Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

Love the new ottp stage 2 mounts

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Love the new ottp stage 2 mounts

Hey just a quick question about these things. I have a lot more vibrations now.. which I knew was going to happen but when you guys floor it, does it feel like the car vibrates crazily, any way of finding out if something is wrong... I did the install (using the how to) but never knew it was going to vibrate this much, not a problem just dont want to drive a messed up car... if it is.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine only vibrates around 1000 rpm when starting out from a stop. Loosen the top passenger mount, rock it a bit in 1st & reverse, tighten it and see if that helps. If not you may need to loosen the lower mounts and rock it in place some. The vibs lessen over time as the rubber softens up or maybe I just got used to it.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:45 PM

thanks man.. I will do that with the passenger mount right now.. THIS **** IS FUN!!!... love how you dont feel the flexing of the motor as much.. still havent WOT yet.. bald tires and i dont want to stress anything untill it feels better then now.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Gixxercobaltdriver
Hey just a quick question about these things. I have a lot more vibrations now.. which I knew was going to happen but when you guys floor it, does it feel like the car vibrates crazily, any way of finding out if something is wrong... I did the install (using the how to) but never knew it was going to vibrate this much, not a problem just dont want to drive a messed up car... if it is.
You can expect more vibes with stage 2..no doubt about it. It won't hurt anything, but it can be annoying. Just depends on what you're looking for. I don't like excess vibes because it takes away from the overall driving experience for me. I went with stage 1 for this reason, which only gives vibes when AC is on. Stage 2 is prolly more effective in reducing wheel hop than stage 1. You can always go to stage 1, which uses your stock rear mount and a special spacer below it. Keep your stock rear mount just in case you want to do that.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by ronn
You can expect more vibes with stage 2..no doubt about it. It won't hurt anything, but it can be annoying. Just depends on what you're looking for. I don't like excess vibes because it takes away from the overall driving experience for me. I went with stage 1 for this reason, which only gives vibes when AC is on. Stage 2 is prolly more effective in reducing wheel hop than stage 1. You can always go to stage 1, which uses your stock rear mount and a special spacer below it. Keep your stock rear mount just in case you want to do that.
Yup, I kept both the front and rear mounts.. I knew it was going to vibrate but i just dont know if the vibrations i feel now are kind you are supposed to have (after i did the passenger engine mount like the previous guy said to)

When I start off, very viby but its fine not to bad..

Once I go WOT it feels like the motor is shaking badly.. I completely understand the concept of these new mounts (to make the motor not flex as much and keep the trans in a more locked down spot which will give more vibrations) just want to know if anyone else if feeling this to... just for reassurance.. I checked all bolts to be tight... might loosen front and rear bolts again and see if the motor will squat down right once i do a slow moving blip of throttle.... we will see

any advice thanks in advance.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:22 AM

Yup, I kept both the front and rear mounts.. I knew it was going to vibrate but i just dont know if the vibrations i feel now are kind you are supposed to have (after i did the passenger engine mount like the previous guy said to)

When I start off, very viby but its fine not to bad..

Once I go WOT it feels like the motor is shaking badly.. I completely understand the concept of these new mounts (to make the motor not flex as much and keep the trans in a more locked down spot which will give more vibrations) just want to know if anyone else if feeling this to... just for reassurance.. I checked all bolts to be tight... might loosen front and rear bolts again and see if the motor will squat down right once i do a slow moving blip of throttle.... we will see

any advice thanks in advance.
Do you have the stock motor mounts on the passenger side? I hope so..if you have firmer mounts there it's really bad. You car should not vibrate a lot on WOT. Redo all the bolts again.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by ronn
Do you have the stock motor mounts on the passenger side? I hope so..if you have firmer mounts there it's really bad. You car should not vibrate a lot on WOT. Redo all the bolts again.
Yup stock motor mounts. it does vibrate alot as in, when I WOT, it will shake the car as in a hum. I will re-loosen the front and rear mounts to see if the engine will drop in its spot.... Ill update when I get a chance today, as in thursday night.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
my car doesnt vibrate too much and i have the both tranny mounts.
vibrates more than the stock mounts but nothing too bad.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:15 AM

The vibrations aren't really much different S1 or S2, I had both on mine. I have the Stage1 spacer if you want it, PM me.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Iam Broke
The vibrations aren't really much different S1 or S2, I had both on mine. I have the Stage1 spacer if you want it, PM me.
hey when you WOT what RPM do you do it in. I hope my cars clutch isnt going yet... Ill WOT around 40 mph in 2nd and the RPMs go up but the spedo doesnt.. thats a clutch slippage right? or does the car use the wheels speed sensors in the back as well?

before the mounts i would do it and the i felt and heard the tires spin.. now I just hear that hum...
Old 05-05-2011, 10:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i went from the TTR top solid motor mount and poly inserts on the stock tranny mounts

strong vibes, as the motor was apart of the body. i liked the vibes as it felt more alive

when to the ottp stg2 recently, vibes are like ummmm stock haha

shifts are solid, no wheel hop too
Old 05-05-2011, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by DSmastery
i went from the TTR top solid motor mount and poly inserts on the stock tranny mounts

strong vibes, as the motor was apart of the body. i liked the vibes as it felt more alive

when to the ottp stg2 recently, vibes are like ummmm stock haha

shifts are solid, no wheel hop too
YUP!! launched last night on a smooth NEW road.. and my tires didnt do any hopping at all just a chirp and then a nice consistent SMOOTH pull... like the upgrade with these just gotta make sure the vibs I am feeling are right...
Old 05-05-2011, 11:38 AM

hey when you WOT what RPM do you do it in. I hope my cars clutch isnt going yet... Ill WOT around 40 mph in 2nd and the RPMs go up but the spedo doesnt.. thats a clutch slippage right? or does the car use the wheels speed sensors in the back as well?

before the mounts i would do it and the i felt and heard the tires spin.. now I just hear that hum...
Clutch is slippin'. Sensors on the rear are for ABS. If the wheels were slippin', the spedo would go up with the tach.

Try a 3rd gear pull starting at 55 mph. 2nd gear at 4k my tires fry.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Iam Broke
Clutch is slippin'. Sensors on the rear are for ABS. If the wheels were slippin', the spedo would go up with the tach.

Try a 3rd gear pull starting at 55 mph. 2nd gear at 4k my tires fry.
a 2nd gear 4000k pull i smoke the tires for sure.. last night i was testing that myself..

will try the 55mph in 3rd...

probably since now i have the motor locked down more than stock the stock clutch cant handle the 3000rpm pulls anymore... no more give in the mounts... lol