Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Man
Old 03-17-2009, 12:49 PM

OTTP FTW!!!!

that is all.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
im gonna say what no one else has so far.
do not buy the CA heat exchanger!
its very highly priced, and it isnt that large. If you want an upgraded heat exchanger, get the ZZP one, the OTTP one, or one of the CX Racing ones. They are all cheaper, and bigger
Old 03-19-2009, 11:57 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 213 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by mccuenss
no i dont have any problems as far as fuel i actually have a buddy that told me to put that pulley on the car there is plenty of fuel there he is a mechanic and has built many cars. He said that those injectors are good up to almost 20lbs eaisily 60lb injectors are huge and it will make the car run real rich i have almost a perfect air fuel ratio.
lmao I have heard it all.

Originally Posted by Hurt-ya
DO NOT BUY A 2.6
it over spins ur blower
and yes 60 lbs injects are GREAT but over works the fuel pump if not tuned properly
i would go with the one step lower on the injectors
Gm's dual pass heat x-changer (Adds hp)
One step lower injectors from 60s are 42s.
and a GM dual pass does not add hp. it maintains any you have by prevention of heat soaking
Old 03-22-2009, 03:10 PM

DO NOT BUY A 2.6
it over spins ur blower
haven't had any problems yet....
Old 03-22-2009, 10:07 PM
Jn2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i recommend the OTTP h/e highest volume of all h/e's available
Old 03-22-2009, 10:34 PM

For what its worth..

all these people saying "kaboom" with 42s on a 2.8 have NO idea what they are talking about.

a 2.6 overspins the blower out of its efficiency.. meaning its going to make alot of extra heat..

Cool this, youll be fine.. your blower just doesnt "blow up"...
Old 03-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Jn2

Originally Posted by ShortStack
For what its worth..

all these people saying "kaboom" with 42s on a 2.8 have NO idea what they are talking about.

a 2.6 overspins the blower out of its efficiency.. meaning its going to make alot of extra heat..

Cool this, youll be fine.. your blower just doesnt "blow up"...
spinningover its effciency drains the life out of it, its like taking a little turbo and putting it on a bigger engine, sure it will boost, sure its going to overspin, yeah it wont blow up physically, but something will snap and break from constant phsycial heat that builds up inside, remember, there are bearign inside the blower, there is alot of things in there that can over heat and break...not just the air that goes thru it
Old 03-22-2009, 10:43 PM

It will absolutly kill the life span..

but people think that you run a 2.6 or 42s and a 2.8 and your engine just blows up or you break down in 5 min... Its just silly...
Old 03-18-2010, 07:46 AM

I have a question...If the stock HE is leaking and instead of buying the stock one for like 800 bucks can i buy a aftermarket one that is front mounted and just move all pipes over to it or do i need the stock one?
Old 03-18-2010, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 213 Likes on 172 Posts
DO NOT BUY A 2.6
it over spins ur blower
and yes 60 lbs injects are GREAT but over works the fuel pump if not tuned properly
i would go with the one step lower on the injectors

Any ways
cobra h/e does not add HP. it prevents HP loss just like was said in page one
Heat soak is a huge problem with these cars, well all roots blowers have a problem with heat

Best cooling upgrades IMO w/o use of cyro or meth etc...

Gm's dual pass heat x-changer (Adds hp)
Cobra's front mount Heat x-changer///

I got into a accident with a dog so the dealer ship instead an aftermarket cobra front mount heat changer... Alot more pricier.. But works alot better then the stock cobra front mount

the duel pass heat x-changer from gm is REALLY Great upgrade

But so is the cobra heat exchanger....

I suggest both

I have my resovoir running through the cobra h/e then into my dual pass h/e

so i have both pumps going... Then im going to get a cyro set up for hte front mount
then i will never run into any heating issues with a 2.7 pulley

All the fittings will work, you just need extra hose..
A cryo setup really wont be efficient on a air/water setup

Originally Posted by ChrisandAmanda
I have a question...If the stock HE is leaking and instead of buying the stock one for like 800 bucks can i buy a aftermarket one that is front mounted and just move all pipes over to it or do i need the stock one?
you do not need the stock one, you can get an aftermarket one and move them over.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by 07MetallicSC
A cryo setup really wont be efficient on a air/water setup
lulz at response to a 1 year old question
Old 03-23-2010, 10:53 PM

I was checking out the CX heat exchanger on Cobalt Addiction the other day and saw that they advertised a 2.79" pulley "proven to run great on the GM stage 2 reflash as it is very rich fuel wise to start with and this will bring you right into the correct AFR."

I'm a natural skeptic, what are thoughts?
Old 03-24-2010, 06:21 AM

band-aid ish to power needs. A real tune is best, with60# injecotrs being ideal, thoughi suppose you can run it without
Old 03-24-2010, 04:31 PM

Ya I dont think its good to run anything below a 2.9 on 42lb injectors, much less on the GM stage 2 tune.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:50 PM

Uhm i have a 2006 chevy cobalt SS/SC and my coolant rises to 212 degress uhm do i need a new thermo ? did anyone else had this problem it happens when im in traffic or something it starts rising but then when i turn on my a/c it starts going down but then my engine starts making noises like rattaling does anyone know ? or can help me plz?
Old 04-02-2010, 10:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The big question here is what 42lb/hr injectors? The GMS2 injectors or the Lucas 42.5lb/hr injectors?

I ran a 2.79" and the Lucas 42.5's for a good amount of time with no issues. The Lucas injectors have a lot more room in them than the Stg 2 42's.

The big issue here is heat, which he is addressing. I would recommend the OTTP H/E and maybe look into Meth...
Old 04-04-2010, 10:44 PM

they actually only have .5lbs/hr more room...
Old 04-04-2010, 11:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HunterKiller89
they actually only have .5lbs/hr more room...
If you say so...
Old 04-05-2010, 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by robby_ss
Uhm i have a 2006 chevy cobalt SS/SC and my coolant rises to 212 degress uhm do i need a new thermo ? did anyone else had this problem it happens when im in traffic or something it starts rising but then when i turn on my a/c it starts going down but then my engine starts making noises like rattaling does anyone know ? or can help me plz?

that happens to everyone
if u pay attention the cooling fan will turn on in the engine bay and cool it about 20-25 degrees and then shut off
Old 04-11-2010, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by robby_ss
A thermostat will simply change when the engine get's water flow, if you allow water to flow to early it can cause alot of concerns like warping, cracking, and such, coming in to late also causes heat related issues with sudden cool water surges. This same reason is why you can cool the Intercooler with a CO2 Cooler, but it's generally not a good idea to do that same thing to the radiator.

Your car will generally speaking make more heat with the AC on, this is because the Refrig in the AC unit will collect heat and require cooldown, you'll notice usually condensation on the ground when you park the car after few mins, this is because the AC strips heat from the air and often makes alittle amount of water in the air condense enough to start collecting. This makes usually a ting or clank clank like sound.

A true intercooler (an Heat Exchanger which are essentially the same) cools boosted air so that you may run lower temp air. This allows you to run more, however as you make more and more boost the heat rises, and sadly with a Air-Water-Air Intercooler our cars must use, versus the Turbo's which can Run Air-Air, our intercoolers are alot less effective after 5 mins or so, however our initial output is immensely sought after by high output runners. Our intercooler is a plate which intercepts heat like a cool rod over hot airflow, it's usually mounted between the supercharger and the engine, cool water flows thru the rods, and then heat get's stripped out and then flows down to be cooled by the intercooler (for us a heat exchanger, really a water cooler). This is the three stage interaction, the air of boost that is hot meets cool water which meets the cool air of the outside. Advantages are there is a cooling factor even at idle, where air-air is not available. You cannot air-air cool a positive displacement supercharger which is the Roots Eaton, and more screw like TVS is more of a Twin Screw. A Twin Screw is one of the few superchargers that can make power like a Turbo, without the loss of on demand. You'll see more power come out in percentages than solid numbers like with exhaust, intake upgrades. Every upgrade will help make even more power, for reference view "kennebell.net" there some good points there, intercooler evaluation is wrong though, it does make power even if all it does is cool boost 10 degrees of F is 1hp gain.

I would say if you need the power, get a CO2 sprayer on it,
I highly discourage duel intercoolers in front of each other because the rear intercooler is just getting heat wash from the front, making it useless, kinda like the lower part of our radiators, set them aside like a 3000GT VR-4 and it might work, but one large center front mount is great for it...
A proper tuned car can run rich and make great power with a great ignition system behind it,

The Four Primary factors that make a good Supercharged system are this,

1) Sufficient Output of Supercharger to maintain boost at high rpm, this however doesn't mean supercharger's like ours do not lose alittle boost because engine eats it faster than it can be made.

2) Heat goes by by with the Intercooler, this allows you to run lower octane with bigger boost if you have good sized intercooler, power can be made with a intercooler, the biggest issue is it will cost money, and if slightly fucked up can cost you more power than it's worth, leaks are bad, and heat not dissipating is even more bad.

3) When you assemble your fuel system it must be efficient, clean, and alittle more over what you need to ensure your engine is not in demand of fuel. Fuel Ironicly also cools the inside of the motor prior to ignition. Building to exactly what you need is stupid, because if anything fails your already in world hurt, fuel is what keeps the engine from frying rods, fuel pressure is a good thing to watch.

4) As boost get's higher your going to need a spark that isn't snuffed out. If your spark is big and ignites alot of the injected fuel, you will have no problem making power.

Unlike Turbo's we do not see 1600degrees on high boost setups, I believe that with our extreme heat advantage you can get around the lack of power our belts take up. Power immediately gives us an edge lower, you cannot race on high rpms alone.

And Turbo's take power too, until that turbine is spun enough there is a resistance in the exhaust, which is far worse than the small amount the supercharger saps. Stop whining it's bad in different ways either way. But a supercharger will be useful on the street, and can be very reliable, very few parts are not integrated into the core unit.

Last edited by Legion; 04-11-2010 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Additions
Old 04-11-2010, 04:36 PM

lotta misinformation in there....but a lot of good info too.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Jn2

Originally Posted by HunterKiller89
lotta misinformation in there....but a lot of good info too.
u actually read it :p i sorta skimmed it...
Old 04-11-2010, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jn2
u actually read it :p i sorta skimmed it...
lol, i was bored. IMO its interesting reading long posts like that solely to check the quality of the post
Old 04-18-2010, 09:34 AM

ok so i got a question, i was looking at the zz performance heat exchanger, this one http://www.zzperformance.com/cobalt_...=895&catid=188
im stock except for a cai, so if i buy this it would free up some hp?

Quick Reply: Cobalt-Addiction front mount heat exchanger