Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

What Subs To Get?...

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What Subs To Get?...

Hey Guys. Im jus wondering what all you guys think. Ive been thinking about a system for my Cobalt and im still decideing on which too get. Im still debating on either Pioneer or Alpine. And also, I want a screen in with it, so i was wondering should i go with a flip up by itself and get a deck seperate. Or should i Jus get a Deck with tha flip up in the deck? What do you think would be better, better looking, and better price wise? Either one...what brand do you think i should go with, i think alpine, but there both good...soo i jus want all your guys thoughts. That would be alsome if you could respond, Thanks!
Old 01-04-2006, 09:07 AM

just buy mine they arent alpines or Pioneers.. but they are deffienetly louder than most of there subs.. but also depends on what kind of bass you are looking for
Old 01-07-2006, 05:26 PM

Hmmm... decisions decisions... how much do you want to spend, give me a price and i will build you the best system for the money
Old 01-07-2006, 05:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Blk06CobaltSS
Hey Guys. Im jus wondering what all you guys think. Ive been thinking about a system for my Cobalt and im still decideing on which too get. Im still debating on either Pioneer or Alpine. And also, I want a screen in with it, so i was wondering should i go with a flip up by itself and get a deck seperate. Or should i Jus get a Deck with tha flip up in the deck? What do you think would be better, better looking, and better price wise? Either one...what brand do you think i should go with, i think alpine, but there both good...soo i jus want all your guys thoughts. That would be alsome if you could respond, Thanks!
I am confused... The title asks about subs and then you only ask about decks? What is your budget?
Old 01-07-2006, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Blk06CobaltSS

if you want you can buy my almost brand new condition Pioneer 7600 with a bunch of screen savers and remote and in box... Ill sell you it for $200 it cost me $300 which the price remains on the box.. so let me know
Old 01-07-2006, 11:51 PM

Rockford Fosgate Powers

Hey, If you are going to get sub's find some of the Old School Rockford Fosgate Power HX2 Sub's with duel voice coil. That is what I have and mine are 10" at 2000 watts max and 1000 watts rms. I can put alot of shame to other cars. But if you have a little cash get the JL Audio W7's man.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by kraker
Hey, If you are going to get sub's find some of the Old School Rockford Fosgate Power HX2 Sub's with duel voice coil. That is what I have and mine are 10" at 2000 watts max and 1000 watts rms. I can put alot of shame to other cars. But if you have a little cash get the JL Audio W7's man.
more like a lot of cash lol
Old 01-08-2006, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by KangolRiot
more like a lot of cash lol
yea true a W7 is like 600 bucks just for the sub.

But if you got the money go for high-end JL audio or go for either 2 alpine type s or jus 1 type r and trust me you'll be satisfied
Old 01-08-2006, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by kraker
Rockford have horrible sound quality and unless you plan on upgrading your alternator and grounds and use 1 aut wire, forget about the W7's. W6's sound much cleaner and hit just as hard and dont have an annoying popping sound after every hit. If you want a ton of bass do W6's if you want alot of bass do the W3's and if you want a nice ammount of bass go for W1's they hit the hardest for the money.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:41 PM

the new rockford are really very nice.. the older stuff i agree with cartoys ferret... but man the new stuff just jams and doesnt do to bad with sq in the right box at all...... imo you want the best sq go image dynamics, you want pure spl and just ridiculous output there is sounsplinter and other way better and that need less power than the w7. w7 not a bad sub but there are way way better spl woofers out there. but as said make sure you have the power and you electrical has the nads to support it..

to kraker im suprised you havent burned them up rockford knew of the problems with these. we had the rockford head engineers at my shop discussing the problems with these. also kyle witherspoon (now with lightning at the time with rockford) and they knew of the cone separation problems... just like kicker knows of the tinsel leads breaking on the l7 12"'s right now but they still have yet to fix them....we and many other shops made them very aware of the problems and they are still breaking lol...... there are awsome subs for not much $$$ you just need to know where to look and most of the time they are brands you dont know well....... look at what they use at comps most of which the average comsumer never even knew existed.....
Old 01-09-2006, 07:09 PM

If your going for sound quality you need to get Focal Subwoofers the subs run $750 for a 10'', however a 250/1 would be sufficient power for them as apposed to the 500/1 or 1000/1 needed by the JL W3/W6/W7. But make sure you dont build your own box... unless your a master carpenter. The Box is 80% of your sound. Focal are definately top of the line sound quality subs and there is nothing better.Period. A close 2nd might be the Inifnity Perfects.

On the other hand, if you want hard hitting bass then you need to get JL W6,not W7. W7s are actually designed to be a sound quality sub, contrary to what most car audio newbs think. The W6 are designed to deliver the most bass of the JL line. If your going to do 2 10'' or 12'' JL W6 then youll need a 1000/1. If you wanted just a single 10'' or 12'' then a 500/1 would work just fine.