Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

Tranny Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 04:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Scrappyvegas
Already started down that road with GM complaints. Told them I wanted a By-Back and a new car delivered. The "DISNEY" comment with a smile I could feel through the phone was "We will do everything in our power to make things right Mr. ?" give me a break. I've had so much happy sunshine **** blown up my butt since this started, I could barf a tan. But I am calling everyday (twice) to be a thorn in thier side until I get my car back or a new one delivered to my door.
Have you mentioned the dreaded L word to them (lawyer)? I don't know that you'd have to get one involved but it might scare at least a little bit of sense into them....just a thought.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well talked to a "Manager" at the complaint center tody. Was told that the area rep from GM is involved and will be making a decision on tommorrow as to Bye_Back, trade me out or pull from lot vehicle to repair my car. The dealer and everyone is on the same sheet and it looks to have gotten to someone who MAY, and I say MAY reluctantly, make a decision. May be a smoke screen but gonna give the tilltommorrow and start throwing stones again. Of course i'll do it in a polite way to not be black balled or anything. But insistant on getting this resolved in less that 7 to 10 weeks as they are currently on.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:53 PM

The lot vehicle pull is an obvious solution... i mean whats more important, a car sitting on the lot or an owners car? that guy better take care of you or we should all get a petition going to get your car bought back or traded.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:24 PM

I agree, the problem is it's harder for chevy to ask a dealer to pull something off a car in thier inventory. Once the car leaves and is assigned to a dealership, they own it, although they are licensed to sell that product the factory cannot make a dealership do this. At least that's what I was told by GM Complaints and the Service Manager. I just got an e-mail from my local news, who is looking into story angle on this. They are confused as we all are why it would take 7 to 10 weeks for an american vehicle part. We all know that all vehicle are world vehicles now. Assembled with parts from here and there to complete the product. Thanks for the backing, hope no one else out there has to deal with this as I am.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:26 PM

Let us know how it turns out, the news story angle definitely sounds like a good one. No one likes bad press, it might light a fire under someone's ass to get you your car fixed.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:26 PM

GREAT NEWS! got the car back today. They fixed the door panel, and the tranny works great. it does shift a little different than before, but can get used to it. Only took two weeks to the day. VERY GLAD TO HAVE IT BACK>oh by the way they had to get part from assembly line. the parts in germany and switz. are put together here to make a complete part. that's what GM told me with thier follow up call today.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:30 PM

Congrats man... i don't know why you had to go through all that bull when the solution was obvious from the beginning, but at least GM FINALLY got you your car back.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:46 PM

NICE! Congrats! Do you notice the shifts are a lot smoother? I noticed that with mine, before I had to push a little hard to get it into gear, now it slips in with MUCH less effort than before.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:03 AM

GREAT NEWS! got the car back today. They fixed the door panel, and the tranny works great. it does shift a little different than before, but can get used to it. Only took two weeks to the day. VERY GLAD TO HAVE IT BACK>oh by the way they had to get part from assembly line. the parts in germany and switz. are put together here to make a complete part. that's what GM told me with thier follow up call today.
They should have done that in the beginning, instead of ordering from Germany and The Suisse! I'm calling BULLSHIT on this one.

Congrats on getting your car back tho, Hope it doesn't happen again!
Old 09-27-2005, 12:36 PM

Yea, same here. Thanks
Old 09-27-2005, 12:38 PM

Hey. Alleycat, it does feel better except second does'nt like to down shift. Wants to pop out, already called and want the service manager to drive and feel. Otherwise it does feel smother than before.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:06 PM

Hey. Alleycat, it does feel better except second does'nt like to down shift. Wants to pop out, already called and want the service manager to drive and feel. Otherwise it does feel smother than before.
Yeah, ask him about it. Mine's fine for downshifting unless the RPMs are going to be too high. Third is fine but second you have to make sure you can match revs almost perfectly before it will go in. If it's at low speed and there's not going to be more than say 500 RPM difference, it'll slide right in.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:23 PM

Yea, same as mine pretty much. Taken back so service manager can drive and see what he thinks. Gonna make sure adjustments are right anyways. Said they would have the car in and out in a hour or 2. I'll let you know if it helps, just feels like second is to tight in the linkage. All other gears have play on the shifter, second feels stiff.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:28 PM

Of course, the shop supervisor and trans tech both say linkage is right and could not get second to pop out. As I drove away it did it again. Gonna pull it apart and see if there is an adjustment and do it myself.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:29 PM

Of course, the shop supervisor and trans tech both say linkage is right and could not get second to pop out. As I drove away it did it again. Gonna pull it apart and see if there is an adjustment and do it myself.
That sucks man, hopefully you can find an adjustment on it. I know it can be done, I just don't know how and my service guy is out for 2 weeks so I can't call and ask. Let me know what you find.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:15 AM

Yea, i will. Gonna pull interior apart this weekend and try to figure it out.