Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

amp question

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 03:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
amp question

ok.. i want to get another audiobahn 10" sub.. basically it would run on a 2 ohm load. its 900 watts RMS. so it would be 1800 watts RMS alltogether. now my question is, what audiobahn amp could i buy that could power both of them? i have no idea what to look for.. heres the link for the amps,

http://www.audiobahn.com/Audiobahn06/pages/amps.html

and then scroll down to the high current amplifiers. thats the model i want if i can use it to power both of them.or would i still need to use my sony amp to power one then get an audiobahn to power the other one? id just rather get one audiobahn amp to power both. and just in case you want more specs on my subs, heres the link for them..

http://www.audiobahn.com/Audiobahn06/pages/woofers.html

then scroll down to flame Q series and its the AW1006T. thanks guys
Old 04-02-2007, 03:14 AM

i would suggest buying another amp, i did a custom trunk with two amps, one for each sub, and it was beyond loud
Old 04-02-2007, 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by slowbalt19
i would suggest buying another amp, i did a custom trunk with two amps, one for each sub, and it was beyond loud
so you dont think one of those audiobahn amps would do the job? mind you im not looking to blow out my windows or anything lol
Old 04-02-2007, 06:05 AM

Remember, you want that much of peak power. A 1800w continues amp will mess up or even blow your subs if their rated at 900w peak each since they would be getting double that at peak output from the amp.

I second the two amp idea. If you wire em up right, you can get stereo bass.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by InfinityzeN
Remember, you want that much of peak power. A 1800w continues amp will mess up or even blow your subs if their rated at 900w peak each since they would be getting double that at peak output from the amp.

I second the two amp idea. If you wire em up right, you can get stereo bass.
i believe my subs go to 1200 watts peak but what do you mean stereo bass? i believe my sony amp is a monoblock amp whatever that means.i really didnt want to use my sony amp with the audiobahn because for some reason my sony amp makes noise when i drive and i dont know why.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by VeNoM0713
i believe my sony amp is a monoblock amp whatever that means.
I'd recomend 2 amps. Audiobahn doesn't have the greatest track record so if one blows you'll at least still have half of your bass. A monoblock is just one channel amplifier as opposed to a 2 channel, or 4 channel, etc. They usually come with class d circuity which is more power efficient for subwoofers.

i believe my subs go to 1200 watts peak but what do you mean stereo bass?
It is very rare to have a song where you can differentiate left from right when it comes the low notes subs will play. The lengths of the waves are so long that human can't really tell exactly where it's coming from. Normally, people pack their subwoofers in the their trunks all right next to each other and usually in the same box so the 'stereo bass' would just cancel itself out anyway.

i really didnt want to use my sony amp with the audiobahn because for some reason my sony amp makes noise when i drive and i dont know why.
Your noise issue while you are driving is most likely related to a bad ground (loose connection, poor choice of location, or not properly sanded down) or possibly an rca issue. Try disconnecting amps to see if it is indeed from the amps or the head unit.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:19 PM

it's better to have to much power than not enough , if you are gonna stick with audiobahn as a brand i would use 2 amps, if you are open to other types of amps ya could look at Orions, Kicker, MATTS, or Rockford who make reliable, very strong amps capable of running 2 high powered speakers with no problem. Like previously stated Audiobahns amplifiers aren't known for mad reliability, but they sound pretty nice while their working lol.