Featured Car Showcase Featured car submissions, voting, and showcasing.

January 2009 FCOTM - Spectral

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jeez if you want to get technical, why do 2.2's and g5's run for COTM since this is COBALT SS .net, morons, this car was the basis for our cars.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by fballman1987
jeez if you want to get technical, why do 2.2's and g5's run for COTM since this is COBALT SS .net, morons, this car was the basis for our cars.
at least they are identical-ish in appearance and share A LOT more parts than the RL.

i mean its a nice car but i don't think it is appropriate to represent our site

imagine the same situation for audi A3 and golf GTI for this matter, what would you think if the golf is featured on the audi forum or vise versa?
Old 01-06-2009, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by PenguinPIE
at least they are identical-ish in appearance and share A LOT more parts than the RL.

i mean its a nice car but i don't think it is appropriate to represent our site

imagine the same situation for audi A3 and golf GTI for this matter, what would you think if the golf is featured on the audi forum or vise versa?
at the end of the day its a vw either way who gives a **** over minor things.

and if you havent notcied the new members dont represent the site very well. does that mean they cannot run for COTM?

Last edited by fballman1987; 01-06-2009 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-06-2009, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by fballman1987
and if you havent notcied the new members dont represent the site very well. does that mean they cannot run for COTM?
well car of the month is really just about the car
Old 01-06-2009, 12:56 AM
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 905BMX
lol whats a saturn doing on the [/b]COBALT SS[/b] FCOTOM?? Its not a very good looking one at that.
Spec has been on this site for a while so im surprised it took him this long to run. You have been here what a month? STFU
Old 01-06-2009, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Black SS/SC 06
Spec has been on this site for a while so im surprised it took him this long to run. You have been here what a month? STFU
easy on the new members...we were all new members once and he's just stating his opinion

Old 01-06-2009, 01:15 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by PenguinPIE
easy on the new members...we were all new members once and he's just stating his opinion

And so was I
Old 01-06-2009, 01:29 AM

congrats...nice car! Tupperware FTW, ehh! LOL...I think I may buy some...
Old 01-06-2009, 01:55 AM

There is no reason to argue over this guys. It's pointless and your ruining my thread. Philco3 who happens to run the FCOTM approved of it and voted for me. ReignSS another moderator also voted for me. I clearly got the majority of votes from the forum public and the Administrator of CobaltSS congratulated me on the win.

If you guys have a problem there is a forum section to address issues that you have. Please do not fill up my thread with your useless arguments.

And I would like to reiterate a few points on why I ran. First of all this is CobaltSS.net. So the fact that 2.2's and some 2.4's are allowed to run in essence "breaks the rules." I personally do not think even though it is CobaltSS that ONLY SS's can run. To the next point, Pontiac G5's although very similar, still have different exterior looks BUT share the majority of similar parts.

Because of that fact there I came to the conclusion the and Ion, ESPECIALLY the Redline version, should have no problem running for FCOTM. Here are the reasons:

#1. It shares the same platform and majority of parts to the Cobalt SS/SC (Which the site is constructed for in the first place)

#2. It differs in looks, but like previously stated, the Pontiac G5 is not cosmetically the exact same.

#3. This one happens to be the most important and has been stated multiple times. The ION Redline was put into production and sold in the year 2004. That is one entire year before the Cobalt SS/SC hit the showroom floors. The ION Redline in essence was a prototype car to the Cobalt SS/SC and with out the ION Redline the Cobalt SS/SC would have never been sold.

Those are my reasoning and I would guess it is because of those reasons I was allowed to participate.

I will say this again, please do not fill this thread full of useless and pointless arguing about if I should or should not have won.

SITE DEVELOPMENT AND HELP

Click the above link, and start a thread with your concerns. Please check before making a thread because one will probably already have been made. And if it has been made and has been locked then please do not try to make another thread like it is going to make a difference.

I really hate to sound like an ******* here but I have been around this site for longer than most people. And the people who have been around since "the good times" can agree with me that back in "the good times" I do not think there would have been such a huge fiasco over an ION Redline winning FTCOM.

The past months this site has really started to go downhill. All you newer members really need to grow up. This site use to be, and needs to get back to being a site where people can actually go for useful information and to actually have a group of people that are out there to help versus an obvious attempt from many new members to act like the cool tough guy and be an *******.

There is a reason you don't see many senior members on the forum that often. Myself included. So please take this with a grain of salt, do not take it personally, take it as a word of advice and grow up and make the forum better.

Sorry for such the long rant everyone.

/rant.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:05 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Spectral

I really hate to sound like an ******* here but I have been around this site for longer than most people. And the people who have been around since "the good times" can agree with me that back in "the good times" I do not think there would have been such a huge fiasco over an ION Redline winning FTCOM.

The past months this site has really started to go downhill. All you newer members really need to grow up. This site use to be, and needs to get back to being a site where people can actually go for useful information and to actually have a group of people that are out there to help versus an obvious attempt from many new members to act like the cool tough guy and be an *******.

There is a reason you don't see many senior members on the forum that often. Myself included. So please take this with a grain of salt, do not take it personally, take it as a word of advice and grow up and make the forum better.

QFT!
Old 01-06-2009, 04:05 AM

i agree theres no point in arguing so i will stop inputting to this thread. but i stand by my argument. the decision is not for me or most of us on here to make anyway

but if the site does decide to go this direction from now on they should change this:

Old 01-06-2009, 04:08 AM
Platinum Member

Yea perhaps it should be Ride of the Month
Old 01-06-2009, 04:21 AM

Congrats Spec!

I love the car, I admit I didnt get a chance to vote for ya though, I havent been on this site much recently compared to another I now participate in and just now saw that you ran and won.

Sucks the downies gave you a hard time tho.