Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

My HU is being retarded

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 03:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My HU is being retarded

Everything was working perfectly til yesturday when I took out my batterys ground and added another ground wire, when I turned the car back on my voltage gauge and both amps powered up but the HU didn't light up at all and started beeping really fast for the first few seconds then stopped, I hit the reset button on the HU and now nothing powers up (HU, amps, voltage gauge)...I checked both fuses on the amp (1 fuse on red power wire, 1 glass fuse on yellow "back up" wire) both were replaced and I've checked the necessary fuses in the interior fuse box with no luck...

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
Old 04-26-2010, 10:54 AM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
is the new ground tight in the back and front?
Old 04-26-2010, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brickloaf
Everything was working perfectly til yesturday when I took out my batterys ground and added another ground wire, when I turned the car back on my voltage gauge and both amps powered up but the HU didn't light up at all and started beeping really fast for the first few seconds then stopped, I hit the reset button on the HU and now nothing powers up (HU, amps, voltage gauge)...I checked both fuses on the amp (1 fuse on red power wire, 1 glass fuse on yellow "back up" wire) both were replaced and I've checked the necessary fuses in the interior fuse box with no luck...

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
don't know what kind of eclipse HU you have but the fact that you removed the ground (the unit assumes its been removed from the vehicle) and the headunit beeped quickly upon powerup sounds like a security feature of it...sometimes the reset button isn't enough...just my 2 cents, not necessarily right but just a thought...if it went into security lockdown or w/e it wouldn't send the power-on signal through the remote wires either...i'd suggest googling your HU model and looking for security questions etc.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by EmperorJJ1
is the new ground tight in the back and front?
I ended up taking out the 2nd ground cuz I thought that may be my problem

I've removed my ground like 100 times prior to this and never had a problem but I just recently had a alarm system put in but it dosent se like that would cause the radio to lock up and beep at me
Old 04-26-2010, 03:48 PM

I ended up taking out the 2nd ground cuz I thought that may be my problem

I've removed my ground like 100 times prior to this and never had a problem but I just recently had a alarm system put in but it dosent se like that would cause the radio to lock up and beep at me
huh....interesting...bad ground mebbe ?:/
Old 04-26-2010, 09:31 PM

I used to have an Eclipse.
That ESN is hit or miss sometimes.
Did You have to code it to a CD when you got it?

I def agree with the above post, it sounds like a typical Eclipse security issue. Whats the model #
Old 04-26-2010, 11:42 PM

It's the eclipse cd3200...

I honestly have no idea what to look for but damn I want this fixed soon having no music sucks

And btw I had circuit city install it and they are no longer in business but I never had to use any sort of cd

Last edited by brickloaf; 04-26-2010 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-27-2010, 01:22 AM

You want the good news or the bad news?

Your unit is either flashing because it wants you to code a CD for the security, or because it wants the coded CD that has been already made.

If you have the owners manual instructions to code a CD are on Pg 60. If not heres the link
http://www.eclipse-web.com/us/downlo...CD3200ae99.pdf

If CC coded it to a Cd without telling you then you will have to contact Eclipse and see what they can do for you, but there's way to say that they will 100% help you.
From what I've herd Eclipse /Fujitsu is not known for there customer service being all that good. In any case if it is coded it will most likely involve you sending the unit back to them for re-coding.

I feel for you bickloaf, to be honest I hope I'm wrong about it. But it sounds like what happened to me, however I had the CD I coded to the unit.

Remember it has to be a bought CD not a burnt one, and when your done put the damn thing in your sock drawer or something so you don't loose it
Old 04-27-2010, 07:51 AM

I don't think the HU is asking for a CD because it would not even let me open the face plate to put a cd in...while it does seem like a security issue it seems like it would have to be a blown fuse or something electrical since I was messing with the power supply at the time and I've never had problems with the security on the HU
Old 04-27-2010, 09:12 PM

I don't think the HU is asking for a CD because it would not even let me open the face plate to put a cd in...while it does seem like a security issue it seems like it would have to be a blown fuse or something electrical since I was messing with the power supply at the time and I've never had problems with the security on the HU
there's a first for everything...i mean...sometimes when i'm modding my stuff my unit will shut off and show up with my pin number entry screen...sometimes not.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:04 AM

I emailed eclipse but in the mean time I have no idea what to do...I'm going to be pissed if it is completly destroyed but I guess it would be a good time to upgrade to a indash DVD
Old 04-28-2010, 09:17 AM

I emailed eclipse but in the mean time I have no idea what to do...I'm going to be pissed if it is completly destroyed but I guess it would be a good time to upgrade to a indash DVD
see look at the bright side
Old 04-28-2010, 01:32 PM

lol ya not quite so bright... eclipse shut down all usa production so it might be a while if ever that you get a response. So i would yank it from the vehicle for now. Let the caps discharge then try putting it back in a day later. Eclipses are somewhat notorious for having crazy security. then again I've set it off on my kenwood a few times by disconnecting the batt or what not.

to some extent i hope its not a security issue otherwise you may be stuck. then again if it isn't i don't know what it could be so
Old 04-28-2010, 11:36 PM

lol ya not quite so bright... eclipse shut down all usa production so it might be a while if ever that you get a response. So i would yank it from the vehicle for now. Let the caps discharge then try putting it back in a day later. Eclipses are somewhat notorious for having crazy security. then again I've set it off on my kenwood a few times by disconnecting the batt or what not.

to some extent i hope its not a security issue otherwise you may be stuck. then again if it isn't i don't know what it could be so
well i emailed eclipse and they emailed back the next day and told me to email technical support and its been a day and no response from them so ill give it a few days before i call these ******* cause it sucks rollin around with no beats
Old 04-29-2010, 12:01 AM

well i emailed eclipse and they emailed back the next day and told me to email technical support and its been a day and no response from them so ill give it a few days before i call these ******* cause it sucks rollin around with no beats
well......last time i had an issue like this was when i installed my buddies system and he left a light on a week after, battery died, and he had to recharge....eclipse unit, security popped, couldn't find detailed info online and it was a used unit...took them about a week to respond.

also im still debating this windshield tint lol, esp since i got my inspection a month ago so i can get away with it for another year basically.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:11 AM

mine passed inspection with the windshield tinted but they bitched about my black lights and i had to buy new tail lights just for inspection...

windshield is just risky cause of police....a tinted windshield is ALOT more noticable than illegal side windows but it gives the car a whole new look

ill get some pics up once i get my side windows redone down to 15%

itll be dark as ****

Last edited by brickloaf; 04-29-2010 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-29-2010, 12:11 AM

mine passed inspection with the windshield tinted but they bitched about my black lights and i had to buy new tail lights just for inspection...

windshield is just risky cause of police....a tinted windshield is ALOT more noticable than illegal side windows but it gives the car a whole new look
yea that got me too......the tinted taillights...i tried to argue with the guy since they were then stock lights "but look, it says dot sae here, i swear its how they came" but yea i dunno i just know it would overall make my car look alot darker considering i have 18% all round but that stupid tan dash that reflects light back in. yea let me know i gotta see that. anyways im out im tired as **** and have work at 5 and i just finished my struts and rims an hour ago.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:13 AM

ya 35% on the shield is crazy when u have limo all the way around. i want to do like 50% on mine but im a puss.... last thing i need is tint tickets
Old 04-29-2010, 12:28 AM

ya 35% on the shield is crazy when u have limo all the way around. i want to do like 50% on mine but im a puss.... last thing i need is tint tickets
yea 50 isnt really dark but if youve got limo all the way around it should make a difference...anything else and 50% would be worthless

anyways im gunna unplug everything from the back of the HU in a minute and let it sit for like a day

Originally Posted by c4w18
yea that got me too......the tinted taillights...i tried to argue with the guy since they were then stock lights "but look, it says dot sae here, i swear its how they came" but yea i dunno i just know it would overall make my car look alot darker considering i have 18% all round but that stupid tan dash that reflects light back in. yea let me know i gotta see that. anyways im out im tired as **** and have work at 5 and i just finished my struts and rims an hour ago.
yea if you get 35 on the front it will be dark but not blacked out....keep in mind my back 3 windows are 2 layers of 5% so when your looking straight at my car the windshield looks completly black unless it's realll sunny out

Last edited by brickloaf; 04-29-2010 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-29-2010, 12:57 AM

ya id have the same **** too then. ive got 35 all the way around plus 20 in the front 2, single 5 on the back 2, and double 5 on the very back
Old 04-29-2010, 01:01 AM

Yea but you live in a oven so I donut cops would freak about tint
Old 04-29-2010, 01:07 AM

living in an oven is so true. getting hot as hell already man. ill stop messing up ur thread thou with tint talk
Old 04-29-2010, 01:13 AM

It's cool cause I don't think anyone on CSS has any idea what could be wrong with my HU
Old 04-29-2010, 02:31 AM

lol true
Old 04-29-2010, 03:13 AM

ha sry to hear bout ur HU bump.

i just saqw a new mini van with limo on all windows including the windshield

Quick Reply: My HU is being retarded