Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Aeroforce interceptor problem...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aeroforce interceptor problem...

I hooked up my interceptor I got in the mail today from ZZP. Everything is wired fine, no problems there. I start up my car, and it says "GXP Edition" on the start up screen. After the car runs for a while, and the gauge reads "Annuciator ON," it goes to a screen that says "SHORT TRIM B2" and "LONG TRIM B2"

I know what the codes are for, but it also makes my car's electronics start wiggin out. The dash says "POWER STEERING" and the ABS light on the dash flashes on and off. I turned off the car, and tried to start it again. I got nothing. Unplugged the gauge, the car runs perfectly fine.

ANY help would be great.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:19 AM

So, figured out how to get to the setup menu and everything. I got the gauge to power up and changed the GXP to SS. Turns out I was just an idiot.

Now, I start the car up, and changed the Interceptor to read RPM's only. Gauge panel on the dash works, Interceptor powers up, and then every single time the gauge tries to scan the ECU, the Interceptor freezes, and my gauge panel on the dash stops working. All gauges drop to zero, No readings for anything... (RPM's, MPH, Fuel level, etc.) ABS still flashes erratically, and the dash still says "POWER STEERING," "LOW FUEL," and "LOW COOLANT."

Anyone?? Anything?

I'm going to take it into a dealership tomorrow morning and see if there is something wrong with my OBD-II connector in the car...
Old 09-27-2011, 07:11 AM

I am having similar issues,

I have an 05' SS therefore I had to remove the red jumpers on the back of each gauge... I have it all wired to the stock boost gauge power (Pink wire). When I plugged in the gauges for the first time it sounded like the car was turning on (electrical) then stopped. The gauges continued to stay on and wouldn't turn off and the dash says "POWER STEERING". Also, when I turn off the car and take the key out, my car continues to run for about 30 seconds before shutting off completely...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Pike

PS I feel it is also important to mention that origionally I did forget to take off the jumpers while the unit was plugged in. I removed the jumpers while the unit was on... I can't see how that would make any difference, hopefully I am right.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:30 AM
Banned

"To connect switched 12v power first remove
the jumper next to the main connector if connecting to external power. This
jumper is required for OBD2 port power only"

and yes jumpers can make a huge difference...if you tapped it into an existing wiring power and ground then remove the jumper.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by 05Slowline
"To connect switched 12v power first remove
the jumper next to the main connector if connecting to external power. This
jumper is required for OBD2 port power only"

and yes jumpers can make a huge difference...if you tapped it into an existing wiring power and ground then remove the jumper.
Yes, like I said, I did tap into a 12v source (The power to the stock boost gauge, pink wire) and I did remove the jumpers, but still it is not working properly.

I think my issue is that I am connected to the stock boost gauge power, I just don't understand why it would make a difference.

-Pike