinder is new not even 1000 miles on it and the clutch is a stage 3 act so for those who know this clutch there is a mass amoutn of pressure at the peddle .

So now im left to think maybe its the clutch that went bad or pressure plate but weird thing is as i said car was cold i dont drive the car hard often and it gave me no warning of maybe someting going bad . I drive the car to the shop it goes into every gear smoothly but then notice when i step on it it slips very weird !!!!!!!!

WTH is going on here anyone with some experience ? Tomorrow going to bleed system ofcoarse got to start of small before removing that trani again !

When drivin no noise is coming from the trani as to say no lose parts are boken in there its weird ! Stage 3 clutch with about 8,000 miles on it .
Well, i can help with the basics, its a hydrolic clutch and its not very uncommon, for pressure or slip to change with the weather. Your fluid is a liquid and will react as such.

Ive also noticed that depending on how you drive changes it as well. Chicago to St loius, i can tell you that leaving chicago, and getting to St. Louis i had two entirely different clutch feels. Same can be said for if you baby it or beat it up. For me it seems to engage more smoothly when i shift at 3k, for a few days, and never go above 3500. Its a very noticable change.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:42 PM

Hey whats up and thanks for the help but the clutch feel went from hard to super soft in 2 seconds i didnt travel to a different place nore was i even driving when this changed ,just parked . I drive my car aggresively not beat it or baby it .

And when i say it slips i mean its sliiiiiiips i have to get off the gas for it to engage and im not stomping the gas i mean normal hard acceleration .
Old 09-28-2011, 11:37 PM

Bump anyone ?
Old 09-28-2011, 11:48 PM

what brand clutch is it?
Old 09-29-2011, 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by xodus
what brand clutch is it?
act
Old 09-29-2011, 05:34 AM

In for results
Old 09-29-2011, 01:16 PM

I can either change every part that has to do with the clutch system or i can pin point the problem which i want to do because its driving me nuts ! And we all know these dam act clutch kits are not cheap !

Im going to call act today and see what knowledge they can fill me in with
Old 09-29-2011, 04:50 PM

Sit on a slight incline I dunno 10-15 degree hill, put it in first gear let out on the clutch just enough to hold the car in one place for an extended period of time, if the car rolls backwards your clutch is either gone or your pressure plate is bad or you need to adjust the clutch.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:35 PM

I don't know about the problem, but I did have to comment on the price of ACT clutch kits.
I have one, and it wasn't cheap, but I don't regret buying it.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:48 PM

Spoke to Ryan at ACT and he explaiend to me that if the pressure plate was bad the car wouldnt be able to shift at all ! And as i stated earlier car goes into every gear and drives normal just not under hard acceleration.
S he recomended i check the master cylinder and flex hose for a small leak . He said the slightest leak may cause tthe clutch to preload and not let the pressure plate open entirely explaining why it shifts but slips when engine has laod . Next week getting master cylinder and flex hose and the y connection aswell gona just change everything outside i can before i think of even taking this trani off again .
Old 09-30-2011, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by SSLOW06
Spoke to Ryan at ACT and he explaiend to me that if the pressure plate was bad the car wouldnt be able to shift at all ! And as i stated earlier car goes into every gear and drives normal just not under hard acceleration.
S he recomended i check the master cylinder and flex hose for a small leak . He said the slightest leak may cause tthe clutch to preload and not let the pressure plate open entirely explaining why it shifts but slips when engine has laod . Next week getting master cylinder and flex hose and the y connection aswell gona just change everything outside i can before i think of even taking this trani off again .
I thought you only lost pressure in your pedal?

Reason why I changed my clutch was, because of the bolded.
New TOB and Clutch Kit fixed that.