Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

few small issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 10:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
few small issues

Ok so I put in a pioneer cd player in my car last night...... I used the AI wire harness.... all was good speakers worked... but I had to run my own ACC ok fine tapped the fuse box... nothin I haven't don't b4. But the harness doesn't have a spot for the illumination? So it won't light up if the unit isn't on. Also I just noticed that if I don't have the car/ ignition on I don't have any power to the unit to even eject the cd???? Or look at the clock (don't think that's normal) and last it was a real pain the the ass to get the unit itself to fit because it was too long!!!!! So I had to modify that plastic piece back in the dash and its still a tight squeeze..

Also I noticed someone said that after they installed an aftermarket unit they could still take there key out and it stay on like factory...... mine doesn't do that. How can I make it do this?

Last edited by rockstarbass1; 04-11-2008 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-11-2008, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rockstarbass1
Ok so I put in a pioneer cd player in my car last night...... I used the AI wire harness.... all was good speakers worked... but I had to run my own ACC ok fine tapped the fuse box... nothin I haven't don't b4. But the harness doesn't have a spot for the illumination? So it won't light up if the unit isn't on. Also I just noticed that if I don't have the car/ ignition on I don't have any power to the unit to even eject the cd???? Or look at the clock (don't think that's normal) and last it was a real pain the the ass to get the unit itself to fit because it was too long!!!!! So I had to modify that plastic piece back in the dash and its still a tight squeeze..

Also I noticed someone said that after they installed an aftermarket unit they could still take there key out and it stay on like factory...... mine doesn't do that. How can I make it do this?
try another harness.... theres a few in the sticky i believe
Old 04-11-2008, 11:39 AM

Well I heard the metra harness is the good one. But idk where to get it from. But if I can find it and it will give me the features that I said I don't have now ill buy it if not. Idk
Old 04-12-2008, 04:31 AM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
u used the wrong fuse.... There is no ill wire but it normally just makes it "dim" when your car lights are on this should be true for your pioneer. and the ACC is the car/ignition on they are one in the same

hit me up with a pic of the AI harness and model. I wasnt aware they same out with a cobalt specific one so ill add it to the faq if its legit
Old 04-12-2008, 08:10 PM

its not for the cobalt..... well at the place they told me it was but on the package it says 04+ malibu??? it worked tho... fixed all the problems except the ill. wire... wich doesnt matter just if i have the deck off no lights light up if i have my head lights on like it would with stock.. o well also i figured out how to make it stay on for 15 min after i turn the car off like the factory does!!!!
Old 04-13-2008, 12:05 AM

the ILL (dimmer) wire is just for changing brighness at night, as far as not running after the key is out, you need to add the Ign wire to a fuse that stays on. (I suggest the sunroof, although that shuts off after the pasenger door is opened. ) the stock radio gets it's on and off from the Computer in the car and only turns off after the drivers door is open.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:21 AM

I used the Axxes harness and mine stays on like the stock stereo did when you take out the key until you open the door then it goes off and i tapped into the wiper fuse "25 fuse"