Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

My XM radio subscription

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My XM radio subscription

This is new to me as I've only had my car exact one week. I love the XM, and want to have a subscription when my free 3 months is up. So what will happen?

- Will XM be contacting me? How would they have my contact info?

- Wil GM be contacting me?

- Do I need to go on-line myself and sign up?

- How will my subscription be assign to my car?

- Will they offer me some kind of a deal when the time is up? To get me to sign up. Or just the normal offer?

TIA.

Last edited by GoLowDrew; 02-01-2008 at 01:18 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by GoLowDrew
This is new to me as I've only had my car exact one week. I love the XM, and want to have a subscription when my free 3 months is up. So what will happen?

- Wil GM be contacting me?

- Do I need to go on-line myself and sign up?

- How will me subscription be assign to my car?

- Will they offer me some kind of a deal when the time is up? To get me to sign up. Or just the normal offer?

TIA.
I think they contatct you but I contacted by calling the 800 number a week before the subscription ran out lol (I was set up but they didn't charge my card till the day the subscription ran out). They normally don't offer you anything but I read about a $77 year subscription special and used that when I called the representative and she gave it to me! This was back in September, but they've had that deal for many years from what I read so it should still work.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:20 PM

Answer this for me. How did XM "find" you car? You called, you paid. How do they link your car to you and your subcription? Does the car have a code we need to give them?
Old 02-01-2008, 01:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Something like that, there is a unit in the rear deck lid that runs the show. When you talk to them you give them the info, it should be in you owners manual, but I think most of it goes to them when you buy the car, the dealership sends it through. Otherwise the cars on the lot would all have SAT radio in them and would have to be sold before the 3 months was up, ask the salesmen who sold you the car, they should know for sure
Old 02-01-2008, 01:37 PM

- How will my subscription be assign to my car?

TIA.
They will / should be sending you info in the mail soon. I know when my 3 month was almost up I was getting **** from XM like one a week, haha.

Its assign thought some sort number that you can see in your radio...I cant remember how you get it to pop up but Im pretty sure the XM can help you with that, they may even already know your number off hand.

The deal they offered my was only a good deal if I paid for 2years service.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:40 PM

Answer this for me. How did XM "find" you car? You called, you paid. How do they link your car to you and your subcription? Does the car have a code we need to give them?
from your stock radio you have to be on the xm frequency and go to channel 0 where you will find your radio id.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:46 AM

XM experts: I have another car that don't have X. I plan to get this: Audiovox XPress.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...sr=8-3&seller=

I plan to use it with the FM transmiter (Yes, I know other install methods are better).

Questions:

- This is all I need for my car, other than a XM subscription, right?
- How would you rank the music quality? 10 = best.
- I know it will not be as good as the Cobalt because it's not built in, but will I be disappointed with this unit?
- I read that you can get better transmission by "putting it closer to the car's antenna." Do they mean putting the unit closer to the antenna or the XM antenna only? In this case, the car antenna is in the rear window. So I have to put my unit back there to be best? And operate by the remote?

TIA

<-----------XM rookie.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:27 AM

XM Sucks, get Sirius.

Or wait for the Merger.

To answer your question. they will contact you.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:16 PM

- This is all I need for my car, other than a XM subscription, right(? (yes, but read below)

- How would you rank the music quality? 10 = best. (6, below CD quality 96kbps I think)

- I know it will not be as good as the Cobalt because it's not built in, but will I be disappointed with this unit? (I wouldnt be happy with it)

- I read that you can get better transmission by "putting it closer to the car's antenna." Do they mean putting the unit closer to the antenna or the XM antenna only? In this case, the car antenna is in the rear window. So I have to put my unit back there to be best? And operate by the remote?

The closer you get to your cars antenna the worse it will be.

Personally, I'd invest in a deck that supports a XM receiver (most do now adays), and get an XM receiver for it, like the Cobalt does XM, with the receiver hidden and connected to the deck.