Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

the rattling...

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the rattling...

So i have 1 sub wired down to 2 ohms running at over 350wrms...and it rattles the **** outta my trunk whenever i turn it up.....has anyone here been succesfull in gettign rid a majority of the rattling? if so whatd u do? i was gonna dynamat it but other ppl have posted it didnt do **** all for alotta $$....any ideas...
Old 07-28-2006, 12:36 PM

Dynomatt or an equivlent is really your only option.

Personally I would but a 1ft square of dyno.. and find what is causing the noise and dyno the contact points. Lol.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:40 PM

well...ive found what rattles the most...the sheet under the trunk lid...and the knobs that unlock the rear seats..i was thinking of taking the sheet out but that may not be a good idea...
Old 07-28-2006, 12:44 PM

also check thoses clips on top of your deck lid..the one's for the baby seat and all...thoses rattle like crazy in my car.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:46 PM

well i work at Tweeter so let me put my 2cents in.....although it's 2cents of pro knowlege lol.....dynamat is a good way to go but u wont see dramitic results by only doing the trunk lid....generally it is the real quater panels that rattle....if u use any sound deadener be sure to do the whole trunk including under the spare tire....that should solve the issue....u can also try secondskinaudio.com and use the spectrum paste (cheaper than dynamat)...i used it for the majority of my trunk in my old car and between that and the dynamat my license plate didnt even make noise...good luck
Old 07-28-2006, 12:48 PM

omfg my comp at work locked and this is what happened? 4 duplicate posts....so sry guys...wow thats wierd...i will delete dups now
Old 07-28-2006, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by SIMMONS 2.0
well i work at Tweeter so let me put my 2cents in.....
mmmmk

well i install at samsaudio, so lemme put my 2cents in...

...and to answer the original topic... yea... ive been having my rear end torn down for about 2months now tryin to find alllll the rattles... my major ones were the lil speed clip like things that hold the 6x9s in (i took rear spks out)... the rear seat poppers... and a couple wires that were ran around... and as of right now my biggest rattle is the rearview mirror, not sure how, but it rattles... oh and my radar, it bounces around on the windshield...

dynamat is some good stuff, but really, there is alottttaa stuff out there that does the same exact thing for alot less... really, just go to yahoo and search for 'sound deadening' and you'll see... biggest difference ive found is the smell... with some youll get an asphalt smell in your car for a couple days, where as with dynamat, you wont...